Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

Thank you Aaron for your live-tweeting yesterday and for this write-up.
I totally agree with you except for the fact that I won't get next-gen. I don't care about MyPlayer, and I'll wait to see if next year's game brings back some features.
I now have a whole year to exhaust my CG 2K14 with seasons and seasons of Association play.. Doesn't sound bad after all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Umm idk? An improved Next Gen gameplay system? To take away a mode or a feature just to label it new is a very bad move. Especially if you did it once and saw how upset people were. I don't care if you are the other company or 2K. You don't do things like that. You could still have Association and then have GM Mode.
We don't know their marketing strategy... bad from others good for some... nobody can please anyone....

I'm not saying its good to take it out some features loved by some (some like my player, etc), what i'm trying to say is if they put all things that they think players want or ask from forums like this, there will be no next NBA 2K...

now its the player will decide if they'll buy it or not...
Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #67
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Not a deal breaker but the custom sounds being taken out is a bummer. When you have those arena sounds play list loaded correctly it makes the sound of the game seem way more realistic. So many of my friends used to be so jealous when they heard that when they stop by my house. Something like that feature is shocking how it didn't convert over. Happy to hear upgrades to my player I actually really like that mode and that takes up most of my time.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #68
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWater1417
Association is a very popular feature but also lots of issues and complaints... the only reason (maybe) 2K take this out is to prevent further comparison of association from CG to NG and make it better for futher release of NBA2K in Next Gen... Bad Idea for someone but not at all...

ITS NOT THE END OF NEXT GEN ITS JUST A START...
To me the cpu can improve only so much. Will the CPU acknowledge how teams set rotations in real life? I hated seeing Manu on the court as a starter when he is a 6th man.

What is going to happen for free agency or for the draft? Will proper draft picks be with the proper teams? Will a team trade there star SF for 3 PG's?

All of these things are what is concerning me. The little details that make this franchise so great. Being able to experience the game you want it. Not having to be forced. Association had it's flaws but atleast I could control my league.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #69
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
It's really a double edged sword. They aren't losing customers because people wanting a basketball game will just get the CG version. And the people interested or who have already gotten a NG system have invested into NBA 2K14 (I fall into that category).

It's not a game breaking thing but it is a concern I have that this will just be a one team thing. And with me and others getting the game it shows we are ok with it. I'm not ok with this change. But I want to experience this game on NG.

I feel so conflicted.
Yea im in the same boat as you, I've already fully invested in my Ps4 and 2k14, and I really havent enjoyed the current gen version so I was depending on next gen for my basketball needs, but I have gone from totally excited to I need questions answered before I buy this game, which sucks.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #70
Rookie

"Also gone are practice plays."

Why? The game has beard sweat, but you can't practice plays. This seems like an obvious thing to have in any basketball game. How are you supposed to feel out an offense... see what works, what doesn't work, what you can use to break certain zones? This, in my opinion, is a terrible omission.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #71
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8
Most may not agree with my assessment, but I believe, this was undoubtedly the best course of action 2k could have taken. I have the pc version of 2k, and I will continue to play based on the fact that I can get season mode, play offs and path to greatness which has not been confirmed for next gen. *Folks we are not in the PS2 era where these current gen will be unplayable once we get these shiny new consoles. Lately I have been more of a pick and play guy so NBA today has been great for that. *All I am saying is that, there is a a justifiable reason to spend money on both version of the games, and after all Take two and 2k are in the business of making money and catering to their fans, so I respect that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #72
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Were the rookies faces scanned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »