Home

2K is ridiculously stingy with VC

This is a discussion on 2K is ridiculously stingy with VC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K is ridiculously stingy with VC

I wouldn't buy it. I want to play the games and enjoy it... not play mini-game haven with a game between all of the excessive BS mini-games, which they would likely ruin...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Dude, playing a shooting drill and getting good made you a better shooter. Doing dribbling drills made you a better ball handler. It actually made sense.
So as I said, you want a tedious and annoying repetitive process in which you constantly do the same drills over and over, rather than a points system?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:52 AM   #27
MVP

The way I would personally like to see it done would be upgrading through your gameplay. The more you do something the higher your skill rating for that thing will go. If you stop someone from scoring on defense a number of times then your rating for on ball defense will go up a point. Or if you are driving successfully more often then your layup ratings will go up.
The way I have this imagined would take forever to really upgrade your player so I doubt anything like this would ever happen. I also don't know how things like awareness or emotion would be upgraded so my idea probably wouldn't work well. I'm fine with the points system how it is now though.
Also I don't mind starting in the low sixties. Sure I can't shoot threes or finish in traffic but it's not hard to be effective still. You guys must have just started playing 2k because back in 2k11 you would start at ~35 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
The way I would personally like to see it done would be upgrading through your gameplay. The more you do something the higher your skill rating for that thing will go. If you stop someone from scoring on defense a number of times then your rating for on ball defense will go up a point. Or if you are driving successfully more often then your layup ratings will go up.
The way I have this imagined would take forever to really upgrade your player so I doubt anything like this would ever happen. I also don't know how things like awareness or emotion would be upgraded so my idea probably wouldn't work well. I'm fine with the points system how it is now though.
Also I don't mind starting in the low sixties. Sure I can't shoot threes or finish in traffic but it's not hard to be effective still. You guys must have just started playing 2k because back in 2k11 you would start at ~35 lol

Glad someone in this thread has a smart alternative
Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
I don't see anything smart for 2K here. They know that people will always buy VC, especially for My Team. But they already went to the edge, making VC yet more expensive and sell a pretty much unfinished game. They will sell less copies if they make VC even more expensive again, i'm pretty sure about this.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:02 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
I don't see anything smart for 2K here. They know that people will always buy VC, especially for My Team. But they already went to the edge, making VC yet more expensive and sell a pretty much unfinished game. They will sell less copies if they make VC even more expensive again, i'm pretty sure about this.

Isn't VC cheaper now than it was in 2k13?

Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #31
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
um you do realize you said my idea was boring and repetitive yet its the same concept. you improve your ratings by performing actions relating to said rating...if you want to improve faster then you can do practice drills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
um you do realize you said my idea was boring and repetitive yet its the same concept. you improve your ratings by performing actions relating to said rating...if you want to improve faster then you can do practice drills.
No your idea isn't the same, his idea can work during an actual game, yours is a stupid drill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »