Home

The "strength" slider

This is a discussion on The "strength" slider within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The "strength" slider

really does help with space really like I'm seeing post game isn't over powered
Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Going to try this as well. Will set me my setting to All Star Simulation and change the strenght slider only. That is my problem..It gets soo frustrating when I am constantly getting "magnetized" to my own players as well as the CPU. Im looking for more spacing on the court. Will see if this helps.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by ckarlic; 01-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I've been looking how to create more spacing in this game..I will be away from my PS4 for four more days so I will be looking forward to some experiences from you guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #12
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
The topic is based on the strength slider in which I believe is the core of this game . Whether on default, simulation or custom sliders , the strength slider is what brings the game together or leaves it unplayable.

This is how the strength slider should be set up for the following:
Human/ CPU
Rookie. 100/60
Pro. 100/50
Allstar. 100/40
Superstar. 100/30
HOF. 100/20

Whatever you decide for skill level this scenerio creates space and more fluidity on offense.

Man THANK YOU

This eliminated that "force field" feel to me and took away the feeling like I couldn't make the moves that I wanted without jamming on the sticks. It feels so much smoother now.

Definitely gives you more space!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:42 AM   #13
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man THANK YOU

This eliminated that "force field" feel to me and took away the feeling like I couldn't make the moves that I wanted without jamming on the sticks. It feels so much smoother now.

Definitely gives you more space!
has it had a change effect on rebounding or posting up or anything else?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:04 AM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

Ive been on pro and I always up my rebounds more than the cpu because of the cheapness so im not sure exactly what you might want to feel.

I will say it makes me feel more in control so the cheapness is not there. The most noticeable thing is that the controller is not rumbling like a mad dog anytime in close to a player and I can make driving moves easier.

Im playing with OKC at the moment against Memphis so im not doing too much posting up but I'll play with the Rockets next to use Dwight and see how he feels.

I did post up once with Adams. It felt more grounded when I did the post move if that makes sense, it was just a plain and simple hook shot, not a sweeping jump hook because he just has to leap to do it.

Looking at the sliders it looks like 2k defaulted them all anyway so I didnt change rebounding. I changed strength, and help defense to 25 as well as up offensive and defensive awareness to about 70 or 80 for me and the CPU so my teammates and the computer AI can just make better decisions.

It just feels looser and not as cheap, not as bumpy and Zbo just missed a bunny in the post which is something that never happens.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 AM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

Another thing is I feel like beating slow footed bigs so far is no problem. I know Koufous is not that great at foot speed but I can feel it when he tries to guard me as Jackson, or KD...he just can't keep up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ive been on pro and I always up my rebounds more than the cpu because of the cheapness so im not sure exactly what you might want to feel.

I will say it makes me feel more in control so the cheapness is not there. The most noticeable thing is that the controller is not rumbling like a mad dog anytime in close to a player and I can make driving moves easier.

Im playing with OKC at the moment against Memphis so im not doing too much posting up but I'll play with the Rockets next to use Dwight and see how he feels.

I did post up once with Adams. It felt more grounded when I did the post move if that makes sense, it was just a plain and simple hook shot, not a sweeping jump hook because he just has to leap to do it.

Looking at the sliders it looks like 2k defaulted them all anyway so I didnt change rebounding. I changed strength, and help defense to 25 as well as up offensive and defensive awareness to about 70 or 80 for me and the CPU so my teammates and the computer AI can just make better decisions.

It just feels looser and not as cheap, not as bumpy and Zbo just missed a bunny in the post which is something that never happens.
Great run down. Ill give this a go aswell.

Do you mean you turned CPU strength down to 25?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »