Home

2K is ridiculously stingy with VC

This is a discussion on 2K is ridiculously stingy with VC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2K is ridiculously stingy with VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
lol that's ****ing bull****.

NBA 2K14 is 2K's best-selling installment in the franchise yet –– the publisher sold-in more than 5 million units to retail stores since its October release, according to a Take-Two earnings report.

The newest franchise entry, parent company Take-Two's first title for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, elevates the basketball series' total units sold to nearly 35 million. The recent sales, along with strong support from Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto V, continued sales from Gearbox's Borderlands 2 and Firaxis' XCOM: Enemy Within, contributed to a net revenue of $1.86 billion for Take-Two's fiscal year.

They earned 1.86 BILLION dollars last fiscal year. Of course GTA5 is a big part of that but so is 2k.

5 million copies sold and counting.. do the math.
Glad someone responded to that foolish post, it reeked of a small child who knew nothing of business
Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
A lot of development companies have gone under recently because the 60 for a game doesn't keep their lights on.
I would say it has more to do with studios hiring 200-300 people to work on a game for 2 to 3 years then getting disappointed when their game "only" sells between 1 million and 2 million copies.

Meanwhile, there are companies like Atlus that have been around for 25 years and continue to be profitable without selling more than 1 million copies of any single release. Atlus' best-selling game of all-time, Catherine, had around 800,000 worldwide sales.

Survival in this industry is all about resource management and risk management. If too many companies are striking out right now, it's because they are coming to the plate trying to hit a home run with every swing.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 19

just ignore the vc system and just play the game
I just play the game earn vc but ignore buying anything vc. Ive never spent vc ever.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #20
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fame614
If you have a problem with it don't play it...complaining won't get you no where you sound like a female... But on subject why is it a rush the next game doesn't come out till OCTOBER I'm a 73 and 25 games in and haven't played still coming off the bench its a 82 game season and I balance my vc points in between my gm and my career look at the real NBA they are modeling it around the development of NBA players in real life
the problem is (at least with my career) is that you essentially come into the league with the talent level of an 8th grader. adding the cost of everything it takes a long time to develop into an *average* player and it gets old.

personally i would rather they actually do model it after realistic development. for starters you should be able to choose the kind of player you want to be. do you want to step in and be the next lebron or mj? do you want to be a career role player or sixth man? stats should not necessarily always be low. some people want to be a prodigy. next maybe they can take a page from ncaa footballs road to glory and play a season for a college team (even if its fake colleges and players) that can determine your draft stock. then to develop your skills and ratings you have to actually practice those skills. instead of having a coin system that you can spend on any attribute (highly unrealistic) you have to actually practice to get better at something.

i dunno just my two cents.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
the problem is (at least with my career) is that you essentially come into the league with the talent level of an 8th grader. adding the cost of everything it takes a long time to develop into an *average* player and it gets old.

personally i would rather they actually do model it after realistic development. for starters you should be able to choose the kind of player you want to be. do you want to step in and be the next lebron or mj? do you want to be a career role player or sixth man? stats should not necessarily always be low. some people want to be a prodigy. next maybe they can take a page from ncaa footballs road to glory and play a season for a college team (even if its fake colleges and players) that can determine your draft stock. then to develop your skills and ratings you have to actually practice those skills. instead of having a coin system that you can spend on any attribute (highly unrealistic) you have to actually practice to get better at something.

i dunno just my two cents.
So you want to do stupid mini games after each game instead of a simple points system that takes two seconds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #22
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Dude, playing a shooting drill and getting good made you a better shooter. Doing dribbling drills made you a better ball handler. It actually made sense.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #23
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

If you really want VC, use TheDooogs method... getting 1200-1600 atm (though only about 1000-1300 initially, it varies). Takes about 15 minutes when you count the 5 minute wait. Also, as a 73 overall player, you can dominate offensively by dumping a ton of points into your mid-range shot... a 90 mid-range at all star level is racking up a ton of points. lol

It's still only around 400-450 VC every game... if that depending on how your team plays. >_>

My SF is on the 76ers, meaning I still lose more than win unless I drop 40-60 points a game, still only pull it out by 2-3 at times.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #24
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
So you want to do stupid mini games after each game instead of a simple points system that takes two seconds?
if were talking about being true to real life then absolutely. why should someone who puts no effort to develop their shot become a top rated 3pt shooter? i highly doubt ray allen got good at shooting because he had a lot of money. just the same most players dont see anywhere close to as big of a jump from the time they enter the league until retirement as what is possible with the current system.

not to mention the way the story is set up you get an invite to the rookie showcase because of your talent. yet your actual skill level is laughable in almost every respect. even if you choose to be athletic your physical attributes are sub-par. a lot of players are at or close to their physical peak in their first couple years. yet even an athletic sg or sf has less than 80 speed and quickness to start.

if they were really modeling after real life the system would reflect practice and hard work more than currency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »