Home

NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 1
My game works fine. Minor glitches like clothes not changing in the locker room...but big deal...the oncourt part works fine. Not sure about FA as I am still in my first year.,
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #74
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15
This is probably an unpopular opinion but if you guys have had issues with MyGM and MyPlayer (i.e. kickbacks to title screen, losing saves, contract negotiations, being unable to advance, etc...) and now they work properly - should you really be complaining that much? Those were MAJOR issues. Not sure if it's fair to expect 2K to drop a patch that address functionality AND on top of that gameplay fixes. Now, on the other hand - if you are still experiencing the same issues from before then by all means go nuts!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #75
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Something Ive noticed. I know they said no gameplay changes. But...

1. Lots of ball warping.

2. The fast break set plays (where your bigs would set picks in transition) has completely disappeared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #76
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
No change at all for me

Default clothing
Can't join friends online
Corrupted saves
No NBA highlights

Good patch....

Edit: I tried deleting and reinstalling the game completely, and it seems to have fixed my issues (not including corrupted saves)
Corrupted saves don't seem to be 2K's. Sony issued a statement that it is a firmware issue on the ps4. I'll see if I can find the announcement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Corrupted saves don't seem to be 2K's. Sony issued a statement that it is a firmware issue on the ps4. I'll see if I can find the announcement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
But the rest of that stuff he posted is a 2k problem, and besides I don't even think the patch has dropped for PS4 yet. so obviously that's a 2k problem as well.

Last edited by MrMBrown; 01-24-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
No doubt in my mind 2k knows things are in rough shape. But ugh, from a business side not much they can say. I would love ronnie or someone say they *&#@ up but honestly it is what it is. Its not like they didnt try. Some really poor design desicions were made but to turn on themselves now no matter how they feel makes zero sense. Say nothing, hopefully change whats wrong and reap the praises from everyone when its done right. I truly believe thats what they do and i hope im not wrong. To come out at this point and admit the faults is opening so many doors to bad things its crazy. Nba2k has been riding a major high for so many years. Im pissed too people but EVERY franchise has effed up. EVERY ONE. This whole screw 2k im not buying it ever again nonsense has to stop. If all the VC money grab stuff is so prominent next year ill grab a pitch fork and join the mob but for now im willing to chalk the VC debacle as a mistake and the problems with the game as new generation growing pains. I see all these hardcore 2k fans so angry and ready to pull the chute on the franchise and its a little ridiculous.

fifa was praised on next gen but its honestly not a whole lot different from current gen. Madden was ripped a new one cause its the same as current gen. Nba2k tried to make a completely different experience than current gen and succeded in many ways. I remember when NHL adapted the skill stick and it was praised. So much that EA was so happy with the product they put the guy who came up with it(David Lipman or however you spell it) in charge of Nba Elite and it was a bust. What im saying is if you dont try things your called "stale". 2k could easily have done this with no competition but they didnt.

Honestly at this point with all the negative feedback im sure they wish they just ported current gen and put a little fresh paint on what was working. I for one am glad they didnt. Change comes with risk some good some bad. I think we are set up for the future. The best way we all learn is from our mistakes. If next year we are still at this point then ya, im gonna rethink my future purchases but as of now alot of people are sounding like spoiled brats. Just sayin.

Man,I tell you there is always that one person who will defend what's going on no matter what. I am tired of guys like you resorting to that "spoiled brats" nonsense because folks are complaining. They paid their money for something they expected to work......and it isn't working. And why guys like you seem to expect everybody to be okay with this....I just don't get that. This whole thing has been a disaster on so many levels and how people continue to defend this is beyond me. Sad thing is I don't think they'd be having all these issues if they had just let us save all of our stuff to our hard drives instead of going the always connected route and having everything go through their servers.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #79
Rookie

Ponchito's Arena

OVR: 0

Could someone please confirm if they can now advance in the Playoffs on MyGM?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchito
Could someone please confirm if they can now advance in the Playoffs on MyGM?
You know I never ran into that problem with the last patch. With that being said, I'll probably start having that problem the moment I install this update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »