Home

Next Gen gameplay shows same issues from CG

This is a discussion on Next Gen gameplay shows same issues from CG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Next Gen gameplay shows same issues from CG

Good video. I hope they can improve the AI awareness and rebounding animations so it will look more realistic and not feel so cheap. I also think they really need to improve the catch animations. I hate the sliding that goes on in the catch animations. You make a good point with player momentum being inconsistent also. Defenders sliding out of position isn't a good look. Spacing also needs to be improved.

Overall, I think they really improved some of the foot planting, but 2k still has a lot of work to do to improve their game. Hopefully this Eco-motion engine will allow them to take care of these legacy issues.

I was expecting 2k14 current gameplay with better graphics, so I'm not disappointed. Seeing that Next Gen has better foot planting and better animations is a plus for IMO.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

good breakdown, lost it when he said he was twerking out
Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
No disrespect.but it is a video game.
No offense, but the "it's a video game" argument has got to be one of the most annoyingly stupid ones thrown out at video games. Do you not think the OP knows this? He's not going through the game with a fine tooth comb. He's pointing out legacy issues that have plagued the game for several years.

And to all the people saying that the gameplay people should be satisfied and not expect too much - SHUT THE HELL UP. Yeah, I get it the graphics look great so could you attempt to resist the urge to basically say " **** you, I gots mine."?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0

Good video the rebounding has been broken for years, not sure if it will ever be fixed...
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Good point about which hand the player uses.

There's a play later when someone uses their left hand for the layup when:
A) it's clear they should have laid it up with the right to avoid the defense.
B) the player even is a RIGHT HANDED PLAYER. Why would he lay it up with the left?

2K needs to work on the AI decision-making for when they should use the left hand or when they should use the right.
Fortunately, Beluba added manual lay-up handedness controls to next-gen, so just make sure to push the shot-stick towards the correct hand and not forward (which gets you auto-layup hand selection).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #22
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Expect a beta version people.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
No offense, but the "it's a video game" argument has got to be one of the most annoyingly stupid ones thrown out at video games. Do you not think the OP knows this? He's not going through the game with a fine tooth comb. He's pointing out legacy issues that have plagued the game for several years.

And to all the people saying that the gameplay people should be satisfied and not expect too much - SHUT THE HELL UP. Yeah, I get it the graphics look great so could you attempt to resist the urge to basically say " **** you, I gots mine."?
Completely agree with this, some people are waaay to complacent and are easily satisfied. It's almost like how people repeatedly buy the COD games despite the gameplay issues never being fixed(spawning, hit detection, net code).

Gameplay doesn't look very improved. Seeing the same issues that have been in the game for years, which is ridiculous. Also i really don't like the fact that they seemed to be focused on more gimmicky features for next gen. "My player mode now has a rival guys" "We added cut scenes" "Players show more emotions" Nobody asked for this, why hasn't 2k talked about addressing the flaws that have been in previous games? EA did the same thing with fight night champion(probably the best looking sports game this gen), the game looked amazing, but they decided to focus on stupid things like a story mode, and having more blood. The gameplay suffered because of it.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 11-11-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I started not to reply because like I expected it always comes to someone halfway insulting the person that they don't agree with. I'm not getting into some kind of pissing match online. It's definitely not complacency or accepting less I would prefer anyone not speak for me or how I feel when they don't know or understand the bigger picture. Like someone stated before these guys know this stuff they see it but developing is hard is not easy. I don't get into the "developers are lazy" blah blah blah stuff. A lot of these things get reduce until it's gone is not as easy as saying take that out and is solved. These guys imo make great games especially being the fact that it's a yearly thing. Do I want the game to play exactly like real life yeah am I aim player you bet your *** I am. All I started was any game ever made on any system has weird things here or there. So why keep praying on it? You think ea doesn't know Madden doesn't move like real life and it's not up to par compared to the mlb the show and nba 2k of the world? I don't know why that had to be stupid just coherent way of thinking about things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »