Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Eccentric and Brooke, I thank both of you for your tips to making this game playable again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea this game is a bit of a mess. The lack of blocking/charging fouls really ruins everything right off the bat. You can’t be punished for forcing your way to the basket which just makes the game too easy and impossible to reflect reality.

AI tendencies are a whole other issue that can only be improved with sliders but not fixed, as a fix would require a better roster than 2K gives us...

Strangely enough this is what I was going for. You can’t cheese your way to the rim, but you can affectively break down defenders with well timed dribble moves and attacking mismatches.

Speed is realistic IMO, as no one moves as slow IRL as centers and PFs move with the base movement settings. Centers get beat off the dribble due to not being quick side-to-side, but they don’t just get blown past in the half court by pure speed alone as their length still makes them capable of defending well enough. On a fast break you should be seeing the bigs being outran easily, but they are much more potent in the half court. Still easy to break down with a step back or pull-up shot, or by simply starting one way and then exploding off the dribble in the opposite direction.

(Watch the on-ball defender’s feet. If they shift one way, you can react quickly and launch in the opposite direction to turn the corner on them)

Defensive difficulty was the whole point of my tweaks thus far, but you can always tweak it to fit the way you want the game to play. If you decrease things like On Ball Defense, Defensive Awareness, and/or Lateral quickness to make it easier.

Any specific situations that stand out as a problem with the defense?

How so? This isn’t a full slider set, just the settings I recommend for movement, defense, and turnovers. I imagine if you’re just applying these tweaks to the base Superstar or HOF settings, the gameplay wouldn’t be ideal.

However, if you’re applying these tweaks to your own sliders or the slider set of your choosing and you don’t like it, I’d love specific call outs to the issues you’re having!
It could have been the slider set I combined with it sorry for the 1 sentence it pissed me off as I was playing lol but the cpu was so stagnant on offense holding the ball at the top of the key for like 14 seconds before running anything, taking dumb 3pt shots and they were moving really jittery a lot of times I've been working a new slider set and I'm gonna try your movement with it again because the speed at 60 is really to fast now!
Old 12-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Eccentric and Brooke, I thank both of you for your tips to making this game playable again!
I've also been using brooke to what from brooke and eccentric are you combining?
Old 12-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #84
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso
It could have been the slider set I combined with it sorry for the 1 sentence it pissed me off as I was playing lol but the cpu was so stagnant on offense holding the ball at the top of the key for like 14 seconds before running anything, taking dumb 3pt shots and they were moving really jittery a lot of times I've been working a new slider set and I'm gonna try your movement with it again because the speed at 60 is really to fast now!

Ahh, interesting. These settings won’t affect the offensive decision making so I can’t help you with that unfortunately :/

When I get my full set posted you won’t have that issue!
Old 12-21-2019, 03:33 PM   #85
Pro

Slightly off topic, but where would everyone say the best place to voice our frustrations with 2K is? Not that they'll listen, but it's gotta be better than doing nothing. I'm already not expecting much from the first next gen 2K because firsts on new consoles are almost always missing features etc. I stopped playing Madden years ago. Basketball is basically my only sports videogame fix. I really fear I'll have to start skipping as well, and I'm already an older gamer 😂.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #86
Rookie

Eddiespagghetti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
Slightly off topic, but where would everyone say the best place to voice our frustrations with 2K is? Not that they'll listen, but it's gotta be better than doing nothing. I'm already not expecting much from the first next gen 2K because firsts on new consoles are almost always missing features etc. I stopped playing Madden years ago. Basketball is basically my only sports videogame fix. I really fear I'll have to start skipping as well, and I'm already an older gamer 😂.

I guess on the 2k sports forums. And yeah, agreed. Ive been playing 2k since Iverson was rocking the cover. But sadly, it seems 2k has decided to cater to online players on the park, instead of improving solid core gameplay. I bought NBA live last year and habe no qualms about buying the next live instead of 2k if this lack of attention and care keeps up with the 2k devs
Old 12-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #87
MVP

itrey25's Arena

What’s your full controller settings ?
NFL Las Vegas Raiders

PSN: InMyBag24-8
Old 12-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Ahh, interesting. These settings won’t affect the offensive decision making so I can’t help you with that unfortunately :/

When I get my full set posted you won’t have that issue!
Running your movement set with Brookes sliders and shadys fouls and its great so far I think 3pt needs to be upped however to make for more realistic attempts but maybe it's because I'm in my league with old and new players and the old players don't shoot as many 3s!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »