Home

CPU shooting percentages

This is a discussion on CPU shooting percentages within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: CPU shooting percentages

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
that's the default settings for simulation Game Style. It doesn't work for next gen 2K14. The CPU is just to consistent in the game period. They shoot over double teams and make them with scrub players like they are Kobe. With the CPU AI making everything under the rim with so many ppl around them makes the game not fun at all.

Let me clarify, fine for me if that's better....CPU averages between 45-53% against me...

also, there is a difference in changing these sliders and putting the game on the "simulation" setting...

not many "on the court" complaints from me as far as this game goes...sorry it's not very fun for for you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

MyGM with the Bulls...All-Star, 12 min quarter, sim sliders slightly modified: increased foul sliders, lowered fatigue from 52 to 50 because Noah couldnt play more than 25 min per game, and increase attempt on ball steals to 50, lowered hands to 35, lowered pass accuracy to 40 to increase turnovers.

Lead the league with 43% FGAA, allow around 94 ppg (which is by far first because just about every team averages in the 100s for and against). Had some "bulls" games in the 70s/80s, my last game detroit got hot in the 2nd half and ended up winning 117-103. Seems to work well for me.

Edit: I use real fg% too

Last edited by joet6683; 12-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #27
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Let me clarify, fine for me if that's better....CPU averages between 45-53% against me...

also, there is a difference in changing these sliders and putting the game on the "simulation" setting...

not many "on the court" complaints from me as far as this game goes...sorry it's not very fun for for you..
how is their a difference between putting

Inside: 45
Close: 45
Contact Success: 45

yourself from hitting the sim setting and having it at the same thing ? I know all the other settings change but what you said just went over my head. 45=45
Old 12-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
how is their a difference between putting

yourself from hitting the sim setting and having it at the same thing ? I know all the other settings change but what you said just went over my head. 45=45

Like you said, other sliders change when setting the game to simulation...all of these things factor in to how the game is played...the shooting sliders are just one aspect...including how you react/contest on defense..

I'm not a fan if the Simulation setting...haven't been for a while,...default, with just those changes works for me...
Old 12-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
Like you said, other sliders change when setting the game to simulation...all of these things factor in to how the game is played...the shooting sliders are just one aspect...including how you react/contest on defense..

I'm not a fan if the Simulation setting...haven't been for a while,...default, with just those changes works for me...
OK but still didn't see the point of bringing it up as using the sim setting or someone else's sliders in the slider section doesn't stop the CPU from cheesing with the success rate of their lay ups. Nor does it help for Mycareer which many are talking about.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
Rookie

asitter's Arena

OVR: 0

Any way to remedy these issues in MY Career?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
I've made the same 3 changes to 2k since 2k11, and they always work for me...(except 2k12, 2k13 is the devil)

and the CPU is fine...
On what difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

CPU shooting percentages

Quote:
OK but still didn't see the point of bringing it up as using the sim setting or someone else's sliders in the slider section doesn't stop the CPU from cheesing with the success rate of their lay ups. Nor does it help for Mycareer which many are talking about.

and I am not seeing the point of challenging the fact that this works me, ME, The 24th letter....I didn't say this was everyone's solution, or that they are not experiencing what they are experiencing...this is what I use to help bring the CPU percentages down, and I am successful in doing that....

again, if this doesn't work for you or anyone else...sorry...hope you find a solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
On what difficulty?

All-Star

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-23-2013 at 04:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »