Home

Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

This is a discussion on Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
What are your controller settings? Want to try these out
I've never messed with controller settings to be honest. I want everyone to simply be comfortable with what they like. I'm hoping to find a balance in sliders for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I will try these out..... how r u liking them so far with acceleration at 46 and speed at 25?
I like it but I'm going to drop game speed to 52 or 53 and see how that is with this particular set. Although 55 is fun, it still seems a little too quick animation wise.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-16-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by catambay10
So, I played a game with the updated sliders, i completely forgot to take a pic lol. But anyways, I think the blocks are a little too high. I had to drop it to 60. I had about 43 FG% while the Kings had 42 FG% (I was the Heat). Btw I was playing with Real Player %. I still think FG% are slightly a little low, tho. Other than, everything else was good.
Thanks. Blocks i'm still tinkering with. For that aspect, i'm not really looking at stats. I'm more so looking at what should/could be blocked or not. I do agree that it is a little high though. As for the shooting percentages, they vary from game to game. Believe me, i'm considering raising it a little also. I just don't want to make it too easy since i know most people enjoy a challenge.

So these sliders work well with Real% also if the shooting sliders are raised slightly? If so, that's encouraging.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-16-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #43
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0

Just tried these and I was very impressed! I sucked at shooting because I played with the Pelicans and I dont know much about their players shooting forms. But the game flowed superbly. I did notice some things that could be tweaked. My players, more noticeable in defence, feel like they are moving through mud when trying to defend. Especially laterally. When trying to move quickly to the left or right, it takes too long and the CPU flies past me. I think the attributes responsible for this need to be tweaked. On the other hand, when I am on offence, the CPU sticks to me like glue most of the time. I consider myself a good defender, but with this set I find it hard to defend when my man is moving a lot and also when trying to put a hand in his face, it feels delayed because my defender Is still stuck in his sideways moving animation. So the CPU has already gotten off their shot and I am still trying to turn sideways and am a fraction late putting a hand up. I think I might lift the lateral quickness setting up to 45-50 and see how that goes. Apart from this, I LOVE this set Eggie. CPU's offence feels really nice and I can play 12 min quarters AND have good stats at the same time, which is the most important for me. Im a sim baller. Having important game stats post match is important for me, and I feel this set is OK at doing this. Sample size is small however, having played just one match. Game speed at 52 is nice. That is what I tested it at.

On other sets I have been testing, I was having big problems playing 12 quarters and having unrealistic stats, in particular way too many points in the paint from the CPU and too many FGA from both teams. This slider set comes closest to sim stats. Bring on the further tweaks. This set has huge potential

I still get the odd average defence from the AI, but I dont know why, but playing at higher game speeds has improved the AI defence considerably.

PS. I feel the more we touch tendency settings, the more wonky the CPU offence plays. I think leaving most things at 50 like you have, the game plays better. Just my observation.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Just tried these and I was very impressed! I sucked at shooting because I played with the Pelicans and I dont know much about their players shooting forms. But the game flowed superbly. I did notice some things that could be tweaked. My players, more noticeable in defence, feel like they are moving through mud when trying to defend. Especially laterally. When trying to move quickly to the left or right, it takes too long and the CPU flies past me. I think the attributes responsible for this need to be tweaked. On the other hand, when I am on offence, the CPU sticks to me like glue most of the time. I consider myself a good defender, but with this set I find it hard to defend when my man is moving a lot and also when trying to put a hand in his face, it feels delayed because my defender Is still stuck in his sideways moving animation. So the CPU has already gotten off their shot and I am still trying to turn sideways and am a fraction late putting a hand up. I think I might lift the lateral quickness setting up to 45-50 and see how that goes. Apart from this, I LOVE this set Eggie. CPU's offence feels really nice and I can play 12 min quarters AND have good stats at the same time, which is the most important for me. Im a sim baller. Having important game stats post match is important for me, and I feel this set is OK at doing this. Sample size is small however, having played just one match. Game speed at 52 is nice. That is what I tested it at.

On other sets I have been testing, I was having big problems playing 12 quarters and having unrealistic stats, in particular way too many points in the paint from the CPU and too many FGA from both teams. This slider set comes closest to sim stats. Bring on the further tweaks. This set has huge potential

I still get the odd average defense from the AI, but I dont know why, but playing at higher game speeds has improved the AI defense considerably.

PS. I feel the more we touch tendency settings, the more wonky the CPU offence plays. I think leaving most things at 50 like you have, the game plays better. Just my observation.
Thanks. I just posted another update. Try the new one. I hope this one works out better for you. I'm not really having much of a defensive problem, though i'm still tweaking. The only problem i have is the fact that i want the user and cpu sliders to be the same lol. So that's probably the problem when it comes to defense. The cpu is kinda tough to get by though i can do so often enough. It's like the cpu can read our minds lol. I also have a family of offensive beasts who want the defense to be pretty tough. Balance is hard to find. I also bumped shooting up to 42. Hope this helps everyone since 40 may have been slightly low. On defense, don't always hold the L2/LT down. Try to mix it up a little bit. If it looks as if you are getting beat, take your hand off to catch up a little and then get right back on it with some help from R2/RT in both instances of course.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-16-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #45
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie25
Thanks. I just posted another update. Try the new one. I hope this one works out better for you. I'm not really having much of a defensive problem, though i'm still tweaking. The only problem i have is the fact that i want the user and cpu sliders to be the same lol. So that's probably the problem when it comes to defense. The cpu is kinda tough to get by though i can do so often enough. It's like the cpu can read our minds lol. I also have a family of offensive beasts who want the defense to be pretty tough. Balance is hard to find. I also bumped shooting up to 42. Hope this helps everyone since 40 may have been slightly low.
You cant please everyone unfortunately lol.
Just go with your gut man. Getting the balance right between having a simulation type boxscore AND having the gameplay play like sim and be fun at the same time is a hard thing to get right. Its all about testing and tweaking. Yeah, I can understand people want it tough and so do I. I prefer playing on HOF too, but when my defenders move sideways and feels like their stuck in mud, it annoys me lol.

Awesome sounds good. Its 2am here in Australia so I am off to bed, but will get a game in tomorrow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #46
MVP

creweutah's Arena

And in terms of simulation stats, I do think having shooting and FT's at Real % will give much better results, both in boxscore and sim stats overall. For us simballers, using real percentages just gives better overall feel to be honest. Id be happy to test using Real % to try and get the best possible slider set. Just feel that user timing doesn't reflect sim ball that well and feels cheesy.

Last edited by creweutah; 12-16-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #47
Pro

Quote:
You cant please everyone unfortunately lol.
Just go with your gut man. Getting the balance right between having a simulation type boxscore AND having the gameplay play like sim and be fun at the same time is a hard thing to get right. Its all about testing and tweaking. Yeah, I can understand people want it tough and so do I. I prefer playing on HOF too, but when my defenders move sideways and feels like their stuck in mud, it annoys me lol.

Awesome sounds good. Its 2am here in Australia so I am off to bed, but will get a game in tomorrow
Lol. Goodnight. I just improved the stuck in the mud feeling you were talking about. I know for a fact you will enjoy the new update i just made even more than the last. I know exactly what causes that feeling. You will notice the difference when you wake up. Thanks to you, i also know my sliders can work with user and real %. Big men are also having a harder time staying with good ball handlers. I just shook off Love and Thompson 3 straight plays with Kemba Walker. On defense, i'm staying with the cpu better. The one change i made is helping both sides of the ball.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-16-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:57 AM   #48
Rookie

Imma try your updated sliders using Real % again, and see how they will play out. But what's your Defensive and Boxout Assist Strength, including your Automatic Shot Contest? I was messing with them a few weeks ago and I can't remember what the Default Settings were. I'm not quite sure if they affect the games I play but I feel like they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »