Home

Improved Player Movement Sliders

This is a discussion on Improved Player Movement Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Improved Player Movement Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Hi Dee, there's a difference between the sliders in the first post and the ones from Barn that I downloaded, using the PSN you put, the main difference is in the shooting. Shooting sliders you post are at 45 and in the downloaded ones they are at 50. Don't know which ones am I supposed to use?

I've been playing on Superstar, default, and from the challenge and difficulty standpoint, I like it, so I don't want to make it easier, just wanted to point it out, as I am afraid that if User shooting goes from 48 to 50 the fg is going to be too high

That was the preference of the person who uploaded them on PSN. He combined my player movement sliders with his own set of sim sliders, which is totally fine. Alter them as you wish.

I was about to post in here about the major change in FG% even with sliders adjusted just by two points, its unreal the difference. I play with default HOF shooting, and in that video, I was shocked at how low I held the CPU in shooting (Which was promising, honestly, as when you play good defense you should be rewarded).

Other shooting sliders I like are 52 or 53 across the board for the CPU, and 47 or 48 for user. For those who are competitive with the game, but believe that 55 is to high for the CPU, and the gap of 10 points from CPU to user is too much, it's a great option.

We have to find a way to balance Sim, feel, and competition, which can sometimes be the toughest thing with sliders. Personally, it's a sport, it's basketball, so the competition aspect when I play the CPU is extremely important. I don't want to be running in for open layups all the time, blowing by defenders at will, and I certainly don't want to "fake sim".

If we can balance sim, feel and make it competitive, we have achieved a lot. So I am shooting for that with these sliders. Also, nothing wrong with using even all star as a base, its your user experience that matters, make it your own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically
Appreciate you for this

Longtime offline only sim baller- and this makes wonders for my game

Thank you, great to hear!

Same boat, I play offline and have never gotten into the online modes. I play NBA video games for the NBA portion. I've said before, but my player movement sliders completely changed the way I felt about the game, it honestly saved it for me. I wasn't able to save my experience with 2K8 at all.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #67
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

Great sliders! My only concern is that points in the paint still feel a bit high, but I'm starting to think that it's just how it's going to be this year. Movement feels considerably better, though.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrishbwudd
Great sliders! My only concern is that points in the paint still feel a bit high, but I'm starting to think that it's just how it's going to be this year. Movement feels considerably better, though.

Thank you!

And I totally agree about the points in the paint, and I am looking at working on a curve for that. They are high.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #69
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

So if I understand correctly you play with default cursors with your movement cursors ?.
the sliders of the shot I adjust them in my own way but the trends use the default ones?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by jakalfc; 09-26-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
So if I understand correctly you play with default cursors with your movement cursors ?.
the sliders of the shot I adjust them in my own way but the trends use the default ones?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

I just use HOF as a default, and adjust around those sliders. But, I am really competitive (and stubborn at times), so when I am playing against the CPU, I want them to be at there best, which is why I leave the HOF shooting sliders alone.

However, I absolutely experiment with shooting slider tweaks, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:22 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrishbwudd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Thank you!

And I totally agree about the points in the paint, and I am looking at working on a curve for that. They are high.
That's part of what I have been working on, getting 3 pt as well as jumpshot attempts up; I think I've almost got a handle on it.

Last couple sims I ran I got the CPU to a 50/50 or better split between PiP and jumpshot. Average PiP is about 45% of points per game, we'll see if it's possible(I believe it is)

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 09-26-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #72
MVP

Just to be sure, are you still using all the sliders in the initial post? I want to be sure I get the tuning right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »