Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 09-09-2022, 10:47 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Hope yall having a fun 2K day playing beta run of 2K23 until they adjust the sliders and animations to polish the game in November like every year lol.

2K22 was fun while it lasted. Mostly played with current raptors and championship raptors from time to time.

Had a good start for 2K23 so far! Have only been playing with current Raps…don’t know when I’ll advance yet. 20-0 start good for 2nd on the leaderboards though I wish they implemented an ELO rating or an unranked / ranked mode, that'd make it so much more interesting.

Don’t know how rank 1 is NBA league and 50-0 lol ?

https://imgur.com/a/bHh2lz8

Last edited by keinosaur; 09-09-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 11:02 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Here's the predictable gameplay we see as a result. Who's surprised?

Telling you right now i'm not a fan. Obviously I believe you balance the game based on elite players but I don't know that it applies here like it does with the modes for Created Players. The video below means current gen isn't even an option for me....so based on feedback I need to decide if I want a new console or not. Like this guy or not he's actually a skilled player. He literally gets his gameplan crushed because Giannis can spam block 24/7 (with zero downside) and is the ultimate help defender which is only amplified by the zone.

Are guys spamming passing lanes steals on the PS5?

Not sure i'm up for another year where everyone sits in zones and NBA players are missing wide open shots. That's not fun for me--AT ALL.
I... don't really see anything wrong with this?

Nic Claxton is standing out on the 3-point line. Of course Giannis is going to just stand near the lane line and be able to block everything. Claxton isn't a threat at all. The Nets user is doing nothing to punish that. Put Giannis in an off-ball action. Make him actually guard something instead of letting him just stand there. The one time the user did, he got KD a wide open 3 which he promptly bricked. He's also constantly trying to run a PnR right at Jrue/Giannis who are 2 of the top 3 defenders in the game if I recall correctly, and the roll man is Claxton who isn't a threat. That's going to get shut down rather easily almost every time unless you really cook with Kyrie.

And as far as I'm aware, every block/steal attempt is supposed to drain an adrenaline boost in order to stop people from spamming it. This guy was standing there with his hands up and timing his steal/block attempts pretty well from what I could tell. This just looks like a case of the Nets user getting outplayed to me.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:40 PM   #67
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

I despise offball players. Can't stand them. No skill whatsoever ball watching letting the cpu play D for them.

What I liked about 2K21 next gen was if you played offball and didn't make any defensive adjustments, the cpu defender would sag off every offensive player that had the ball. Pretty much easy greens all game.

I'm not sure why they went away from that.
Quote:
Here's the predictable gameplay we see as a result. Who's surprised?

Telling you right now i'm not a fan. Obviously I believe you balance the game based on the elite player but I don't know that it applies here like it does with the modes for Created Players. The video below means current gen isn't even an option for me....so based on feedback I need to decide if I want a new console or not. Like this guy or not he's actually a skilled player. He literally gets his gameplan crushed because Giannis can spam block 24/7 (with zero downside) and is the ultimate help defender which is only amplified by the zone.

Are guys spamming passing lanes steals on the PS5?

Not sure i'm up for another year where everyone sits in zones and NBA players are missing wide open shots. That's not fun for me--AT ALL.
Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-09-2022, 11:56 PM   #68
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by btitan54
I... don't really see anything wrong with this?

Nic Claxton is standing out on the 3-point line. Of course Giannis is going to just stand near the lane line and be able to block everything. Claxton isn't a threat at all. The Nets user is doing nothing to punish that. Put Giannis in an off-ball action. Make him actually guard something instead of letting him just stand there. The one time the user did, he got KD a wide open 3 which he promptly bricked. He's also constantly trying to run a PnR right at Jrue/Giannis who are 2 of the top 3 defenders in the game if I recall correctly, and the roll man is Claxton who isn't a threat. That's going to get shut down rather easily almost every time unless you really cook with Kyrie.

And as far as I'm aware, every block/steal attempt is supposed to drain an adrenaline boost in order to stop people from spamming it. This guy was standing there with his hands up and timing his steal/block attempts pretty well from what I could tell. This just looks like a case of the Nets user getting outplayed to me.
He doesn't play a perfect game in regards to personnel but he moves the ball well vs the zone and then misses open 3 after open 3 with good shooters. I'm a fan of the game when it resembles NBA basketball. This isn't that. The thought of green only shots going down makes my stomach turn--and I can shoot and play with a team where the low starter has an 80 3pt rating.

I get that this is fun for some people but i'm just not one of them.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-09-2022 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:11 AM   #69
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I despise offball players. Can't stand them. No skill whatsoever ball watching letting the cpu play D for them.

What I liked about 2K21 next gen was if you played offball and didn't make any defensive adjustments, the cpu defender would sag off every offensive player that had the ball. Pretty much easy greens all game.

I'm not sure why they went away from that.

Bigger problem is the zones and how there's no downside for bad block timing. Lots of players have an issue with off-ball players. My advice? be good at on-ball and off-ball. Never seen an elite player that wouldn't test you with plays that require you to chase shooters...the Bucks user ran that flare with Jrue as his base play. If you think your CPU defender won't die on that screen and leave him open all day you're delusional. Can't expect the CPU to play defense for you

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-10-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:22 AM   #70
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Understand the philosophy, because that was my same thought when I heard about shooting, and saw some videos, but it was only a day before I turned my meter off and started knocking shots down. You’ll probably just have to get your hands on it to really understand.

The issues are inside the arc, lol
Old 09-10-2022, 01:45 AM   #71
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
He doesn't play a perfect game in regards to personnel but he moves the ball well vs the zone and then misses open 3 after open 3 with good shooters. I'm a fan of the game when it resembles NBA basketball. This isn't that. The thought of green only shots going down makes my stomach turn--and I can shoot and play with a team where the low starter has an 80 3pt rating.

If you scroll up a bit you can see my record for 2K22. That’s all onball. I don’t play offball and ball watch the cpu play defense for me. I’ll take my delusion anyday of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 01:59 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:

Are you feeling me, that , the fact that there isn't a normal setting for shot releases, Green or no isn't sim & mike based the game on the shot meter, which i only use with the stick, Setting favorite plays & then the quick plays only show up & on the sub menu in game & time outs, ppl are missing & on xbox when you try to sub out the center & move your cursor over to sub him out the a button sometimes disappear. Tell me Kush how do you play on ball & what is your def assist setting at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »