Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2019, 03:27 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Still working on a few tweaks before I'm ready to post my full base slider set, but I'm getting VERY close (for real this time!).

Defense, Tendencies, Fouls, and Attributes are all nearly finalized and I just need to put the finishing touches on them. The sliders below are not my full slider set, but rather the settings related to movement/defense/turnovers that can be added to whatever slider set you're currently using to get my changes without hurting the rest of your slider set.

Movement, Defense, and Turnovers - Latest Update: February 6th

Spoiler

What I'm Working On for the Next Update
- Overhaul of AI Tendencies
- Defensive Rotations and AI ball movement
- Fouls
- Shot Success balanced with Defensive Strength

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback so that I know what needs to be improved! Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 02-07-2020 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 04:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

You're back! Finally!

I think section by section would be great.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG#5beantown
You're back! Finally!

I think section by section would be great.
Yea, knowing my pace and flip-flopping on tweaks, if I were to wait until the ENTIRE set is done before posting anything it would probably take forever lol

I think I may have already fixed the movement/animations issue in just my first 2 hours of playing and tweaking. Gonna test it a little more just to make sure I'm happy with it, but the game really looks and feels "right" already!

EDIT: My base "movement tweaks only" settings have been added to the OP. As noted these settings have not yet been fine-tuned and are just the starting point to make the game look, feel, and play more realistically when it comes to movement and animations.

Any and all constructive feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-29-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

So your playing default HOF except the few adjustments above? And game speed at 60?
Old 11-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
So your playing default HOF except the few adjustments above? And game speed at 60?

I’m just working on the movement sliders first, as they are fundamental to making the rest of a slider set play realistically.

I’m pretty much done with my movement tweaks and will be posting the updated version shortly. Once that is done, I will start tweaking everything else.

HOF default has a lot of problems, and does not reflect how I want the game to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #6
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice movement! I looked at these because I strongly believe the game should be played on 60 speed . Nice reaction ability on both sides. I thought the game played really well .
Old 11-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Nice movement! I looked at these because I strongly believe the game should be played on 60 speed . Nice reaction ability on both sides. I thought the game played really well .

Yea, I've been bouncing from 60 to 65 game speed, trying to nail down which is the absolute best. Animations just look silly at anything lower than 60 or higher than 65, so it will probably just come down to personal preference what is "best" between 60 and 65.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-30-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Just posted an update to the movement sliders that I would like some feedback on. Game speed has been increased to 65 and all movement related sliders have been tweaked.

These settings should make NBA players feel like NBA players. No more slow, zombie-like movements from world class athletes. AI defense is now much more difficult to breakdown due to the increased speed and explosiveness of all but the slowest of players. The fastest players still stand out, and those with average speed no longer move like they have concrete in their shoes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »