Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #105
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Just another reminder-

Until the roster update, ticking up help defense in your Coach Sliders is a must, especially if you’re struggling with on ball defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #106
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

First PNO game.

My record is obviously 0-0.

I choose current raptors and get matched up with a guy using the 12-13 grizzlies and guess what, he turns off all subs and them burns all time outs consecutively in the 3rd quarter.

This my friends is whats “wrong” with this game……

How do I even get this matchup ? I’m in freshman, he’s in what college league ? Lol. And just the mentality of turning off subs and burning all time outs in the 3rd to “re-energize” your players and that it’s actually somewhat effective and just mind blowing……..this doesn’t happen in other sports games. This game is trash, has been from time now and is literally bottom of the ladder when it comes to online head to head.

Sad but true, sucks to hear the truth, but the truth hurts.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #107
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Agreed. I asked myself multiple times playing this game what's the purpose of the Gatorade icon because I never notice a difference in play, not even for myself.

So far with how easy it is to score in the paint with anybody. Just wait until you meet Kareem and Wilt. It was pretty bad last year. With them removing the body ups and no real way to stop the spin, it's gonna be punishment season in the paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
First PNO game.

My record is obviously 0-0.

I choose current raptors and get matched up with a guy using the 12-13 grizzlies and guess what, he turns off all subs and them burns all time outs consecutively in the 3rd quarter.

This my friends is whats “wrong” with this game……

How do I even get this matchup ? I’m in freshman, he’s in what college league ? Lol. And just the mentality of turning off subs and burning all time outs in the 3rd to “re-energize” your players and that it’s actually somewhat effective and just mind blowing……..this doesn’t happen in other sports games. This game is trash, has been from time now and is literally bottom of the ladder when it comes to online head to head.

Sad but true, sucks to hear the truth, but the truth hurts.
Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #108
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just another reminder-

Until the roster update, ticking up help defense in your Coach Sliders is a must, especially if you’re struggling with on ball defense.
Did I miss a memo? Currently playing PNO to get the promo.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Errr...we watching the same game? he LITERALLY put Giannis is PNR every possession after the 1st one until Jrue steals the pass. He's obviously out of sync and adjusting to the new game (has happened to us all) he did exactly what you think she should have. His issue is Jrue is elite/recovers quickly and he isn't content to take the quick 3 off the screen or the midrange J thats open.

Umm...do you see stamina drain stopping spam? Where? Please point that out to me so I can see it.
PnR is an on-ball action. Not an off-ball action. Why on earth would anyone think running a PnR against the biggest demigod in the game (and against the best guard defender in the game) is a good idea? The one time he actually used Claxton to set an OFF-BALL screen, the Bucks user was clueless and left KD wide open because he wanted to sit on the lane line with Giannis.

Also every time you reach/go for a block, you use an adrenaline boost. If you run out of your 3 adrenalines, you move like a turtle. It's not that hard of a concept, and it's worked very well from what I've seen. You'll get tired and out of position far more than in previous 2K's. This guy stayed pretty disciplined with Giannis except for maybe 1 or 2 possessions so he always had adrenaline boosts to use and was always making the play because he was timing it well.

This video isn't really the example you think it is. It's just the Nets user playing bad basketball and getting his *** kicked lol

Edit: I will say I've seen your other posts and I agree that the Giannis driving/pump fake spam (even by the Nets user with Claxton) is still a major issue. The paint mash pump fake stuff is so annoying. I've seen some signs that RS Up defense in the lane is improved this year at generating contests and misses which is good. But we still need to find a way to punish pump fake spammers whether it's with travels, Off. 3 seconds, etc. That stuff is far more annoying to me IMO than anything else we've discussed.

Last edited by btitan54; 09-11-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:58 AM   #110
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls

So far with how easy it is to score in the paint with anybody. Just wait until you meet Kareem and Wilt.

might have to double team them, like teams often had to do in real life.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:59 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just another reminder-

It definitely helps the cpu AI

i also turned on help for offball basket cuts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #112
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

That double team does nothing with them. Honestly, you could barely get a body up tie up with them last year. With them reducing body ups, good luck.

I'm in tier 3. I stay in tier 3. Dudes have like 50 badges. They didn't have badges in real life, just raw skills. Take the badges away and apply skill then you got something. Can't compare real life to a video game. No way should classic teams be in tier 3. That's just MO as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
might have to double team them, like teams often had to do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »