Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2022, 06:37 AM   #233
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Space is your best friend. Even if the user your playing against can shoot. You still gotta allow space. Space combined with an angle. So you play a side and force them to go to the other side.

Use RT to beat them to the spot and force them to either pass or back up and reset.

If they're running pick n roll. I 100% of the time always go over under. So I'll play the side the guy is setting the pick and go under. If they're having success passing to the roller a bit too much I'll go to the coach assignments in the pause menu and switch the screen help rules to NO HELP. That'll stop the passing to the roller better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilltrill928
This mode could be really good but 98 percent of the time every game I play I can’t stop the drive no matter what defense I use. How are you guys stopping the drive to the rim? And the quick plays are broken.
Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-22-2022, 07:48 AM   #234
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This is not to add to the on/ off ball debate (play how you want) but I feel defense works so much better playing on ball.

The defensive settings that do work, Work really well on the backline and the scramble

If we can get the gap/leave settings working properly we will be set. Just tone down this under the basket stuff and we are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This is not to add to the on/ off ball debate (play how you want) but I feel defense works so much better playing on ball.

The defensive settings that do work, Work really well on the backline and the scramble

If we can get the gap/leave settings working properly we will be set. Just tone down this under the basket stuff and we are good to go.

I’ve had success using the LB/L1 button to bring help manually instead of relying on the cpu. It helps most of the time to limit the paint abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #236
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I wish PNO players had the ability to save their settings like the MyTeam players. Personally, I really hate using preset settings for every match, but it is kinda nice not having to sit for 2 minutes while my opponents change the settings according to some content creator.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:31 PM   #237
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Are you turning your back on the Bigman Community? You were supposed to be The Chosen One. It was said that you were supposed to destroy the cheese, not join them. Bring balance to SimNation, not leave it in darkness.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:35 PM   #238
Rookie

Is there a way to report all these bot accounts? The last five games I have played have been against bots, it's getting ridiculous.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:38 PM   #239
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Could be me, but I really don't feel like 2k23 was meant to be a PNO type of game. I started off 16-0 & now about 40 games in, but I'm just not feeling satisfied like 2k22 left me.

It comes down to 2 things that I'm not sure are ever gonna get fixed.

1. Interior defense & defensive rebounding against superstar Bigs. I don't even see JV scrubs get bullied this laughably easily against Varsity starting post players at the school I coach at. I'm at the point where I instantly dashboard my game when I see the 71 Bucks or the current Wolves or 98 Lakers.

2. The input delay is the worst I've experienced ever. This is the part where I said that this game didn't feel like it was meant for pno really comes in to play. I appreciate the slowed tempo of the gameplay to resemble real life, but trying to dribble & shoot feels super awkward for me online & I'm not comfortable with what feels like a half second delay. I know a user said something like this in one of these posts recently, just can't find it.

I respect the decision to show the bigs more love & slow down on the 90% from 3s, but there's a massive imbalance at the moment.

All things said, this game is still really fun offline, given the correct sliders adjustments. Just feel like this game was really geared toward MyPlayers.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:07 AM   #240
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Could be me, but I really don't feel like 2k23 was meant to be a PNO type of game. I started off 16-0 & now about 40 games in, but I'm just not feeling satisfied like 2k22 left me.

It comes down to 2 things that I'm not sure are ever gonna get fixed.

1. Interior defense & defensive rebounding against superstar Bigs. I don't even see JV scrubs get bullied this laughably easily against Varsity starting post players at the school I coach at. I'm at the point where I instantly dashboard my game when I see the 71 Bucks or the current Wolves or 98 Lakers.

2. The input delay is the worst I've experienced ever. This is the part where I said that this game didn't feel like it was meant for pno really comes in to play. I appreciate the slowed tempo of the gameplay to resemble real life, but trying to dribble & shoot feels super awkward for me online & I'm not comfortable with what feels like a half second delay. I know a user said something like this in one of these posts recently, just can't find it.

I respect the decision to show the bigs more love & slow down on the 90% from 3s, but there's a massive imbalance at the moment.

All things said, this game is still really fun offline, given the correct sliders adjustments. Just feel like this game was really geared toward MyPlayers.
Stay away from the classic teams altogether. Wilt, Kareem, Garnett, Duncan.

It's like going up against the boss at the end of a fighter game on the highest difficulty. You don't stand a chance. The AI is already programmed to give you that thrashing. Them dudes are so OP it's not even funny.

As GREAT as they were in real life, it's no way you can translate that to a video game because the reality of it is, although they were GREAT, they weren't GREAT like that every single possession of the game nor every single game of the season.

These dudes are flying in from outside the 3pt line into the paint for rebounds, boxing out just literally shoving the defender away for rebounds, every shot is a block If they get off the ground. The speed is ridiculous. Back you down all the way under the basket with no resistance. It's laughable

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »