Home

My Player NEEDS to be revamped for NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on My Player NEEDS to be revamped for NBA 2K24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2023, 02:43 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: My Player NEEDS to be revamped for NBA 2K24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I'd just like for my CPU teammates to be capable of making open shots on Hall of Fame difficulty.

I went to play center for the Warriors thinking Klay and Curry would be giving me easy assists, but the Trash Bros only make like 10% to 15% of their wide open shot attempts.

The computer's "double team on catch" philosophy for defending star players also needs to be disabled for MyCareer, because having to always pass out to your broke AF AIs who brick the majority of their wide open shots every single time you touch the ball in the half court is an abominably bad gameplay experience.

The only way to get assists in MyCareer shouldn't be from throwing alley oops, but that's where 2K23's gameplay is at right now.

Online Co-Op MyCareer should have been a thing like 5 or 6 2Ks ago to save us from how inept your AI teammates have become.

The 2K17 "Orange Juice" feature with the Michael B. Jordan storyline was peak MyCareer IMO. It had solid gameplay built around a purely basketball narrative with none of this off-the-court, forced side-quest nonsense.
Yeah, that's my biggest gripe. I could easily put up with my other issues with the mode if teammates played true to self. I usually always play as a PF or Center and. I usually try to play as a hustle guy who can hit a spot up three. But for me to really enjoy playstyle, I need teammates to score like they do in real life. I know it's "MyCareer", but I don't like feeling like I have to take over just to win games.

My thing is either add sliders to the mode(have it modify XP) or have the difficulty only effect your player. Other sports career modes have sliders, so I don't see why MyCareer can't. Or if you play on All Star or HOF, it shouldn't affect how the CPU plays. I usually end up playing ML Player Lock because of how the teammates play on MyCareer
Old 05-13-2023, 07:33 PM   #10
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
I'd just like for my CPU teammates to be capable of making open shots on Hall of Fame difficulty.

I went to play center for the Warriors thinking Klay and Curry would be giving me easy assists, but the Trash Bros only make like 10% to 15% of their wide open shot attempts.

The computer's "double team on catch" philosophy for defending star players also needs to be disabled for MyCareer, because having to always passout to your broke AF AIs who brick the majority of their wide open shots every single time that you touch the ball in the halfcourt is an abominably bad gameplay experience.

The only way to get assists in MyCareer shouldn't be from throwing alley oops, but that's where 2K23's gameplay is at right now.

Online Co-Op MyCareer should have been a thing like 5 or 6 2Ks ago to save us from how inept your AI teammates have become.

The 2K17 "Orange Juice" feature with the Michael B. Jordan storyline was peak MyCareer IMO. It had solid gameplay built around a purely basketball narrative with none of this off-the-court, forced side-quest nonsense.

Bro it makes the game unplayable. And a lot of it is gameplay logic but I’m guessing that 2K has tested most of their limits and this is the best they can offer rn. That’s the only thing that has to make sense.

Are there game developers in these forums like there used to be? I know we had some for NBA Live back in the day.

It’s like they’re refusing to listen to there customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2023, 08:43 AM   #11
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

The computer's "double team on catch" philosophy for defending star players also needs to be disabled for MyCareer, because having to always passout to your broke AF AIs who brick the majority of their wide open shots every single time that you touch the ball in the halfcourt is an abominably bad gameplay experience.

This. I can look past the weird characters and traversing the city (though this gets very annoying during those random times where your player freezes every few steps). But I can’t enjoy any difficulty level in this mode because short of Hall of Fame, it’s way too easy, but Hall of Fame requires you to be a one man team no matter who your teammates are and that just isn’t fun to me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2023, 10:41 PM   #12
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i like my career but it feels the same to me over the last 2-3 years

here's what it needs

1 let u rep up without park i am not good at park
2 have u start as a 60 undrafted 65-70 2nd round 72 pick 20-30 75 pick 11-20 80 num 1 pick 79 num 2 pick 78 pick 3-5 77 pick 6-8 76 pick 9-10

3 u get 3 test games your teammate grade is your vaule
4 if u play every game no sim on 12 min q and hall of fame u get 1 mil vc for the next season
Old 05-15-2023, 04:39 PM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

they make my-career for people to jump through hoops to get VC for online play.

I happen to play my-career to play offline NBA games.

I'm in the minority, but the mode really sucks and has been super glitchy for YEARS - they didn't even have instant replay in the nba until this year after 3 YEARS without it.

I doubt I'll buy the game next year unless I hear news or reviews that get me interested because it's nuts how much BS is in the game now - I don't want to do ANY of that city bs.
Old 05-16-2023, 05:12 AM   #14
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0

The awareness of the CPU has to be updated too. HOF used to be challenging even if somewhat unrealistic. Even when you got to 99. But now unless you’re playing a Giannis or Luka, whose tendencies are insane, most stars just crumble after the first half. For instance no matter how good your defense is, the CPU will attack you with whoever you’re guarding instead of running through their star who is usually not your position.

The story has sucked almost every year they’ve had it. 2K19, 2K20 could’ve been worse stories but were mostly fine. Most of their stories have been bad especially 2K16-2K18 and now this year, just ehh acting, terrible storytelling, annoying side quests, bad raps, etc etc. imagine a star rookie averaging 40 playing a street ball tournament 30 games into his rookie year. The rival thing also has to go, my favorite rivalries are the ones I created through actually playing against teams. Not some random dude who hates me for no reason and is trying to hype up non lottery pick beef.

There are some things that should stay but so much more that should go, trimming the fat if you will. Hopefully they finally do it this year but idk, they seem determined to keep making stories we aren’t asking for.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:13 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

My only complaints on defense are that your CPU teammates make too many unneeded switches, and how we can't make user-controlled switches on-the-fly by pointing our leftstick and holding down the A button like we can in PlayNow and MyTeam; that's a great gameplay feature that should be available in all the 5v5 game modes. If 2K24 added a setting to its pregame controller options for "user-controlled switches only," then the MyCareer defensive experience would improve dramatically.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-16-2023 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2023, 06:10 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I wish your AI teammates displayed more urgency, and would run -- not walk -- to their spots, whenever a playcall is being setup.

You could argue that all this off-ball lollygagging is a realistic depiction of the energy-conscious, load-management pace at which the modern NBA is played, but it's a major drain on the gameplay's fun factor, to be repeatedly taking a "hold ball too long" penalty that crushes your teammate grade, just because the darn play won't start until everybody's walked-away the first 12 seconds of the shot clock, and finally settled into their spot.

Then if the play you want to call happens to be an ISO, you might get 2 or 3 seconds with good spacing before it'll reset, and all your teammates'll start crowding you again, with trash spacing that feels like you're a stuffed animal trapped inside a Walmart lobby’s claw machine.

It also sucks how the uncalled-for auto-screens that the CPU likes to come up and set to muck up your personal space can't be disabled, because the transition Point of Emphasis and Freelance settings are locked, and cannot be changed, even for point guard position MyPlayers. The name of the mode is MyCareer, not MyCoach'sCareer, so please let us PGs pull a LeBron and overrule David Blatt's bad playcalls.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-18-2023 at 05:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »