Home

How does everyone feel about The Park?

This is a discussion on How does everyone feel about The Park? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm just confused by it. I don't see the appeal of all of the courts and players in one game. It's glitchy, it's laggy, you have to wait in line to play so you're forced to wait between games, then when it's your turn I'm getting booted out most of the time with an error message even after the patch that was suppose to fix it.

We couldn't just get 2k11 style crew back? Even current gen 2k14 is better. I've come to assume they were going for more VC (so kids dress their characters up) because blacktop clothing has always been overpriced. Sucks they got another gimmicky mode over something a lot of the fans wanted, 2k11 style crew then add custom matches so you can avoid the cheesers, would have been the dopest thing.

The positives though is I'm assuming the game is on at least superstar so it isn't too much of a score fest (although on playing it more with the online delay the 99s can be pretty hard to stay in front of, but it's not on 2k13 blacktop level) and full court for the 3on3 makes it more fun. But some of the decisions 2K makes is just mind boggling to me.

Last edited by Epheles; 12-05-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How does everyone feel about The Park?

It's fun, and i like the idea of the park and the atmosphere, but i don't like waiting for so long and would prefer how it was in 2k13/11 where you could just search.

2k servers are still trash. I get dropped out of games when my internet is perfectly fine. also, a 2gb update and they still haven't fixed playing with friends.

Ok, so i've been dropped 3 out of the last 3 games with rock solid internet

I also think they should had a punishment for spamming reach-ins. maybe 2FT every 3 fouls? What were the devs thinking? I haven't played today, but this thought came up in my head - can't you just intentionally foul when the opponent is going to score?

Finally, this runs across all gamemodes, but 150 VC for playing a game is atrocious.

Last edited by Rotatingkitchen; 12-04-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

When it's running smoothly--and it's running much better since the patch--I enjoy it. I think it was a great idea; and sometimes great ideas are tough to implement. My main gripe is the "Play With Friends" feature is still inactive. But I'm willing to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess I'm still rated 25ovr without socks then, 2k
Old 12-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

The lag killed it for me (that and the 25 OVR guy I was playing with that decided to chuck 3's all game). It's impossible to play any semblance of defense. Of course I had to guard the 99 SG who if I played off drained every 3 and if I crowded him it was a dunk over 2 guys. The lag simply prevents you from staying in front of the guy. I thought I would spend a lot of time in the mode, but if the lag doesn't get fixed, I'm done with the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
I guess I'm still rated 25ovr without socks then, 2k
You don't deserve socks!

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Needs that join friends to work....as of now I'm jumping server to server trying to find my friends just to play with them and that loading time absolutely sucks!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Played a few games yesterday, but i didn't really enjoy them. Very few people are willing to pass the ball, too many 3's/2's go in, too many steals. There should at least be grades like in team up, maybe people would pass more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »