Home

For those having too high user/CPU shooting % Use these sliders as your base set

This is a discussion on For those having too high user/CPU shooting % Use these sliders as your base set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
For those having too high user/CPU shooting % Use these sliders as your base set

For those having too high shooting %
  • Change all the shooting sliders to even for both you and the CPU (50's for all).
  • Change CPu offensive/defensive awareness up to 55-70 depending on your skill level, the higher you go the smarter the CPU will play ( I have mine at 68).
  • The offensive/defensive awareness settings is really where you get the difficulty from as it effects the CPU's ability to play with higher or lower bball IQ depending on how high or low yo set it.
  • Lastly, and this is where the lower % comes into play without having to change their attributes... Turn offensive consistency down to around 35 or 40 for both you and the CPU. This effects how often you or the CPU will stay hot, the lower you go the harder it will be to consistently shoot around 50% from the field for an entire game(turn down defensive consistency same level to add realistic random defensive breakdowns or rotations like in real NBA).

This lowered consistency paired with higher offensive/defensive awareness will alow the CPU to continue to behave with a high basketball IQ but will lower their chances of being able to consistently hit shots. It adds random variance into the mix where they might hit some tough shots then sometimes they may go cold and miss shots they usually make like you see in actual NBA

I played against the warriors with these settings and it was a shootout at times, then during stretches of the game me or the CPU (sometimes both) would go cold and it would be a defensive grind-it-out slugfest for stretches.

They shot 48% and I shot 46% for FG and they shot 41% from 3pt and I shot 38% from 3Pt (I was the nuggets who are an average shooting team), Final score was 89-81 they beat me but I didn't feel cheated because these little tweaks add in the random errors while keeping the players playing like NBA players who are smart but make random mistakes every now and then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
Banned

Re: For those having too high user/CPU shooting % Use these sliders as your base set

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxelite2430
For those having too high shooting %
  • Change all the shooting sliders to even for both you and the CPU (50's for all).
  • Change CPu offensive/defensive awareness up to 55-70 depending on your skill level, the higher you go the smarter the CPU will play ( I have mine at 68).
  • The offensive/defensive awareness settings is really where you get the difficulty from as it effects the CPU's ability to play with higher or lower bball IQ depending on how high or low yo set it.
  • Lastly, and this is where the lower % comes into play without having to change their attributes... Turn offensive consistency down to around 35 or 40 for both you and the CPU. This effects how often you or the CPU will stay hot, the lower you go the harder it will be to consistently shoot around 50% from the field for an entire game(turn down defensive consistency same level to add realistic random defensive breakdowns or rotations like in real NBA).

This lowered consistency paired with higher offensive/defensive awareness will alow the CPU to continue to behave with a high basketball IQ but will lower their chances of being able to consistently hit shots. It adds random variance into the mix where they might hit some tough shots then sometimes they may go cold and miss shots they usually make like you see in actual NBA

I played against the warriors with these settings and it was a shootout at times, then during stretches of the game me or the CPU (sometimes both) would go cold and it would be a defensive grind-it-out slugfest for stretches.

They shot 48% and I shot 46% for FG and they shot 41% from 3pt and I shot 38% from 3Pt (I was the nuggets who are an average shooting team), Final score was 89-81 they beat me but I didn't feel cheated because these little tweaks add in the random errors while keeping the players playing like NBA players who are smart but make random mistakes every now and then.
Custom? All Star? What sliders do you start with?
Old 09-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: For those having too high user/CPU shooting % Use these sliders as your base set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview2015
There's no difficulty on top of sliders. From my understanding, the difficulties in the past games just gave the CPU secret attribute boosts on top of the slider adjustments.

The way they do it now if that you just adjust sliders sliders. There's still presets but those are just the sliders at a certain setting. EX: HOF, the CPU gets a boosts in Attributes and shot settings.

Once you change a slider, it automatically becomes "Custom"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2016, 01:16 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I would say start with All Star, it's the closest to being even on both sides

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2016, 06:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

I always start off playing allstar but this year 2K didn't have a base or default slider, meaning everything at 50.

If you adjust them to 50 it will automatically change it to custom sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #6
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
I always start off playing allstar but this year 2K didn't have a base or default slider, meaning everything at 50.

If you adjust them to 50 it will automatically change it to custom sliders.
This year difficulty also changes the level of ACE. Czar talked about it in his stream.
At Rookie you have lowest level of ACE and on HOF you have full ACE.

Beluba confirmed that if you change sliders the ACE will stay on the level you started changing. (ex. If you set HOF and change sliders ACE stays on HOF)
Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
This year difficulty also changes the level of ACE. Czar talked about it in his stream.
At Rookie you have lowest level of ACE and on HOF you have full ACE.

Beluba confirmed that if you change sliders the ACE will stay on the level you started changing. (ex. If you set HOF and change sliders ACE stays on HOF)
That is good to know. Now we have to get sliders right
Old 09-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview2015
It doesn't matter because once you start adjusting sliders it turns to custom. However, if you want the CPU to throw the entire Adaptive coaching engine at you than go to Hall of fame sliders setting, than start editing from there. Once you start editing it will turn to custom but the adaptive coaching engine (ACE) for the CPU will still be hall of fame according to 2k developers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »