Home

2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This is a discussion on 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
Not exactly. You need to reread what you posted.
He didn't say that there should be women in the NBA, NFL or that women should fight men in mma/boxing. He said there's no reason to ban them and there isn't. Nobody believes that a woman would make it in pro football or that a woman would be able to stand in against a top male fighter and if they're weren't skilled/tough enough they would never make it that far and it would be a complete non issue. The vast majority of men have no business in the ring either but there's nothing stopping them from trying and failing.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #74
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Did you read what I said? At what point did I say worst NBA player isn't better than the best WNBA player? What point did I say men aren't more physical? I specifically mentioned sexual dimorphism but I guess that went over your head.

What? Are you going to ban gay players as well because they "might have a relationship"? How about friendships? Should you ban those too? Ugh. Are you implying players can't be professional about their jobs?

Again, you must have completely missed my post. I don't understand why you're quoting me, nothing I said has anything to do with what you said. The reason why only men play in the NBA is and should be that there are no women good enough, not that they've been banned from the league.
Some of you guys that think women should be allowed to play in the NBA have no idea what you're talking about to be clearly honest
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oh well, the only part of the halftime show i see are the sprint product placements/ads at the start and end. I really hate those.

The only way i'll ever watch the halftime show is if they get bill walton or charles barkley. Get it done 2k. Or better yet have those two as the announcers, that would be incredible. And for the love of all that is holy, replace doris burke with craig sager, the sound of her voice is torture to my eardrums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #76
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5XL
Lol. Knew somebody would take the bait. It was sarcasm buddy.
Well then... maybe my post was sarcasm too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
He didn't say that there should be women in the NBA, NFL or that women should fight men in mma/boxing. He said there's no reason to ban them and there isn't. Nobody believes that a woman would make it in pro football or that a woman would be able to stand in against a top male fighter and if they're weren't skilled/tough enough they would never make it that far and it would be a complete non issue. The vast majority of men have no business in the ring either but there's nothing stopping them from trying and failing.
If there's no reason to ban women from men's sports, is it okay to allow men in women's sports as well?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #77
Rookie

How many of you actually listened to his little rant? It had nothing to do with him finding WNBA games boring.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #78
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK121
How many of you actually listened to his little rant? It had nothing to do with him finding WNBA games boring.
I listened to it. I was only responding to posts though.

His statement wasn't so far off-base, even though his point was. It was inappropriate and misconstruing, but he was really just going for a hook and was classic Damon.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well then... maybe my post was sarcasm too.

If there's no reason to ban women from men's sports, is it okay to allow men in women's sports as well?
The nfl, nba, MLB, NHL etc. are not men's only leagues. Obviously you don't let men into women only leagues just like pros can't play in college and there's age limits on little league. What does that have to do with what we're talking about?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #80
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
The nfl, nba, MLB, NHL etc. are not men's only leagues. Obviously you don't let men into women only leagues just like pros can't play in college and there's age limits on little league. What does that have to do with what we're talking about?
Just responding to people. I'm only like one of three people in this thread who even listen to Damon Bruce regularly, so I of all people definitely understand everything that's going on in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »