Home

NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #33
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Here's a sample of the conversation from Playstation blog. Notice how the first part is very confusing but how Ronnie clarifies later on. This is very consistent with everything I've read regarding the 'is the game online only?' issue:

Jarett: ...A single-player game mode should not be affected by one’s internet connection and I consider these very serious bugs. BTW, the first bug occured before the most recent patch and the second bug after.
Really digging the game beside this and the confusing menus. This is my first b-ball game and I’m addicted.

Ronnie: Glad to hear. One reason online is necessary is that we want everyone to be on equal footing when it comes to their MyCAREER.

Jarett: ...Sorry Ronnie, I don’t understand. I played MyCareer mode offline last night, so a connection doesn’t seem required. What do you mean by ensuring everyone is on equal footing? Does it report gameplay statics for balancing purposes or something?
Thanks.

Ronnie: It’s not required but we want to make sure it’s not hex editted or anything. A lot of people do end up playing great modes like The Park and the last thing we want to see is Giant MyPlayers like 2K11!
Ok, just edited my posts.

The above is Ronnie directly answering this question.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
Rookie

MaxCheeba's Arena

OVR: 4

I just turned my ps4 on right now and couldn't sign in toPSN because "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance."

Then I started to try to play my gm and was told "This save requires an active connection to the 2k sports server."

This is a bad bad move on the part of Sony, and every company associated with this....I just like playing at home with my friends WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE ROOM WITH ME !

Sorry guys but I'm off today and im not even allowed to play this game in my own home.

Crazy.

part of the BEST online community in Madden. Operation Sports !!!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahjah
The crappy part of this is the story has already run wild on the net without people even looking around to see if it was totally true in all cases.
Welcome to the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm confused. Is it playable offline or not? If it is, do you have to maintain an offline file in addition to an online file? Seems tedious. If it's not playable offline at all, this is something to complain about. If this is the way 2K wants to go, they should have been upfront about it, thereby allowing consumers to decide if it is worth the money. I'm not affected by this too much, as I generally maintain my internet service, BUT what happens when PSN goes down? In fact, PSN is down for maintenance right now, and it appears that I cannot play anything other than quick matches or blacktop. This is not what I paid for.

Feel free to correct me if other modes are accessible without doing bizarre workarounds.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 12-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCheeba
I just turned my ps4 on right now and couldn't sign in toPSN because "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance."

Then I started to try to play my gm and was told "This save requires an active connection to the 2k sports server."

This is a bad bad move on the part of Sony, and every company associated with this....I just like playing at home with my friends WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE ROOM WITH ME !

Sorry guys but I'm off today and im not even allowed to play this game in my own home.

Crazy.
don't blame sony. that's all on 2k. The cloud bs has been in since2k13 I bellieve. You need it to play and earn vc. Its a terrible move. mygm and mycareer require internet connections. why? so you can't hack your way up. But if you buy your way up, its totally fine. Pay 2 hack is okay, but figuring out yourself for free isn't.

What such bull****. Its not only 2k doing this, its the industry whether its vc or its XP they all do the same ****. lol at gt6 spend $140 to buy vc to buy a virtual car.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #38
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Here's a sample of the conversation from Playstation blog. Notice how the first part is very confusing but how Ronnie clarifies later on. This is very consistent with everything I've read regarding the 'is the game online only?' issue:

Jarett: ...A single-player game mode should not be affected by one’s internet connection and I consider these very serious bugs. BTW, the first bug occured before the most recent patch and the second bug after.
Really digging the game beside this and the confusing menus. This is my first b-ball game and I’m addicted.

Ronnie: Glad to hear. One reason online is necessary is that we want everyone to be on equal footing when it comes to their MyCAREER.

Jarett: ...Sorry Ronnie, I don’t understand. I played MyCareer mode offline last night, so a connection doesn’t seem required. What do you mean by ensuring everyone is on equal footing? Does it report gameplay statics for balancing purposes or something?
Thanks.

Ronnie: It’s not required but we want to make sure it’s not hex editted or anything. A lot of people do end up playing great modes like The Park and the last thing we want to see is Giant MyPlayers like 2K11!
And this is the whole poblem. Why do they care how does it hurt them in the slightest. Why is is so hard to focus on making a great game instead try to control users playing a bug riddled one. Who care if I want to create Manute bol and charles barkley if I pay 60 bucks and the game gouges you for more at every step of they way. I doubt even 10% of user hex edit anything bt ever customer has to play locked down incorrect incomplete roster because VC wants to control our gaming experience smh.

Last edited by Cleveland Rocks; 12-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #39
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

I though Cerny said at E3 that the PS4 would not require an internet connection to play games?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
I though Cerny said at E3 that the PS4 would not require an internet connection to play games?
A console-wide always-online policy is not the same as an individual game developer choosing to implement it for their game.

That said, I wish people would stop jumping the conclusion the title of this thread states and actually read some of the posts...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »