Home

It's obvious at this point that 2K has got to be trolling the fans

This is a discussion on It's obvious at this point that 2K has got to be trolling the fans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #17
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: It's obvious at this point that 2K has got to be trolling the fans

OMG so you're telling me the cpu makes tough contested shots on HOF mode? wow...who would have guessed? It's called HOF mode for a reason. They make HOF plays. Go play rookie if you can't hang.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #18
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

The annoying part is that I want it to be tough to score. I want it to be tough to defend. 2K fails to provide a challenge in either, but instead the reason you're losing in MyCareer comes down to your teammates playing like headless chickens. I can average a triple double every game and still the team is at around .500. When you can't really run an organized offense with the lack of automatic play calling in MyCareer you are forced to play like a future hall of famer, ball hogging like Kobe in order for the team to keep up in scoring.

I wish I could set my own sliders, get the team to run plays, even customize playbooks, rotations. I want the feeling of playing a career with no control over what the roster looks like but when I see bonehead coaching decisions I would like to nudge them in the right direction. Would that be too much to ask? For example on my team top 3 bench players be PGs while the starting guards are 5'11" and 5'9". Having to deal with games where you simply have no chance because for most of the game Nate Robinson is facing a foot longer Paul George or a scorer like Kobe or Harden while a perfectly good Wilson Chandler sits on the bench for most of the game.

Last edited by jaateloauto; 01-12-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Aren't online quick/teamup/myteam games on HOF difficulty?

That's the only reason why I play on HOF
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
2k is horrible on and offline. When I win games I'm like, "I don't feel like I had anything to do with that win." When I loose games I'm like, "I don't feel like I had anything to do with that loss." I play Madden and take a L, and I can point out all the mistakes I made in the game. Madden gets a bad rap because of lack of innovation, but there is never a moment in Madden where I don't feel like I'm in control. I never feel like I'm in control in 2k.
You just blew my mind with this post. This is the exact feeling i get when playing online
Old 01-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illuminati
This was probably the most epic thing I've seen in a 2k game
Without trolling, at first i thought it was taj gibson and thought that was kinda BS but it's ray allen ! are you saying it's so unbelievable for Ray Allen to make that shot? i wanna understand.. and yes 2K HOF AI is BS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 03:05 AM   #22
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Could you imagine the rage if Ray Allens game winning 3 pter in game 6 of the finals last year happened to someone on this thread in 2k? According to some peoples logic here, that couldn't have even been real. BS! the cpu cheats! I swear some people here don't watch much PROFESSIONAL basketball.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:21 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

i think if we want to play on hof we have to modify ratings of the players.
the game is set for pro level by developper, so if lebron gets 99 ratings for pro level, in HOF you can add an automatic and unreal boost of +10 or +12 i don't remember, a thread spoke about that in the past. So his ratings become 99 + 12 = 111!
So, that is why, HOF is impossible, BS and unreal!! So not sim, are we agree or not??
So nba 2k = ARCADE GAME! Agree or not?
Because when you play in pro level, it is possible to win but it is too much easy.
In all star, it is still too much easy so not enough sim, and in Superstar and in HOF it is impossible, so arcade and not sim!

welcome in the 2k NBA world BABY!!

But what it is not fun is that sometimes you play real, sim and real good, and CPU is not so strong even in HOF but that is not for a longtime. And after AI become to be unstoppable because you can't avoid some mistakes and bad choice!

Nevertheirless, sometimes you really would like that IA missed some jumpshot in HOF even an open shot because you imagine that in reality players can miss some easy shot, but it is never the case and at half time, AI ratings is 65 % (or more) and not 48 % or something like that which may be real, and the score is 60 to 40 for AI!!
Even in HOF, if 2k game were sim, stats should be real!!! between 30 and 48 % for jumpshot. I think it could going to help matters!!
I'm still playing to NBA 2k11, and i played against the Knicks 95 with Classics Bulls 96 and Ewing was unstoppable, i let him alone (never double team) just to see if he could miss some turnaround or fadeaway and he never missed any jumpshot. Do you remember Karl Malone, the same!!
The only solution was to play real sim in Offense, because i really think that the best defense we can make is a good offense, and when you can't find the good play (because triangle offense are bad) it is finish for you.

sorry french

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 01-14-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #24
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Could you imagine the rage if Ray Allens game winning 3 pter in game 6 of the finals last year happened to someone on this thread in 2k? According to some peoples logic here, that couldn't have even been real. BS! the cpu cheats! I swear some people here don't watch much PROFESSIONAL basketball.
that game winner was a huge deal because its rare to see it like that. the issue that people have is not that the cpu can hit a game winner or come back sometimes; its that it happens far too often to the point where its almost predictable no matter what you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »