Home

How does anyone win in this game

This is a discussion on How does anyone win in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How does anyone win in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I have tried every single slider set in this forum. It just seems that as soon as you get down by 10 points the user cannot buy a shot and the CPU hits everything. I go to the hole and miss a lay up. I miss wide open jumpers. I give up continuous offensive rebounds. Pretty soon it is a 25 point game and a blowout. It doesn't seem to matter even the team I play with. I get so darn frustrated that I just quit the game. I can't enjoy the game as it seems the CPU continuously gets ridiculous crap to go in and I for the life of me cant buy a shot. The only way i can win is to get out to an early lead and hold on for dear life. As soon as it is even 15-5 in the beginning its over. Not once have I overcome a 10 point deficit. The computer just goes in to straight stupid mode
I run into the same problem but I did win 1 game with barncore33 allstar sliders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #10
Pro

If you start in pro settings and input slider sets does that make a difference than if you start on allstar or hof level then input sliders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #11
Rookie

"Basketball games were always the worst sports games imo. Imo, they seem like the hardest to develop and program. You have a lot of guys freely moving around in a small area. Baseball and Football is more set. Soccer is more open. Hockey, while in a small area, isn't that bad since the sports involves lot of contact. While in basketball games, everybody is sort of just sliding around each other.

Everybody said 2K was better than Live, but as mostly an offline player, I enjoyed Live 09 and 10 on the 360. 2K on the Dreamcast. Live 05 on the PS2. I tried the new 2Ks, and they seem like the same games, but just better graphics. I have just come to accept they won't make a good basketball game for offline players, you should too.."
by Stannis
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...05255&start=20

I read this every time i get frustrated with this video game. Helps me move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #12
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

How does anyone win in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarco
"Basketball games were always the worst sports games imo. Imo, they seem like the hardest to develop and program. You have a lot of guys freely moving around in a small area. Baseball and Football is more set. Soccer is more open. Hockey, while in a small area, isn't that bad since the sports involves lot of contact. While in basketball games, everybody is sort of just sliding around each other.

Everybody said 2K was better than Live, but as mostly an offline player, I enjoyed Live 09 and 10 on the 360. 2K on the Dreamcast. Live 05 on the PS2. I tried the new 2Ks, and they seem like the same games, but just better graphics. I have just come to accept they won't make a good basketball game for offline players, you should too.."

by Stannis

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 11-16-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Gogi76's Arena

I made the decision to reinstal 2k17 and play the league with it. Sadly, 2k19 is BS even with Poke's tremendous work with sliders. He did amazing job but some cheats still stays. Some stars are hyped over the proportions and it's no fun to play when they get superpowers when their team is in ****hole and even when a human player has a star in a team, there's no use. You'll get silly shots, comedy misses and ton of frustrating situations, as if the game is ment to destroy your love to the game.
With well tested sliders on 2k17 i had great experience, challenging games and i didn't feel cheated when i loss the game. Could easily blame my bad choices and move on. So, it's really no brainer for me.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarco

by Stannis

if you want to breeze through victory in 2k, then you need to play on the rookie level.
2k basketball has become an unforgiving game. 2k's AI is like skynet and it evolves on a yearly basis.

again, Ive said it in other threads, 2k needs to bring back the casuual, sim, default and arcade settings.

if they dont have designated settings for certain skills they will alienate and lose potential consumers.

Im a 2k fan boy, and even I admit that the past several versions has been extremely frustrating.

I also think part of the problem is that the AI controlled teams set up their offense play prior to when the ball is inbounded, and if the defense isnt properly set to counter, the Ai will exploit it in nano seconds.

maybe users should tweak each coaches run plays tendencies.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #15
Rookie

I really don't understand how you find the game so hard. Turn playcalling on auto and play basketball, man.

If you've balanced the game properly you ARE going to get beat sometimes. Some games you'll get abused on the glass, if you don't have great rebounding. Some games the other team will make a lot of 3s if you don't close out consistently. Some games you'll concede 60+ paint points if you don't have a good defensive center.

Usually I play a fast pace, run out and get as many open 3s or transition layups as I can. In the halfcourt I let the auto playcalling flow into an action and if the play breaks, I get it to my best player and create a shot.

This year to me, the game is really fun because it's actually somewhat difficult to get to the rim with the right sliders and you can't just spam drives or PNRs to score. You gotta get creative, and that's awesome. I have BARELY raged at this game compared to some past 2Ks, I don't feel like BS happens to me all that much.

Another thing I notice that happens is if you start to get scored on a few times in a row, it's really tempting to try to answer with a super quick bucket. More often than not, you'll miss because you're rushing and then the CPU will take advantage the other way. If you give up an 8-0, 10-0 run, either call a timeout or BE PATIENT on offense. It's okay to get your shot late in the clock.

I know there are many others like me having a blast playing against the CPU in this game. Don't give up on it so easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

I also think what makes the game more difficult than it has to be is is because of the player max/min speed ratings sliders.
with the default sliders an already quick player is essentially getting an additional boost, and a slow player's speed is probably getting nerfed.

an advantage of a 40 speed boost between slow and fast players is exceptionally large for 94 feet. with this type of gap and acceleration of speed in 94 foot space acceleration would have to be instantaneous. thus creating an instance advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »