Home

Why are simmed games so high scoring?

This is a discussion on Why are simmed games so high scoring? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why are simmed games so high scoring?

Too many players have 99 drive tendency ratings so I lower those to 88-92 for most (unless it’s the rare player who actually should have a 99 drive rating).

I do this for gameplay though (less constant drives and more mid range), not sim stats. I actually like the crazy sim stats since I run a custom all time superleague roster and put up video game stats with MJ (which for him, his real stats are video game stats anyway). So I like it when other players go nuts, making me have competition for the MVP race and scoring title etc.

Does lowering drive tendencies lower the potential for sim scoring?
Old 09-16-2022, 08:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Like the title says. I use 12 minute quarters for both played and simmed games, and simmed games are routinely in the 130+ range for points for the winning team. Is there a fix for this, besides shortening the simmed quarter length? I imagine pace of play is contributing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tendencies are the reason. Star players have too high shot tendencies while role/bench players have too low shot tendencies.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:57 AM   #11
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
This can be fixed. My beta slider set focuses on this a great deal:

https://youtu.be/e-71pqf6He0

These have been playing amazing, thanks Mike!
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
This can be fixed. My beta slider set focuses on this a great deal:

https://youtu.be/e-71pqf6He0

I like these, Mike. My only gripe is low shooting percentages--I had to bump up the shooting sliders a bit for both USER and CPU. No one could hit the broad side of a barn. Other than that--great work!
Old 09-16-2022, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

Quote:
I like these, Mike. My only gripe is low shooting percentages--I had to bump up the shooting sliders a bit for both USER and CPU. No one could hit the broad side of a barn. Other than that--great work!

What % were you seeing? I played a game and the Lakers shot 47% and I (Bucks) shot 49%
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 09-16-2022, 01:58 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
What % were you seeing? I played a game and the Lakers shot 47% and I (Bucks) shot 49%

PHI vs BOS (me)

33% vs 35%

16% vs 22% from deep.

Final score (12 min quarters) was 75-67 Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
I find 2K tendencies favor drive, inside, and close scoring too much. I adjust tendencies globally to reduce inside, close and drive categories and increase midrange, 3PT, and dish to open man tendencies to even things out a bit.

But this is somewhat a personal preference.

Then I find you need to adjust the Sim engine to reduce pace, assist, and fouls to keep stats more in line with real life stats.

It's a bit of trial and error to find a mix that fits your likes and gives realistic stats.

Ye I mean I haven’t touched sliders since it seems the game sims better than normal on reg. Pip is high, the two things I aim to stop most are ai dribbling out shot clock and launching red three and ai driving and stopping in paint. I usually lower ball security. I mean I get lulsy steals on hof w my center, but they have ball security at 100 for that. Yikes. The only things that need editing are fouls and speed curve. Adjusting the speed curve is strange for 2k, to 30 60. I want people free moving and I want plays. Stagnation is not an option. I haven’t seen a lot of wetness from 3 but my team is a d powerhouse w defend perimeter focus. We have had some amazing blow outs. Those low 3% prol come from stifled 3 jacks.

And yes, it is preference, we all have things we’ll deal with and things that are not cool. I personally believe these old heads like ai would actually be putting up 40. Gilbert Arenas was a wep (no pun) too, so 45 no big deal.

But yea there are things I’d fix for sure. At reg all star imo it generates better stats than 2k has before except still low tos.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 09:58 AM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
In played or simmed games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »