Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #81
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Here's my findings from testing morale and chemistry sliders last night.

-Players with high "play for winner" rating are more affected by the W-L record.

-Players with high finance ambition freak out if they get demoted to the GLeague. They also lose a bit of morale if they get less playing time than their overall rating deserves. The opposite is also true (if high finance guys get playing time then they get happy). I think the "team player" and "extremely confident" badges factor into this too but i can't be 100% sure.

-Players with high loyalty freak out if they don't get a contract extension. High loyalty players are also okay with going to G-League. And the effects of loyalty on resigning players is self-explanatory.

-Expressive players have bigger morale hits or boosts. The opposite is true for laid back players. Neutral guys are in the middle.

-I think guys with friendly badges have a good affect on Team chemistry, but it's hard to be truly sure. And i think the opposite is true for reserved guys.

-Both Morale and Team Chemistry affect player attributes (non-permanently), but i'm yet to figure out if morale affects team chemistry or if team chemistry affects morale. It'd be interesting to know whether there is a feedback loop there somewhere.

I really wish there was a dev that worked on ML that we could have a dialog with and find out what's going on under the hood.
I tried testing what would happen if i boosted chemistry affects to 100, and i didn't really notice a difference. Then i boosted chemistry difficulty to 100 AS WELL and i barely noticed a difference there either. I think when the difficulty is raised then once teams get over 90 then it's harder to maintain the chemistry level. But i think it's just as easy to get to 90 chemistry with a 100 difficulty sliders as it is with a 50.

Adjusting morale sliders had a noticeable affect though. Now it's about finding the right balance between morale and chemistry edits.

I'm gonna be boosting the affects of morale in my sliders, as well as making a roster where i edit every single player's ambitions etc (using CelticLG's roster as a base). I really love the idea of adding more non-basketball factors into the MyLeague experience. I wish 2K did it but oh well.

Obviously you can't quantify personality stuff, but i look at NBA headlines every day for the past 10 years, as well as analyzed every NBA draft and watch interviews etc, so i've got a bit of a natural feel for player personalities. I'm also super interested in psychology stuff so i find it to be fun.
team chemistry is affected by 3. things. 1 is player morale. 2. is if you make trades..however releasing a player has 0 impact. and finally 3. if you are winning or losing.

you have a bad egg on your team as far as morale goes...it will limit how high your teams chemistry can go. if you have several guys upset... watch out.

losing also impacts chemistry levels by a per game basis....on lower percentages if you lose a game it will drop a percent or 2 or if you win a game it will go up a percent or 2. at higher percentages you can lose a game or 2 in a row before you see it dip.

if you start to lose a bunch of games, your player morale will go down...and lower your chemistry even more. so much so you can have teams end the season at 0% and every single person wants off the team. it can be tough to recover.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Ayyyy thanks for the quality post my guy!! And aren't you lucky that 2K19 helps your grades. You might be the only one hear that's able to say that.

One thing i noticed about the progression slider in this game is that it seems to change the TIMING of progression. I.e. The highest it is, the sooner guys will increase their ratings. I'm not sure yet that it affects the amount of progression (i haven't really tested it at super high levels yet). I think the individual attribute ratings have more to do with that
I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like. I know that the high regression slider definitely makes the players regress sooner.
The progression and regression overall sliders should be looked at as timing/speed sliders.

I think that increasing injuries is really key to the oversaturation of talent. I did some testing last night with the injury frequency at 60 (found in the Difficulty section. Not to be confused with the injury severity slider). I liked the amount of injuries there were but things still got oversaturated. Let me know what 70 is like when you test it.

Peaks are definitely crucial to how players progress and regress. Let me know how your testing goes.
I haven't had a chance to test on the injury sliders but I was able to look at the distributions of ratings in the current roster.

This is helpful for comparing what the league should look like in tests on Barnsey's sliders and also a good guide on how to setup realistic draft classes.

The picture may be hard to view. So here is the summary:

95-99 OVR - 0.74% of the League (or 4 players) of 540 Players Recorded
90-94 OVR - 1.85%
85-89 OVR - 5.19%
80-84 OVR - 5.93%
75-79 OVR - 33.70%
70-74 OVR - 30.37%
65-69 OVR - 22.22%
Attached Images
File Type: png League OVR Distribution.PNG (44.8 KB, 405 views)

Last edited by eraserx13; 10-10-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 3

By the way, thanks for all the hard work on creating the sliders. I love the approach which has really taken player development to the next level.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:13 AM   #84
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for your contributions schnaidt1 and eraserx13!! Together we can create a realistic NBA landscape with our research and testing.

@schnaidt1, to add to what you said, it appears continuity contributes to team chemistry too. I.e. just being together (regardless or winning or losing) with no trades makes chemistry goes up.

I feel like by default team chemistry increases too easily. Philosophically speaking i think it should be rare and valuable to get a high chemistry. But most teams get over 80% easily. I tried increasing the chemistry difficulty up to 100 and i barely noticed a difference. I think it just makes it harder for teams to maintain a chemistry above 90% but i'm not certain. More testing needed.

Like you, I noticed that player morale affects team chemistry as well, but i wonder if team chemistry affects morale too? Or if it's W-L that directly affects morale.

One way or another, players lose or gain attributes mostly based on W-L. Whether that's coming from morale, team chemistry, or just directly from the raw W-L i'm yet to figure out. Probably team chemistry i guess.
Quote:
losing also impacts chemistry levels by a per game basis....on lower percentages if you lose a game it will drop a percent or 2 or if you win a game it will go up a percent or 2. at higher percentages you can lose a game or 2 in a row before you see it dip.
I don't think it's necessarily on a per-game basis. Obviously every game affects the chemistry but I think there's a "current W-L%" algorithm in there, so it appears like teams with low chemistry are getting huge hits per game, but really it's the fact that their W-L record is a lowly 15-50 or something, and with every game that passes their chemistry goes down because of their $hitty overall record. Mathematically a single win added to a bad record can positively affect the win% quite a lot, so it affects the chemistry quite positively (1 or 2 percent like you said). And adversely, a loss doesn't affect the win% much more (cos it's already bad) BUT since it's not a win the chemistry% goes down 1 percent or 2 more because it's another game without a win rather than because they lost a game. Does that make sense?

I could be wrong, but that's the sense i'm getting.

Last edited by Barncore; 10-11-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:41 AM   #85
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

I really like these progression and gameplay sliders so I made a version usin Mamba’s trade and contract sliders too, it’s on the PS4 called “MamBarnsey” under my PSN “israeli009”(007 was taken, shut up).

Anyways thanks for the great work, I use these as a base for editing shooting sliders too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #86
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for your contributions schnaidt1 and eraserx13!! Together we can create a realistic NBA landscape with our research and testing.

@schnaidt1, to add to what you said, it appears continuity contributes to team chemistry too. I.e. just being together (regardless or winning or losing) with no trades makes chemistry goes up.

I feel like by default team chemistry increases too easily. Philosophically speaking i think it should be rare and valuable to get a high chemistry. But most teams get over 80% easily. I tried increasing the chemistry difficulty up to 100 and i barely noticed a difference. I think it just makes it harder for teams to maintain a chemistry above 90% but i'm not certain. More testing needed.

Like you, I noticed that player morale affects team chemistry as well, but i wonder if team chemistry affects morale too? Or if it's W-L that directly affects morale.

One way or another, players lose or gain attributes mostly based on W-L. Whether that's coming from morale, team chemistry, or just directly from the raw W-L i'm yet to figure out. Probably team chemistry i guess.

I don't think it's necessarily on a per-game basis. Obviously every game affects the chemistry but I think there's a "current W-L%" algorithm in there, so it appears like teams with low chemistry are getting huge hits per game, but really it's the fact that their W-L record is a lowly 15-50 or something, and with every game that passes their chemistry goes down because of their $hitty overall record. Mathematically a single win added to a bad record can positively affect the win% quite a lot, so it affects the chemistry quite positively (1 or 2 percent like you said). And adversely, a loss doesn't affect the win% much more (cos it's already bad) BUT since it's not a win the chemistry% goes down 1 percent or 2 more because it's another game without a win rather than because they lost a game. Does that make sense?

I could be wrong, but that's the sense i'm getting.
I have 30 hours into testing the last 5 days.. And both my myleague sets last year and 2k17 have had 100 Difficulty and effects for chemistry ever year..

Morale i recommend a 95 diff and 85 effects.

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 10-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #87
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I have 30 hours into testing the last 5 days.. And both my myleague sets last year and 2k17 have had 100 Difficulty and effects for chemistry ever year..

Morale i recommend a 95 diff and 85 effects.

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app
Schnaidt1 where are your set? Sorry for asking on this forum but can I get your my league set post?
Old 10-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #88
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
Schnaidt1 where are your set? Sorry for asking on this forum but can I get your my league set post?
lol i havent posted it yet because its not ready....every single aspect is perfect except progression and regression...

I can get it pretty solid 5 years in with anywhere between 4-8 teams having cap space.... and maintaining around 60 players rated between 80-89

going forward 10 years i keep similar numbers...

hoooowever, my 1 hang up is lack of 90's...after 5 years i get anywhere between 10-13 90s..

10 years in im at 3....

im struggling trying to find a combo that allows more players to reach 90 ovr and yet not have the game get flooded with 80's.

that is my ONLY hiccup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »