Home

Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

This is a discussion on Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-13-2023, 09:35 PM   #129
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

Normally this would go without saying, but since this thread has taken some odd twists and turns, let me be clear:

I never said Webber's Kings would beat the '16 Warriors. I said I wouldn't mind seeing it because those are "2 teams that had beautiful passing games to watch".

Last edited by jd@os; 10-13-2023 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2023, 12:41 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Normally this would go without saying, but since this thread has taken some odd twists and turns, let me be clear:

I never said Webber's Kings would beat the '16 Warriors. I said I wouldn't mind seeing it because those are "2 teams that had beautiful passing games to watch".
As long as you don't say something like Buck Williams > Chris Webber I think you'll be fine.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 10-14-2023, 01:50 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 2

GAME 6!!

Game link: https://youtu.be/mwIt-A2ySn8

OAKLAND -- Michael Jordan has never had to play a Game 7 in an NBA Finals. Will this Warriors team give him his first?? It's Game 6 in Oakland, and Steph Curry, KD and company are in for a game that may very well be the greatest game 6 ever.

In the first quarter, Michael Jordan's message was clear. He did not want to go to a game 7. Jordan played like so, had one of his strongest quarters, hitting from everywhere in multitude of moves. Jordan would have 21 first quarter points, as the Bulls led by as much as 15. Warrior's offense was stagnant, but another trend was clear too. Steph Curry was not gonna have another bad game. He was 4/6 and 2/4 from 3, for 10 points. BUt JOrdan was just too much, Bulls up 29-17 after one.

Bulls started the 2nd with JOrdan on the bench, and the Bulls suddenly were lost on offense. WIth Durant and Curry attacking, the Warriors started on a 10-4 run to cut the lead to 6. This forced Jordan back in the game earlier than usual, and he helped stem the Warriors tide. Jordan continued his brilliance, scoring another 11 to keep the Warriors at a comfortable distance with a 9pt lead going in to the half. 54-45

Jordan had a monster 32 pts, his most in a half, topped only his own 35 pts in the first half of Game 1 of the 1992 NBA Finals. Looked like the Bulls were on their way with their main man playing like a madman.

BUt not with these Warriors.

THe Splash brothers came to play in the 3rd. "Game 6 Klay" found his touch, scored 13 pts, igniting the Warriors offense at the onset with 2 early 3's. THey went on a 14-3 run to start and grabbed the lead. THe other half of the Splash bros, Steph CUrry would conitnue with his strong game, matching Jordan's intensity with 19 pts in the period. Golden State would take the lead 75-74 after a 3-pointer from Klay with 3mins to go. Steph would score the last 5 pts and push the Warriors to a 3 pt lead heading into the 4th.

They outscored the Bulls 40-28 in the 3rd and the Warriors seemed on their way to pushing a 7th game.

It was championship time. THe 4th quarter became a battle of will for both teams. The Bulls, esepcially, as they found themselves down by as much as 6 midway. But the Bulls showed their poise, and their legendary 6th man Toni Kukoc came alive. Just as he did in Game 7 of the 1998 Eastern Finals vs the Pacers, the Croatian sensation came up big in the 4th. He hit 3 consecutive jumpers and ignited a 12-4 run that gave the Bulls back the lead with 5 mins left.

THe Warriors kept pushing though, and still led by 4 with just 2 mins left, but the Bulls somewhow kept within range. Started with a 3pt-play from Pippen off an offensive rebound, that cut the lead to 1, Steph showed his will to win as well, getting a loose ball on the next play and scoring on a layup to bring them up by 3. 2 possessions later, Jordan found a cutting Pippen on the fastbreak who dunks it and makes it a 1-pt game again with 40 secs left.

On their next play, the Bulls played excellent defense as the only open man was Draymond Green who would miss badly on a 3 from the corner. However, KD was able to grab the offensive rebound and lays it in to give Golden State a 3 pt lead with 24.8 secs left.

THere was 24.8 secs between the Warriors and Game 7.

What follows may be one of the craziest sequences of my entire gaming life.

Steph Curry came to play in Game 6. He had 46 pts 5 rebs 6 assts. Klay Thompson had 22. KD seemed to take a back seat to the hot Steph and finished with 16.

Jordan was again huge, another 40-pt double double. 45 pts 5 rebs 15 assts 3 stls. Pippen had 32 while Kukoc was the Xfactor with 24 pts 8 rebs 8 assts off the bench for Chicago.NBA 2K23 2023-09-07 09-47-36.jpgNBA 2K23 2023-09-07 09-42-59.jpgNBA 2K23 2023-09-06 23-53-13.jpgNBA 2K23 2023-09-06 23-53-45.jpgNBA 2K23 2023-09-07 09-42-48.jpg

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 01:51 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
On the gaming front, AIRJ23 did bring someone up that I think raises a potential future team OP could do something similar with -- The Webber/Bibby Kings.

That team with their Horns offense was almost something like an early protype for more modern offenses. Its tough to say a 60 win team would improve in today's league but I do think they'd be championship contenders. Webber and Vlade were versatile big men you could run an offense through, Peja is still one of the all time most deadly snipers, Bibby was great on the PnR, plus Christie was a elite perimeter defender. I think that team translates very well to today's game and would be interested in seeing some hypothetical matchups.
I have played these Kings. Still the best Kings team OAT. I really wanted them to win over Kobe & Shaq that one year.

Here's a game link: https://youtu.be/0SVuDikJ44c

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #133
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Oh I've been fine this entire time. And correct, too, for that matter:

Quote:
If the Warriors get hot (which I can see happening) and play through the Bulls' physical nature (which I don't see happening), they better take it in 5....'cause Jordan got Mortal Kombat "Finish him" vibes in Game 6's.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:32 PM   #134
MVP

OVR: 3

Wow!!! What a game!

Amazing finish man.. wow
Old 10-14-2023, 05:07 PM   #135
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

I think under normal circumstances, the Bulls take the series. If the Warriors get hot (which I can see happening) and play through the Bulls' physical nature (which I don't see happening), they better take it in 5....'cause Kukoc got Mortal Kombat "Finish him" vibes in Game 6's.
Fixed it for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 07:45 PM   #136
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Fixed it for you
Haha good looking out. 45pts / 15asts is good Mortal Kombat vibes, yes--but 24pts / 8asts and the (well, I can't spoil it) is good 'ole fashion Street Fighter vibes.

Thanks gg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »