Home

Is PSN Down For Anyone Else Right Now?

This is a discussion on Is PSN Down For Anyone Else Right Now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is PSN Down For Anyone Else Right Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think connectivity problems are just bound to happen. I'm not sure who really decided we were at the point where internet connections were solid and reliable enough to unnecessarily connect everything to them, but I think it was a greatly, greatly misguided decision.

The question remains: why would games require online connectivity for modes that shouldn't require online connectivity? It'd be like locking the calculator on my cell phone just because I have no service (cell phones also being another example of products with largely imperfect connectivity).
I am thinking these problems are related to over loaded servers. Don't forget gentlemen and ladies that the ps4 released in Europe today. But, I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

I upgraded 4k worth of VC to my player's skills and I got stuck in the Please wait saving to 2k servers message. After about 10 minutes, I decided to restart my PS4 and when I logged back in, I have 4k less vc than I previously had and my player's skill is still the same. SMH.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
I am thinking these problems are related to over loaded servers. Don't forget gentlemen and ladies that the ps4 released in Europe today. But, I could be wrong.
Righto. My point is there will always be reasons for online connectivity to struggle. The servers could be overloaded, they could be undergoing maintenance, someone may personally lose or not have a connection within their own house, 2K could have online issues, etc.

With that in mind, I feel it's a very poor decision for gaming companies to jump the gun and opt to force online connectivity for modes and options that typically should not require an internet connection. It's obviously understandable that an online connection should be needed for player-to-player contests (online). However, for the functionality of in-progress rosters, MyGM, MyCareer and otherwise to rely entirely upon one's internet connection is unnecessarily limiting and frustrating for gamers across the world.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Am i the only one regretting maybe not going with the other console? we're paying psn for pretty much this
I'm fine with my choice. Although these early issues are disappointing, they're just that--early issues. If I'm not mistaken, PSN has undergone a significant overhaul to match the relative superior online product that was XBL (current gen). I'll stick with PSN; hope the payoff is worthwhile.

My none game-developer opinion is Sony didn't do adequate testing (or failed to spot certain nuances) to ascertain what could happen with offline console function when PSN is down.

@Gosen6

Sony needs to issue clear instructions about cloud saves/HD saves. Right now, I know my games are in the cloud, but it appears that they are also on the HD. So why oh why can't I play Battlefield from my save point?

@Thashow

While you are likely correct, I am troubled by these problems being caused by overload. Sony should have been prepared. Were consumers expected to buy the game and leave it on the shelf until the hype dies down?

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 11-29-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame
I'm fine with my choice. Although these early issues are disappointing, they're just that--early issues. If I'm not mistaken, PSN has undergone a significant overhaul to match the relative superior online product that was XBL (current gen). I'll stick with PSN; hope the payoff is worthwhile.

My none game-developer opinion is Sony didn't do adequate testing (or failed to spot certain nuances) to ascertain what could happen with offline console function when PSN is down.

@Gosen6

Sony needs to issue clear instructions about cloud saves/HD saves. Right now, I know my games are in the cloud, but it appears that they are also on the HD. So why oh why can't I play Battlefield from my save point?

@Thashow

While you are likely correct, I am troubled by these problems being caused by overload. Sony should have been prepared. Were consumers expected to buy the game and leave it on the shelf until the hype dies down?
You are correct, I think should have been prepared, however, sometimes no matter how prepared you are things happen that are out of your control. Life happens, couple of weeks ago when the ps4 released here in the states, same thing, and I KNOW that were expecting to sell a bunch in North America.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #30
Rookie

Hurst31's Arena

OVR: 0
Is PSN Down For Anyone Else Right Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I can live with certain features being taken out, I really can for a year one next gen title, but, depriving us the ability to play our saves because you want us connected to you at all times is a bit overboard of what i'll accept.

When I made that you can play offline thread, I did it just to inform people who thought it was impossible to play offline.

I knew this situation was going to happen one day and I was not looking forward to it, because this is unacceptable.
At least you can load up the game..my internets down right now and it just sits on the Lebron screen the whole time

Nevermind figured it out had to take my Ethernet cord out of my ps4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hurst31; 11-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

This is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

no offense to our european friends...but i was hoping that SONY anticipated on this and should have released PS4 to Euro the following week they released it in US.

I mean, most of us are off this weekend....most will be planning to play their PS4 games for long hours today and perhaps Saturday/Sunday. This is just poor planning in Sony's part.

Instead the whole PS nation enjoy their games and their new PS4 ...this happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »