Home

Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM?

This is a discussion on Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM?

cant play the game I ****ing payed for right now because of server issues not allowing me to go on any game modes other than quick game? This is definitely the last 2K game i'm buying.

Last edited by LakersMeeks; 12-29-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromhoiland
IGN has covered a lot of issues with games: Diablo 3 and their drum, sim city and their drm, Sony security breach, xbox RROD, the few PS4s that had issues at launch. I honestly believe they aren't covering this because no one is.
Only because they were widely covered. I doubt they covered the issues Diablo 3 or Sim City in their reviews but only after the fact that they became a huge issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
A few hardcore? underestimate how 2k would fall without the fans that bought the 2k games since day 1 when they weren't anything
The reason why you want to please your core fanbase is because they affect the purchases of others. Friends will ask what sports game they should get when they're making purchase decisions. It's important to have a positive word of mouth to achieve good sales. 2K is currently making short term decisions for a quick buck while angering their core players. Most of the talk about this game on forums is all negative. Always-on DRM, broken game modes, crashes, stripped features. We don't live in a vacuum.

Last edited by jaateloauto; 12-29-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #35
Rookie

ccmetz2020's Arena

I wish we could go back to the good old days of skill points, not this ****ty VC. Can't I just play an offline game mode like myCareer offline? Is that too much to ask?

Favorite Teams:

NBA - Chicago Bulls

NCAA -
Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - St.Louis Cardinals

NFL - Green Bay Packers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersMeeks
cant play the game I ****ing payed for right now because of server issues not allowing me to go on any game modes other than quick game? This is definitely the last 2K game i'm buying.
Same here. I haven't been able to connect to their servers in two days...
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #37
Rookie

To be honest the people who posted all them Free VC glitch and farming VC videos are to blame for 2K switching to DRM.... Just like the entertainment industry putting in safe guards to limit piracy, 2K is taking the measures to ensure people aren't exploiting the game and stealing their profit.... So yeah 2K was smart to implement this strategy from a business stand point. To bad honest gamers have to suffer for the few bad apples.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixniner
To be honest the people who posted all them Free VC glitch and farming VC videos are to blame for 2K switching to DRM.... Just like the entertainment industry putting in safe guards to limit piracy, 2K is taking the measures to ensure people aren't exploiting the game and stealing their profit.... So yeah 2K was smart to implement this strategy from a business stand point. To bad honest gamers have to suffer for the few bad apples.
There shouldn't be microtransactions in sports games. Its just a cheap money grab. We already paid $60 for the game we shouldn't need VC to unlock the full game. And even if they had just those skill points, and people cheat to get more by hacking, its only hurting themselves.

If 2k wants to use microtransactions then their games should be free to play and they can make their money off the micro transactions

its one thing to have micro transactions in the online part of the game if you are creating a player but to have that in a GM mode is just BS and that is why people are using glitches to unlock stuff that should be unlocked from the beginning.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixniner
Thats a load of crap. Weve already paid for the game, VC should be limited to MyTeam, MyCareer should use skill points and "real money" from contract salary and endorsements to buy off court clothes and accessories, game day accessories and shoes should be free unless they provide a ratings boost, and the park should use its own progression system to create a better forum for true black top heroes.

Smart solutions dont require exploits.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Thats a load of crap. Weve already paid for the game, VC should be limited to MyTeam, MyCareer should use skill points and "real money" from contract salary and endorsements to buy off court clothes and accessories, game day accessories and shoes should be free unless they provide a ratings boost, and the park should use its own progression system to create a better forum for true black top heroes.

Smart solutions dont require exploits.
Exactly. VC should always only be used for "bling" stuff that you don't need in the game it you were not going to buy it. Like accessories, and things like that, not things that unlock gameplay aspects in a core mode like GM mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »