Home

NBA 2K23 Art Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Art Feedback Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2022, 04:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Art Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Kobe has a giant head, which is very unfortunate because he’s such an icon. Idk why so many dudes got bobble heads again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
modding on PC, from what i saw, 2K changed again 3D model, body, position of the head etc...
Each time they did that, many players had bubble heads.
about the body, they mostly went back to 2K20 form (my 2K20 shorts and jerseys models work almost without 3D edit).
I didnt mod/play a lot 2K21 or 2K22 but the body model was better IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 04:53 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yallasama
What’s wrong with Rockets & Suns courts?
They're not updated to match the jerseys (i.e. 2001 Yao Rockets are using the 1980s-1995 Rockets floor).

This wouldn't be an issue if a) era appropriate logos were in the custom team builder or b) teams were allowed to wear throwbacks that match their outdated courts. The team rebrand maker is literally copypasted from 2k18 with no new assets.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:11 PM   #27
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Kobe has a giant head, which is very unfortunate because he’s such an icon. Idk why so many dudes got bobble heads again.
Agreed, and I think most players, if not all, have big heads. I don't understand how the art team don't see it, or maybe they were told to ignore it. That's like something I would expect from 2K7, not 2K23.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-09-2022, 06:23 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
This might not be fixed (it wasn't for Jalen last year) or you might have to alter the "hairstyle" (Style 1, 2 or 3) to get them to pop back up (worked with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar last year.

Can anyone let me know if Russell Westbrook, Rudy Gay, Patty Mills or any other veterans were updated?

I see they finally got Drew Eubanks in for a scan. Only took him being in the league for 4 years for it to happen!

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Russell Westbrook is continuing the 2k tradition of looking really bad, Rudy gay still has the 5ft torso and 2ft legs and Patty Mills has at least been finally given a headband but the face looks weird and the hairstyle is wrong.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappointed2ker
They're not updated to match the jerseys (i.e. 2001 Yao Rockets are using the 1980s-1995 Rockets floor).

This wouldn't be an issue if a) era appropriate logos were in the custom team builder or b) teams were allowed to wear throwbacks that match their outdated courts. The team rebrand maker is literally copypasted from 2k18 with no new assets.
Good lord, wtf…they literally didn’t put in the effort to get one freaking court change in between 1980 and 2004?! **** 2k if that’s true. And the Suns don’t have their 93 court in then?! Wtf
Old 09-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #30
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappointed2ker
1. Please allow the use of throwback jerseys in myera mode. throwbacks were absolutely a thing in the 90s, and each team should be able to don all their previous jerseys up to that point.

2. PLEASE give us the the missing retro courts, if not AT LEAST give us logo assets for them. it's a slap in the face to those of us who purchased a new console for this mode to not have this stuff from the jump. furthermore, the assets should be available in the team rebrander so we can have permanent access to them beyond the 15 or so months 2k decides to shut down the servers for this game.

Rockets and Suns 90s court in particular!
Yes to all of this. 2K doesn't have to do all the work themselves necessarily, but please give us as many options to work off of with stuff that's (mostly) already in the game, at least with the jerseys. With the courts, it's weird that a few are missing, and seemingly some of the main ones people would remember. Hopefully they'll be patched in.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:23 PM   #31
Rookie

The new Utah Jazz court is off. The wood should be diagonal and much lighter in color, picture below. Also, the padding on the stanchion is blue instead of black. The Jazz team colors are blue yellow and white instead of black and yellow, and the coaches have the old logos on their shirts.

utah-jazz-new-black-core-court-2022-2023-sportslogosnet.jpg

Last edited by rickgti; 09-09-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 11:28 PM   #32
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Horace Grant is a generic CAP on the 95 Magic classic team. In place with accurate goggles/no goggles everywhere else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »