Home

Jaggies in 2k14?

This is a discussion on Jaggies in 2k14? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jaggies in 2k14?

While the game looks great, I noticed that jaggies are quite noticeable in the game, particularly in certain arenas (Portland's arena seems to be the worst).
I'm wondering if this has something to do with my current set up (I'm using a hdmi to dvi cable, as my TV doesn't have an HDMI input). I would be most appreciative if someone could let me know if they notice jaggies in Portland's arena? If you can't see them on hdmi, I might have to upgrade to a TV with an hdmi input (unless someone knows another solution). Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jaggies in 2k14?

Which part of Portland's arena? I'm playing a quick match with GSW on portland's home court right now.

Edit: tv sony bravia hx820 55". Ps4 hdmi connected to pioneer elite sc77 receiver and out to the tv.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 11-16-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't notice it at all - then again I game on a Panasonic ST60 that possesses a native 20,000 to 1 contrast ratio.

Jaggies a non existent on my set.

I also turn sharpness all the way down (as you should). Sharpness artificially "enhances" an already HD image. The results of this "enhancement" is likely your jaggies.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABAS11
While the game looks great, I noticed that jaggies are quite noticeable in the game, particularly in certain arenas (Portland's arena seems to be the worst).
I'm wondering if this has something to do with my current set up (I'm using a hdmi to dvi cable, as my TV doesn't have an HDMI input). I would be most appreciative if someone could let me know if they notice jaggies in Portland's arena? If you can't see them on hdmi, I might have to upgrade to a TV with an hdmi input (unless someone knows another solution). Thanks!
I thought PS4 was HDMI only? Yeah, try upgrading to a 1080p tv with HDMI support, you can buy a 60 inch LED 120HZ smart tv and 3D for $1,000
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rozay
I thought PS4 was HDMI only? Yeah, try upgrading to a 1080p tv with HDMI support, you can buy a 60 inch LED 120HZ smart tv and 3D for $1,000
I personally would advise you don't go for such a bargain set. If you so make sure you do research - I can provide you with a lot of insight when it comes to televisions (I work with them all the time and constantly research them).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABAS11
I don't see any jaggies at all. But i use HDMI on 1080p which is the games native resolution .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have them as well. 2000 dollar lg 3d tv. Mostly on the backboard and the seats the player sit on. Tried everything to fix it. Sharpness at 0.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for the responses. It's weird, while in the portland arena, the jaggies are quite noticeable even on the court, and they seem to come in waves. I'm almost positive this is due to my hdmi to dvi cable, so a TV upgrade it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »