Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

I just put the Bucks/Knicks on rematch after making a few small tweaks. Didn’t watch it since I was watching the Lakers game but Bucks won again, 119-96.

Bucks went 52/36/80, Knicks 46/28/68. Bucks shot 95 FGA, 25 3PA, 15 FTA while Knicks had 79 FGA, 29 3PA and 25 FTA. Giannis shot 19/29 for 65% this game. With a human user that would either guard Giannis or make defensive adjustments on him, his FG% should at least dip a few points. Overall aside from PiP (70/48) these numbers are pretty on par with what you would see in a real life boxscore.

I have a few ideas that I’ll try out and see if we can nerf CPU Giannis a bit without making the rest of the players suffer.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
I just put the Bucks/Knicks on rematch after making a few small tweaks. Didn’t watch it since I was watching the Lakers game but Bucks won again, 119-96.

Bucks went 52/36/80, Knicks 46/28/68. Bucks shot 95 FGA, 25 3PA, 15 FTA while Knicks had 79 FGA, 29 3PA and 25 FTA. Giannis shot 19/29 for 65% this game. With a human user that would either guard Giannis or make defensive adjustments on him, his FG% should at least dip a few points. Overall aside from PiP (70/48) these numbers are pretty on par with what you would see in a real life boxscore.

I have a few ideas that I’ll try out and see if we can nerf CPU Giannis a bit without making the rest of the players suffer.
ok sweet. thank you so much.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I tried this set for a little, and I think it has some real promise, but the distribution of interior shots is problematic; far too many many come in the areas outside the restricted area. I think the settings that increase the amount of contact (body-up sensitivity, driving contact frequency, content shots, etc.) are making it very difficult for players to actually get to the restricted area.

This has been a problem in 2K forever, so this is nothing new, but it's something you could try to reach for in revised sets.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:38 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
I tried this set for a little, and I think it has some real promise, but the distribution of interior shots is problematic; far too many many come in the areas outside the restricted area. I think the settings that increase the amount of contact (body-up sensitivity, driving contact frequency, content shots, etc.) are making it very difficult for players to actually get to the restricted area.

This has been a problem in 2K forever, so this is nothing new, but it's something you could try to reach for in revised sets.
Hey, thanks for trying it out and the feedback. Are you saying there are too many close shots/mid-range shots? The problem I seem to see is having too much PiP and shots at the rim.

I tried to stop the AI from driving to the rim like crazy and rarely ever looking to kick out to shooters, hence the heavy amount of contact without decreasing on-ball defense. I’m finding the quick and elite ballhandlers still don’t have trouble driving in but the average to poor ballhandlers do struggle.

At the rim I’m basically trying to make it where the referees have a tight whistle and will call fouls on a lot of attempts at the rim. How I’ve found the game works is if you’re in poor position defensively (ie. not directly in front of your man) and you contest, there’s a MUCH higher chance of being called for a shooting foul - which is why def awareness is so low and contests are so high. I want them to be slightly out of position and run over to rotate and contest, and hopefully foul.

Body-up sensitivity gives the players much more I don’t know the word...existence? At 0 you’ll glide through them like butter and at 100 they’re real sturdy. It isn’t ideal for ball handling and moving around the court, but the same idea applies on shooting - at 0 even if you slap them in the face it’s not a foul because they’re “not there”, whereas at 100 the idea is any bit of contact actually registers with the game.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #21
Rookie

Hope everyone's enjoying their holidays. Had some time with the game and just wanted to share some relevant stats from the last few games' boxscores with some slider tweaks I've made, which I'll update in the OP with a few more tests. I think I managed to lower PiP without sacrificing 3s or free throws. Driving in really isn't much of a problem for user or CPU, but if you show the CPU the ball with fancy moves they will poke at it quick.

Kings (97) vs Grizzlies (113)
FG: 36/91 (40%) - 40/88 (45%)
3PT: 10/32 (31%) - 13/26 (50%)
FT: 15/18 (83%) - 20/24 (83%)
FBP: 18 - 25
PiP: 42 - 48
AST: 25 - 27
OReb: 10 - 11
DReb: 41 - 42
STL: 7 - 8
BLK: 3 - 5
TO (PTs off): 10 (13) - 9 (11)
Foul: 16 - 13
Dunk: 2 - 3

Not much to say about this one except Grizz hit their 3s and pulled away early. Kings kept it respectable but I don't think they ever took the lead.

Mavericks (100) vs Sixers (98)
FG: 36/87 (41%) - 37/85 (44%)
3PT: 15/41 (37%) - 6/21 (29%)
FT: 13/14 (93%) - 18/26 (69%)
FBP: 18 - 20
PiP: 30 - 52
AST: 26 - 21
OReb: 6 - 8
DReb: 45 - 44
STL: 6 - 8
BLK: 11 - 9
TO (PTs off): 10 (10) - 7 (9)
Foul: 15 - 11
Dunk: 3 - 6

Holy hell what a slogfest. Philly started the game slow but I love that they found Embiid a lot (26/15/2 on 48%) and Ben Simmons played like Ben Simmons and not Giannis (15/7/8 on 44%).

Mavericks (120) vs Raptors (91)
FG: 45/92 (49%) - 35/85 (41%)
3PT: 15/33 (45%) - 9/21 (43%)
FT: 15/23 (65%) - 12/18 (67%)
FBP: 19 - 15
PiP: 54 - 38
AST: 27 - 24
OReb: 12 - 7
DReb: 49 - 40
STL: 6 - 7
BLK: 7 - 3
TO (PTs off): 10 (6) - 9 (8)
Foul: 14 - 20
Dunk: 4 - 1

Dallas shot lights out this game on a typical blowout. 10 point game at the half both teams shooting ~45%, then the Raptors had a horrendous 3rd quarter and the game pretty much ended there. No Luka, Siakam or Gasol.

Last edited by zniv; 12-27-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Zniv, really nice work with these. I have been testing them for cpu vs cpu.

One recommendation that you make on the OP may be getting overlooked so Id thought Id reiterate its importance; add 80 to each coaches ‘use zone’ tendency. That alone helps spacing and ball movement and helps make the flow more like what we see on tv. Your shot tendencies are holding up very well in terms of distribution. I have not been having issues with PIP.

Honestly, fouls remain my only issue and that is a 2k issue. Strangely, I don’t notice much of a difference toggling on aggressive defense. Sure I see some extra def fouls fighting thru screen but not what Id expect.

Ive been trying it with ACE disabled but too soon to draw any conclusions. I just have this image in my mind that all of our tweeks are overwritten by ACE. No evidence but its quite mysterious...

Ive only made a few changes for cpu vs cpu.

-passing down to 10
-hands down to 70
-off awr down to 70
-def awr up to 30
Old 12-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Hey Zniv, really nice work with these. I have been testing them for cpu vs cpu.

One recommendation that you make on the OP may be getting overlooked so Id thought Id reiterate its importance; add 80 to each coaches ‘use zone’ tendency. That alone helps spacing and ball movement and helps make the flow more like what we see on tv. Your shot tendencies are holding up very well in terms of distribution. I have not been having issues with PIP.

Honestly, fouls remain my only issue and that is a 2k issue. Strangely, I don’t notice much of a difference toggling on aggressive defense. Sure I see some extra def fouls fighting thru screen but not what Id expect.

Ive been trying it with ACE disabled but too soon to draw any conclusions. I just have this image in my mind that all of our tweeks are overwritten by ACE. No evidence but its quite mysterious...

Ive only made a few changes for cpu vs cpu.

-passing down to 10
-hands down to 70
-off awr down to 70
-def awr up to 30
Oh yeah the zone +80 is a total game-changer, if anyone wants to mimic modern basketball I’d recommend it no matter what slider set they use. With Defensive Aggression set to Play Physical I seem to have more consistency with shooting fouls. Ever since I tried this out every game I’ve had has at least 15 FTA per team, before it sometimes it would be 11 or so. Not too sure on how much it affects the game but I suppose it can’t hurt lol.

With fouls it is actually pretty mysterious how the game decides what is a foul and what isn’t. Illegal screens seem randomly scripted as do blocking fouls. Charging the less said the better. I like to think that shooting fouls aren’t necessarily “boosted” at 100 but its actually just a more consistent whistle, on default you can still get plenty of shooting fouls but sometimes you can get hacked and it won’t call foul. ACE has been a total mystery since inception and I haven’t tried it off yet this year, interesting to see if it really does affect slider tweaks.

I do want to increase the amount of bad passes but 1. I don’t want guys to not be able to pass out of the air at all and 2. I feel like the fumble catch animations take way too long so I try and keep them down. I had it at 10 very early on and had to gradually raise it since I didn’t like seeing guys like LeBron not being able to make a simple pass out of the air to a guy next to him. Playing passing lanes got nerfed extremely hard by 2K so Hands don’t have the same affect as it did before. I’ve actually been meaning to make similar tweaks with decreasing off awareness and increasing def awareness. Let me know how those changes play out for you!
Old 12-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #24
Rookie

hey i know you said the zone tendency is a big game changer, but have you seen any of the teams actually play zone? it might just be because of cpu vs cpu but i havent seen any team actually use zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »