Home

Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

This is a discussion on Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2023, 08:39 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

So I played a couple of games with my friend on All-Star... it definitely opened the game up alot... now the only issue is any open shot is pretty much absolutely automatic... I'm trying to go in and just tweek this with sliders but it's harder to fix than you'd think... even when I put 3pt shot success down to 1, I'm able to hit pretty much every shot, as long as I green the release... so what I'm seeing is it seems like the green window is expanded exponentially for shooting on these lower difficulties...

Either way, whatever is under the hood causing defenders to be smothering on the perimeter does tone down the more you drop the difficulty... and it's not something that's in the sliders... same with the green window for shooting, unfortunately... there's a lot of hidden stuff going on here.

But the game was way more fun and balanced on all star, and I had to work way harder to get stops against my friend... play way more on ball and guard/wing defense and way less camping in the paint with Mitchell Robinson and funneling everything into his block radius. I liked it, even if it still had the issue of every open look splashing.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:14 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 4

Test if anyone is interested.

I switched my offense to get shooters open and they ran off picks like the cpu. I using Indiana at the time.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:27 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
This Is how I'm feeling now aswell, but did you feel like this first few days after release ? For me the most recent parch changed this and made player movement feel this way. Before the patch it played great.

Hope we can get the word to them to fix this, but as I've been saying , I'm worried that they only focus on my career complaints.

To be honest I noticed defenders being a bit too good/aggressive in the videos prior to release. I will admit that it seems worse now and also player movement and explosiveness seems a bit less responsive and sluggish on offense. On defense I find the AI for both sides to be very frantic and sporadic. My AI defenders will move unrealistically fast to get to their spot(often times resulting in over shooting and ending up in a bad spot), so it's not just cpu boosts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 12:26 AM   #36
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey, if you fellas don't mind I'd love to help. I've been doing sliders since 2k17, and started my YouTube channel during 2k22 dedicated to sim gaming and authentic sliders. I have my sliders thread on here, as well as my channel where you can follow along how we build these sets. I just released version 1.0 yesterday for those following along to test and provide community feedback to enhance all the areas you have concerns about. Shots vs contest, cpu & ai defense & decision making etc. Each game has a narrative and I'm just passionate about the game playing to the tune of realism, and want to offer my time & experience with these specific sliders & 2k's gameplay. Feel free to help out!

Operation Sports slider thread:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lay-stats.html

YouTube channel:
Old 09-16-2023, 01:55 AM   #37
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori Daed
So I played a couple of games with my friend on All-Star... it definitely opened the game up alot... now the only issue is any open shot is pretty much absolutely automatic... I'm trying to go in and just tweek this with sliders but it's harder to fix than you'd think... even when I put 3pt shot success down to 1, I'm able to hit pretty much every shot, as long as I green the release... so what I'm seeing is it seems like the green window is expanded exponentially for shooting on these lower difficulties...

Either way, whatever is under the hood causing defenders to be smothering on the perimeter does tone down the more you drop the difficulty... and it's not something that's in the sliders... same with the green window for shooting, unfortunately... there's a lot of hidden stuff going on here.

But the game was way more fun and balanced on all star, and I had to work way harder to get stops against my friend... play way more on ball and guard/wing defense and way less camping in the paint with Mitchell Robinson and funneling everything into his block radius. I liked it, even if it still had the issue of every open look splashing.
It's the physical attributes (Speed, Acceleration, Strength, Lateral Quickness) and Body-Up Sensitivity. The CPU gets a boost in every slider at SS/HOF difficulties so you need to drop those attribute sliders to even the playing field. And then drop Body-Up Sensitivity to get even fewer brick wall animations.

All-Star is pretty much even at base settings, which is why the game opens up so much there. Plus who knows what 2K tweaks behind the scenes at the different difficulty levels that we can't change via sliders. Might actually be best to just play at All-Star this year unless you REALLY just want a cheesy challenge.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:24 AM   #38
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Body up sensitivity is always a huge influence in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2023, 04:43 AM   #39
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Will definitely drop contact shots on inside shots and lay ups. Massive bump to contested shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2023, 08:45 AM   #40
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The main issue is that the CPU gets physical boosts at Superstar/HOF difficulty. Try decreasing the CPU Speed/Acceleration/Strength sliders by 5 and the game opens up quite a bit.

1. On HOF do your cpu defenders get the same boost?

2. User v. User so your cpu defenders get the ratings boost on HOF?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »