Home

Speed min and max sliders?

This is a discussion on Speed min and max sliders? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed min and max sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I'm honestly not convinced that the Speed/Acceleration with Ball movement sliders even work at all this year. I can set them all to 0, all to 100, all max to 0 and all min to 100, or all max to 100 and all min to 0, and I don't see or feel a difference in acceleration or sprint speed.

Now the "without ball" sliders definitely work and have very drastic and obvious effects. But the "with ball" sliders seem to do absolutely nothing.

Am I crazy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcform
@EccentricMeat you just prompted me to do a 180 degree turn with testing all of this lol.

Ok, so it turns out the only way to see any true separation and yes on fastbreaks, are in the Attributes slider section. I set it all back to default settings for Movement Sliders and used this:

Attributes:
Acceleration: 100
Speed:0

Now the defense took a huge hit and the "with ball" players are now faster than "without ball".

This is prompting me to tweak movement sliders differently (mainly without ball) and hopefully get a good balance along with separation.

I'd be honest and say I am still a fan of default speeds and not too upset with them. But willing to make changes and present them.
Ok I am so wrong again. Well, partially correct. Yes Speed Attribute at 0 did slow defense down to a crawl. However, all it did was reverse Speed without Ball (Max) and Speed without Ball (Min). In other words, minimum is now more effective and faster than max when placing speed attribute slider at 0. But the one thing that did remain was some kind of separation, although 2ks new stamina system is still causing offensive slow downs on fastbreaks. This is crazy.

In real life, defenders/offball players get tired and slow down between possessions just as ballhandlers do, but in 2k they dont and you can move at top acceleration/speed for as long as you want which is unrealistic. Only the ballhandler gets tired between possessions. With these sliders below I am finally seeing possession to possession or temporary fatigue take a toll on defenders a little bit more, which I dont see on default at all:

Attributes
Speed: 0

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 100
Speed with Ball (Min rating): 100
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 70
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 40
Speed without Ball (Max rating): 40 (35 better but allows more blowbys)
Speed without Ball (Min rating): 60
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 75
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 35

*These are not a fix all, just doing observations by testing different things. It can use touch ups, but this holds defenders and offball players accountable for stamina and turbo/sprint usage.

Last edited by arcform; 09-13-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:26 PM   #10
All Star

Quote:
You are certainly not crazy. The more eyes on this subject the better so we can come up with the best solution. Any help is appreciated. Without ball definitely has more effect. Especially Speed without ball max, which I believe has the greatest effect on overall speed. I noticed that when i cranked this slider to 100 while keeping On ball speeds at default 70 max and 40 min, that even my with ball players sped up. But I lowered the bottom 3 without ball sliders significantly. It is not a huge difference but it is noticeable in the half court setting. So yes you are spot on about without ball being more effective. I am still running a lot of tests at the moment and discovering things as I go along. Note: Current-Gen

I am currently testing right now:

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 70
Speed with Ball (Min rating): 40
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 100
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 100
Speed without Ball (Max rating): 100
Speed without Ball (Min rating): 10
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 0
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 0

Earlier today I tested:

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 70
Speed with Ball (Min rating): 40
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 100
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 100
Speed without Ball (Max rating): 100
Speed without Ball (Min rating): 30
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 35
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 5

Edit: In fact I will run a test with, with ball all at 0 and without ball all at 100, then reverse and compare.
With those 2 test what do you think you might have liked better? Like what difference did you notice between the 2 test? I might try both for those for a few games with out changing other sliders to see what I notice.

Quote:
@EccentricMeat you just prompted me to do a 180 degree turn with testing all of this lol.

Ok, so it turns out the only way to see any true separation and yes on fastbreaks, are in the Attributes slider section. I set it all back to default settings for Movement Sliders and used this:

Attributes:
Speed:0

Now the defense took a huge hit and the "with ball" players are now faster than "without ball".

This is prompting me to tweak movement sliders differently (mainly without ball) and hopefully get a good balance along with separation.

I'd be honest and say I am still a fan of default speeds and not too upset with them. But willing to make changes and present them.
You tried Acceleration at 100 and speed at 0 and you are going to try the other way at 100 speed and 0 acceleration?
Old 09-14-2021, 04:30 AM   #11
All Star

Quote:
Ok I am so wrong again. Well, partially correct. Yes Speed Attribute at 0 did slow defense down to a crawl. However, all it did was reverse Speed without Ball (Max) and Speed without Ball (Min). In other words, minimum is now more effective and faster than max when placing speed attribute slider at 0. But the one thing that did remain was some kind of separation, although 2ks new stamina system is still causing offensive slow downs on fastbreaks. This is crazy.

In real life, defenders/offball players get tired and slow down between possessions just as ballhandlers do, but in 2k they dont and you can move at top acceleration/speed for as long as you want which is unrealistic. Only the ballhandler gets tired between possessions. With these sliders below I am finally seeing possession to possession or temporary fatigue take a toll on defenders a little bit more, which I dont see on default at all:

Attributes

MOVEMENT

*These are not a fix all, just doing observations by testing different things. It can use touch ups, but this holds defenders and offball players accountable for stamina and turbo/sprint usage.
Ok just played a game with these settings and only 1 game so of course need more testing but it fells pretty good not just the stats but like the eye test. I also have lateral quickness at 40 and body sensitivity at 40. I may try upping both of those to 42 or up the sliders that impact like release and such on layups has I think at 40 and 40 on lateral quickness and body sensitivity plus with these that it may be a little bit to easy for both me and the cpu and that there may be a little less contract on the cpu side more so to try to force the cpu to lose the ball. But that 1 game I like what I was seeing. I think I am starting to get good sliders over all only thing is I am like 2-7 and that is with the lakers on all star and blocks are still OP. Just had a game where I had like 6 blocks with Mark Gasol. Also trying to get CPU to turn the ball over. In like 9 games I would say CPU has had less than 10 turnovers like 6-7 times and most I have seen was like 14 and on average I would say they only get about 7 a game.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 09-14-2021 at 04:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 12:03 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
With those 2 test what do you think you might have liked better? Like what difference did you notice between the 2 test? I might try both for those for a few games with out changing other sliders to see what I notice.

You tried Acceleration at 100 and speed at 0 and you are going to try the other way at 100 speed and 0 acceleration?

I liked Acceleration 100 & Speed 0 test better than the other way around. The difference maker for me was that I visually saw defenders or any player without the ball get taxed stamina wise. Fatigue finally start to set in between possessions which is more realistic. They are not supposed to be able move at high speeds forever without getting tired. So now both ballhandlers and players without ball are held accountable. We should not have to do this but hey...Not perfect yet but its a start.

Last edited by arcform; 09-14-2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Ok just played a game with these settings and only 1 game so of course need more testing but it fells pretty good not just the stats but like the eye test. I also have lateral quickness at 40 and body sensitivity at 40. I may try upping both of those to 42 or up the sliders that impact like release and such on layups has I think at 40 and 40 on lateral quickness and body sensitivity plus with these that it may be a little bit to easy for both me and the cpu and that there may be a little less contract on the cpu side more so to try to force the cpu to lose the ball. But that 1 game I like what I was seeing. I think I am starting to get good sliders over all only thing is I am like 2-7 and that is with the lakers on all star and blocks are still OP. Just had a game where I had like 6 blocks with Mark Gasol. Also trying to get CPU to turn the ball over. In like 9 games I would say CPU has had less than 10 turnovers like 6-7 times and most I have seen was like 14 and on average I would say they only get about 7 a game.
Yesterday, I used that test on HOF difficulty. Left every slider alone accept for the speed, acceleration, and movement slider edits. I will be testing more when I get the opportunity.

I may have to try allstar again. Were you still using the edits I posted or something else? I will also try the edits you are using along side mine. Yeah around 7 to 8 turnovers for cpu seems to be the avg i am seeing for this game as a whole, depending on steals as well. For blocks, are you going to lower or leave them alone and just up the shooting fouls?

Overall, was the defense still good despite the changes?

Update: I just fired up a game, and the defense is still good to me. See, all I am asking 2k to do is make defenders/offball players lose stamina and get tired in between multiple possessions just as the ballhandler does. Its realistic and is that too much to ask for? They can keep defense at a high level as I love it this year, and defender speeds are fine. No changes needed. Just fix possesion to possession stamina/fatigue for players "without" the ball, so that they get tired and not move at top speeds forever.

2nd Update: Sadly I will have to continue later...very busy. Hopefully, I will get time to complete a game. I'd like to know more of your findings..keep me posted.

In the meantime I am still rockin with this:

Attributes

MOVEMENT

Last edited by arcform; 09-14-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #14
All Star

Quote:
Yesterday, I used that test on HOF difficulty. Left every slider alone accept for the speed, acceleration, and movement slider edits. I will be testing more when I get the opportunity.

I may have to try allstar again. Were you still using the edits I posted or something else? I will also try the edits you are using along side mine. Yeah around 7 to 8 turnovers for cpu seems to be the avg i am seeing for this game as a whole, depending on steals as well. For blocks, are you going to lower or leave them alone and just up the shooting fouls?

Overall, was the defense still good despite the changes?

Update: I just fired up a game, and the defense is still good to me. See, all I am asking 2k to do is make defenders/offball players lose stamina and get tired in between multiple possessions just as the ballhandler does. Its realistic and is that too much to ask for? They can keep defense at a high level as I love it this year, and defender speeds are fine. No changes needed. Just fix possesion to possession stamina/fatigue for players "without" the ball, so that they get tired and not move at top speeds forever.

2nd Update: Sadly I will have to continue later...very busy. Hopefully, I will get time to complete a game. I'd like to know more of your findings..keep me posted.

In the meantime I am still rockin with this:

Attributes

MOVEMENT

Yeah I am still using what you are using and some other stuff to. May post my complete settings in a day or so. Blocks are going to have to go down more for sure. I already have all fouls maxed out and still not seeing enough and have cpu blocks at like 47 and user at 42 and was still seeing to many blocks. I don't have the skill to play on HOF even all star I find to be really hard.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I am still using what you are using and some other stuff to. May post my complete settings in a day or so. Blocks are going to have to go down more for sure. I already have all fouls maxed out and still not seeing enough and have cpu blocks at like 47 and user at 42 and was still seeing to many blocks. I don't have the skill to play on HOF even all star I find to be really hard.
Cool stuff. Yeah for me HOF CPU's shooting can be relentless. I will be switching difficulties to see which is most comfortable for me as well. The one thing about HOF is that I normally see a few more fouls.

I just played a 12 min quarter of Kings @ Spurs. Im the Spurs.

Play Now User vs Cpu
Hall of Fame.
I set slider to 50 except for:

Contact Shot Succes: 56 for cpu only (by accident; meant to put at 50 but oh well)

ATTRIBUTES

FOULS

Over the Back Foul Frequency: 50
Charging Foul Frequency: 50
Blocking Foul Frequency: 50
Reaching Foul Frequency: 70
Shooting Foul Frequency: 60
Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 60
Illegal Screen Frequency: 50

MOVEMENT

Speed without Ball (Max rating): 35
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 0
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 0

1st quarter stats in picture attachment.

20210914_150232.jpg

I made a huge typo with both Acceleration without Ball max and min. I was using both at 0 the entire time but told you and posted 75 max and 35 min by accident. This really messes up the test now. Sorry about that huge blunder. Where do I go from here now? Lol. I may have to backtrack edit those previous posts.

Last edited by arcform; 09-14-2021 at 04:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
You are right about those blocks. They are relentless. By the way, I decided to try AllStar. And whatever numbers you are using and whatever I told you before, are the numbers I am trying right now.

Last edited by arcform; 09-14-2021 at 05:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »