Home

In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version?

This is a discussion on In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version?

To me, it's a little buggy and started out like crap but it's my top played game by far and I own 8 games on next gen. I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The reason I ask is I'm relatively new here and the sentiment I get is that people are generally down on the game. Not sure if it's just constructive but from an outsider it gives the vibe that people are disappointed.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg1234
To me, it's a little buggy and started out like crap but it's my top played game by far and I own 8 games on next gen. I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The reason I ask is I'm relatively new here and the sentiment I get is that people are generally down on the game. Not sure if it's just constructive but from an outsider it gives the vibe that people are disappointed.

Thoughts?
I enjoy the gameplay a lot and the graphics still impress plays the best so far IMO. I just hate the servers, always online, and vc stuff.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg1234

Thoughts?
I love it. I have been lucky and haven't gotten plagued by server issues at all. I have had the game since 12-27-13 and play it every day and have had any MAJOR problems. Wish they would fix the MyCareer free agency bug though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #4
MVP

It's not terrible, but it could be better, in all aspects. Feels like it took 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. I hear people say the gameplay is godly, and it's not bad, it's pretty smooth at times, but it has plenty of flaws that still haven't been addressed in years(terrible passing and rebounding, canimations etc.) and a few new ones. The server problems, glitches, and vc stuff are a completely different story. . .The game is like a really good looking girl, with terrible breath, bad acne, and a dull personality lol. Or a really great looking tricked out car, with a weak engine. Looks amazing, can be pretty fun, but has A LOT of issues plaguing it.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, I still don't understand why you have to be online to play against the freakin' computer. Makes ZERO sense. For instance, I turned it on tonight and it wouldn't let me play so I had to wait 20 minutes for some update. Ridiculous.

Love the gameplay but here are a few of my complaints. Anyone agree? Disagree?...It took me a few weeks to be able to beat the computer. On normal settings they make like 60+% of their shots. Unrealistic. Passing: everytime I have a 2 on 1 break I'll pass to the open guy and 75% of the time it'll randomly deflect off the defender and it'll say I threw a bad pass. Defending: In mycareer, it's so damn frustrating who they have you mark. Many times when there's ball screens you pretty much have to guess who to go after. Sometimes they switch, sometimes not. And on transition it'll have you mark a guy and at the last second switch you to marking a guy who's just nailing an open jumper and your score goes down. Also, I always press X in between plays to speed up the replays, stats, etc, and it docks me points for "bad call for pass". There should be no such thing in the first place. Everybody in the NBA calls for the ball. Pisses me off.

Wish they would fix things like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Are you on ps4? If so the update was the new patch

Galaxy Note 2
Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

For my part the answer is easy, i didn't buy the game and the ps4.

The first time i watched Jordan on youtube on next gen i was going to vomit!!

So no, i ain't no joke!!

I don't understand people bought this game!!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #8
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
For my part the answer is easy, i didn't buy the game and the ps4.

The first time i watched Jordan on youtube on next gen i was going to vomit!!

So no, i ain't no joke!!

I don't understand people bought this game!!
So the question wasn't for you then...I mean....

--------------------------------------------->
Anyway, back on topic:

I do like the gameplay. The pick-and-roll is the best I've seen in a while. At first, I used to try to turbo into the pick to come off of it clean and fast, but I realized that was a mistake. When you wait for the pick, and you set your man up to actually get caught, the separation is pretty well done & the screener actually has room to roll to the basket.

Denying the pick is also pretty nice when the player guarding the screener steps up to stop my dribble and trap. Rotations are a little off when that happens tho.

Players space the floor in the PnR better this gen than last one. Still some silliness, but I can usually find someone spotting up for an open 3 if I need to pass out of it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »