Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm sorry Leftos, I see you're trying to justify this, but player roles need to GO.

Theres no ifs, ands or buts about it, it ruins the game. Guys who would have NO qualms coming off the bench in real life are constantly pissed. Even guys with low 70 ratings who are labeled as sixth man are still getting pissed off.

Some of these situations should never happen, some guys need a personality trait that will allow them to not get mad at their role. Way too much is based just on overall rating, this is not the way to do it, especially not in basketball with ever changing lineups on a nightly basis.

I thought you guys would finally have a smart franchise experience, but player roles and overall ratings ruin the entire mode. If they're not removed, or fixed exponentially next year, I won't be buying the game. The option to turn off player roles was an essential part of CG that we desperately needed for NG. They've become overblown and unrealistic
They have to go with no ifs or buts but then you suggest that certain personality traits should make players not get pissed off so much about that? I mean I'm all for discussion of the way certain things work, but you can't come at the subject like that. Do they need to go, or do they need to take more factors into account? If you ask me, I'd prefer to flesh out morale, chemistry and roles rather than take them out altogether, and I'd be all ears for ideas that maybe I haven't thought of already.
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 11-20-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
They have to go with no ifs or buts but then you suggest that certain personality traits should make players not get pissed off so much about that? I mean I'm all for discussion of the way certain things work, but you can't come at the subject like that. Do they need to go, or do they need to take more factors into account? If you ask me, I'd prefer to flesh out morale, chemistry and roles rather than take them out altogether, and I'd be all ears for ideas that maybe I haven't thought of already. This needs to be a discussion, not an ultimatum.
Basically, all I was saying was if they're not fixed, or if you guys can't fix them, they should go.

If you're intent on keeping them, there needs to be something added to make certain guys not get so upset at their roles. How often does an nba coach keep their starting lineups the same every night? Could you imagine if real life was like 2K, a crazy amount of trades happening because gloried role players are always upset?

Jarret jack is a perfect example. He's always upset in this game about starting, but he signed with Cleveland knowing he would be the backup to Irving.

Add a personality trait like, "willing to come off bench", which a majority of the league should have. This would put an end to the unnecessary morale issues we're seeing with all these players

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

There needs to be a system in place that removes overall rating.

Keep individual attributes, but have teams and coaches base their lineups on statistical output and production, not just overall rating. A system where teams actually looked at attributes that fit their team play style, instead of just an arbitrary overall rating would go a long way

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
There needs to be a system in place that removes overall rating.

Keep individual attributes, but have teams and coaches base their lineups on statistical output and production, not just overall rating. A system where teams actually looked at attributes that fit their team play style, instead of just an arbitrary overall rating would go a long way

This is the type of creative ideas I wanted in next gen gaming. Id be behind this idea 100% if implemented correctly.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
They have to go with no ifs or buts but then you suggest that certain personality traits should make players not get pissed off so much about that? I mean I'm all for discussion of the way certain things work, but you can't come at the subject like that. Do they need to go, or do they need to take more factors into account? If you ask me, I'd prefer to flesh out morale, chemistry and roles rather than take them out altogether, and I'd be all ears for ideas that maybe I haven't thought of already.
I have never been an Association guy but I have always tought that coaches in 2k could have a bigger role in overall team performance.
Since the introduction of badges in MyGM, you can add a coach badge with the power to "calm down" players, boost their morale and make them more happy with their playtime.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

See now we're discussing ideas. That's what I like to see. Not just "this is broken, rip it out" posts.

I'm taking notes guys, keep it coming.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #15
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

had to sim MyGM just to show these things again. This time Jordan is a role player instead of bench player. Gibson doesn't even want to be a 6th man and I don't know why Javale is on the Wizards again.

Last edited by apollooff320; 11-20-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
See now we're discussing ideas. That's what I like to see. Not just "this is broken, rip it out" posts.

I'm taking notes guys, keep it coming.
I hope ideas can be put into a patch...I don't want to wait until next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »