Home

Poke's NBA 2K20 HOF Slider Set

This is a discussion on Poke's NBA 2K20 HOF Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Poke's NBA 2K20 HOF Slider Set

Thx eccentric !!!
Indeed i felt this set a little bit slow with some weird animations.

Moreover I noticed some issues.
- way too much drives that finish with a layup + fouls and the layup scored
- too many pip
- too many offensive rebounds
- too many steals and ball who get released by the hands
- a true issue with real player % where almost all balls don't get in. FG % around 25-30%
Old 12-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #18
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
- way too much drives that finish with a layup + fouls and the layup scored
If the issue is that too many layups are scored when fouled, decrease the Contact Shot Success slider. If the issue is that too many layups are scored PERIOD, decrease the Layup Success slider.

Quote:
- too many pip
Depends on what the underlying issue is. Is the AI attacking the paint too much? Decrease the CPU "Take Close Shot" tendency. Almost every year I end up setting this between 0-25, as the CPU makes some DUMB decisions with it any higher (like pulling up for a jump shot close to the rim instead of attempting a dunk or layup). I've currently got this set to 0.

Is the AI too good at making shots in the paint that shouldn't be going in? Decrease the relevant Shot Success slider(s) based on which type of shots are going in too often.

Is the AI too good at getting to the rim for easy layups/dunks? Increase On Ball Defense for the USER, and try increasing the Defensive Assist setting under Controller Settings if you can't stay in front of the dribbler. I have this set to 75, as it really helps highlight the defender you're using (the assist given while controlling Kawhi will be much more helpful than the assist given while controlling Lou Williams, for example) and it also removes a lot of the ridiculous sliding/ice-skating when playing on-ball defense.

Quote:
- too many offensive rebounds
Too many on the "Team Comparison" stat sheet? Or too many in actual gameplay?

Don't pay any attention to the number shown under Team Comparison, as this number is completely glitched. Only look at individual Offensive Rebounds listed on the box score for each player, THAT is the real number and is usually MUCH lower than what's shown under Team Comparison.

If there's too many in actual gameplay, the solution is to simply increase Defensive Rebounds for whichever side is giving up too many Offensive Rebounds. If the CPU keeps getting Offensive Rebounds, increase the USER Defensive Rebounds setting to compensate. Vice versa if the USER gets too many Offensive Rebounds.

Quote:
- too many steals and ball who get released by the hands
I'm guessing you mean that players just kind of drop the ball when dribbling due to the ball clipping a nearby defender (when the defender has not attempted a steal)? This is due to the "Ball Security" slider. Simply increase this slider for whichever side (USER or CPU) is dropping the ball too often.

Quote:
- a true issue with real player % where almost all balls don't get in. FG % around 25-30%
Neither Poke nor I play with Real Player %, so our Shot Success sliders will never be a good option for those who do. The simple answer for this issue is to just increase the relevant Shot Success sliders until you get the FG% you're looking for. If you don't want to spend the time tweaking these yourself, the alternative would be to look at a slider set that DOES use Real Player % shooting and just copy their Shot Success sliders. Note: the sliders under the Defense section also directly affect FG%, so if you do copy another slider set's Shot Success sliders, make sure they have similar settings under the Defense section as well. If their Defense sliders are higher than Poke's, you'll likely have to decrease their Shot Success sliders a bit to compensate.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-08-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
So.....

I’m not trying to come across harsh or mean. But something needs fixed. SADLY I don’t know what. But just so you know...This is the third set of HOF sliders I tried ..... and I just do t know if the game is broke or what but I’m not hitting ANY SHOTS ... I mean I got guys like Ingram and Holiday driving to the hoop and unless it’s like NO ONE around they Never make it. I mean my % is like not even 30% and it’s just terrible play.
The THING IS.... I’ve used your sliders and others in the past and IVE NEVER EVER HAD THIS issue ... my last game I tried game 1 vs the raptors within the first 5 minutes is like 21-2...... so something is going on....
Old 12-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #20
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Re: So.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantF330
I’m not trying to come across harsh or mean. But something needs fixed. SADLY I don’t know what. But just so you know...This is the third set of HOF sliders I tried ..... and I just do t know if the game is broke or what but I’m not hitting ANY SHOTS ... I mean I got guys like Ingram and Holiday driving to the hoop and unless it’s like NO ONE around they Never make it. I mean my % is like not even 30% and it’s just terrible play.

The THING IS.... I’ve used your sliders and others in the past and IVE NEVER EVER HAD THIS issue ... my last game I tried game 1 vs the raptors within the first 5 minutes is like 21-2...... so something is going on....

All you need to do is increase the Shot Success sliders until you’re happy with the results.

Are you using User Timing for jump shots? If you’re on Real Player % then these Shot Success settings won’t work correctly.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:02 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
All you need to do is increase the Shot Success sliders until you’re happy with the results.

Are you using User Timing for jump shots? If you’re on Real Player % then these Shot Success settings won’t work correctly.
No sir.... I learned that lesson lol
I’m on timing for shots and layups
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 01:16 AM   #22
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantF330
No sir.... I learned that lesson lol
I’m on timing for shots and layups
Ok perfect. Then yea, just increase the Shot Success sliders until you're happy with the results.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
For those who aren't fans of the slower/heavier look and feel of gameplay here, try these tweaks:

Game Speed - 58 (The absolute lowest setting I've been able to see realistic animations, especially on contested shots/layups)

Acceleration - 40
Speed - 30

The movement sliders themselves look pretty much perfect IMO.

And for those who are more interested in tweaking to match their own personal preference, just reference the Speed/Accel/Movement thread in my sig to tweak these however you see fit.
Thanks for this man, appreciate all the work you put into the movement sliders. To me, it really makes the game come alive, and honestly it saves the game for me.

I found a higher player speed (about 50) with a lower acceleration (around 30-40) seemed to give some good results too. Considering all of your testing, do you have any thoughts on that?
Old 12-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Ok perfect. Then yea, just increase the Shot Success sliders until you're happy with the results.

Ok will do and thank you for the feed back and time!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »