Home

NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #73
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Anyone else play MyGM instead of MyLeague? If so, have you found a way to use custom rosters with it? Can you only use 2K rosters?

Thanks
in mygm you can only use 2k rosters

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #74
Rookie

I've played a game with the new version I didn't really like what I saw to be honest. I crushed the warriors with the 76ers, something that didn't happen with the last version.

First, I think the game is too slow. Not really in the movement of the players (although they seem a little slow too), but in the animation. An exemple for that: Embiid made a screen on Thompson for Reddick to have an open 3, I give him the ball, he was wiiiide open, I ask him to shoot, and the animation was so slow that McGee who was under the rim had time to run and contest the shot And things like this happened way too many times in my opinion.

Then, the scoring % dropped, which in itself is good cause they were too high in my opinion, but they dropped too much. The warriors ended scoring 35% (and their 3p% was higher so that means that they had a lot of trouble scoring 2pts). Which leads to another problem: it's almost impossible (if not impossible) to score a contested lay up. With the on-ball defense being so high and the players being slow, they missed every lay up. Curry for exemple was 1/10 from 2, Fultz 0/6. And when there was a foul, it ended up in an and-one, almost always

Also, I'm not sure if changing the tendencies was great. I've seen the CPU completly lost so many times on the court, doing absolutly nothing or shooting when they shouldn't (like Thompson going to the rim, stop and shoot a highly contested 2 and miss...) i don't know if it because of the speed being to low which doesn't give the cpu enough time to have a clean tactic or not.

Ah and the 3's are still to high in my opinion, especially for the user, i ended the game with more than 50% again :/

My first game against the warriors with the previous set: 120-113 (great and intense game)
Last game against the warriors with the actual set: 115-80 (way too easy and actually not really fun to play :/)

So yeah that's my opinion, don't take it as a mean attack, it's the opposite I also want these sliders to be the better possible and they have a great basis, only the last changes didn't convince me.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #75
Rookie

Edit -- Nvm, just saw gro's OS roster thread, his Kings roster is the correct one with the updated line ups

Last edited by MOBAFFILIATED; 01-17-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #76
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviances
I've played a game with the new version I didn't really like what I saw to be honest. I crushed the warriors with the 76ers, something that didn't happen with the last version.

First, I think the game is too slow. Not really in the movement of the players (although they seem a little slow too), but in the animation. An exemple for that: Embiid made a screen on Thompson for Reddick to have an open 3, I give him the ball, he was wiiiide open, I ask him to shoot, and the animation was so slow that McGee who was under the rim had time to run and contest the shot And things like this happened way too many times in my opinion.

Then, the scoring % dropped, which in itself is good cause they were too high in my opinion, but they dropped too much. The warriors ended scoring 35% (and their 3p% was higher so that means that they had a lot of trouble scoring 2pts). Which leads to another problem: it's almost impossible (if not impossible) to score a contested lay up. With the on-ball defense being so high and the players being slow, they missed every lay up. Curry for exemple was 1/10 from 2, Fultz 0/6. And when there was a foul, it ended up in an and-one, almost always

Also, I'm not sure if changing the tendencies was great. I've seen the CPU completly lost so many times on the court, doing absolutly nothing or shooting when they shouldn't (like Thompson going to the rim, stop and shoot a highly contested 2 and miss...) i don't know if it because of the speed being to low which doesn't give the cpu enough time to have a clean tactic or not.

Ah and the 3's are still to high in my opinion, especially for the user, i ended the game with more than 50% again :/

My first game against the warriors with the previous set: 120-113 (great and intense game)
Last game against the warriors with the actual set: 115-80 (way too easy and actually not really fun to play :/)

So yeah that's my opinion, don't take it as a mean attack, it's the opposite I also want these sliders to be the better possible and they have a great basis, only the last changes didn't convince me.
Thanks for the feedback. This beta3 set is ONLY for use on Gro23 roster set. It plays much differently on the default roster set. I am working on a set for the default roster set also.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:44 AM   #77
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K18 Community Simulation Slider Set

How do I get Gro23 roster on PS4?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2018, 01:30 AM   #78
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtl420
How do I get Gro23 roster on PS4?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
TopShotGwaup15
download the one with more downloads

Old 01-18-2018, 04:21 AM   #79
MVP

creweutah's Arena

All need to remember these sets are beta sets. I am experimenting with a few things to try and get the game playing the way I want it too. It seems I will only be using the default roster as a few people have messaged me asking to make a set for the Xbox and PC users.

So tonight, I will be starting a new MYGM and will start tweaking from there. First impressions are that default roster and default HOF actually plays OK out of the box;
Old 01-18-2018, 06:44 AM   #80
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

this was a match where for the first three periods I was always to resort to the Bucks, then in the fourth the music changed because the Bucks lost Antekoutompo 6 minutes from the end and from there they had problems and Lillard changed the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »