Home

Audio Dropping on NBA 2K14 on PS4 (HDMI)

This is a discussion on Audio Dropping on NBA 2K14 on PS4 (HDMI) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #49
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Audio Dropping on NBA 2K14 on PS4 (HDMI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
I've had this issue since whatever the update was that caused it, had the game since day one, randomnly looses audio,

anyone have a fix?
Yep. Go back to 2k14. Better game anyhow
Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #50
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
So you guys ALL have PS4's and the sound drops? Crowds...arena? IF so that's CRAZY that 2k wont fix it. If I had a PS4 I'd be severely P.O'd
Happens every single game. All the sound drops. My receiver has a blue light for my surround sound when it is hooked up with Dolby/DTS and it clicks off if nothing is turned on or doesn't support, and when the sound drops my light clicks off entirely
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #51
Rookie

OhSillyRabbit18's Arena

I'm also having this issue. It's pretty annoying, and it even drops the audio from music app if I play music in the background on the PS4. It has to be only for 2k though because my other games have no issues with the audio...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea. Im glad I found this thread I 're calibrated my theater room 3 times changed audio type from Dolby touched every setting and gave up after coming to the conclusion its just that stupid game. I just play 2k with headphones and all other games take advantage of my setup. Hope it isn't in game next year.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #53
MVP

tnixen's Arena

It seems more and more likely that this is not going to be fixed!

Shame on you Sony and 2K!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #54
Just started!

Icon4 Re: Audio Dropping on NBA 2K14 on PS4 (HDMI)

Same problem. Panasonic TV. Problem is replicated with HDMI only and with HDMI and optical. I haven't tried optical with HDMI audio turned off. Also I have pass through the TV's speaker (OFF) with the TV's optical out and the problem persists.
I don't recall if it was a 2k or PS4 system patch, but these problems were introduced by one of them. It was perfect before.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Same. Just bought a PS4 and 2K14 last week. Played it for the first time two nights ago, and the audio skips throughout a basketball game. Quite annoying and feels unfinished and cheap. Also, I hate having to learn he new stick controls but that's another topic haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #56
Just started!

Just got a PS4 and NBA2k14 and it's happening to me as well. The receiver I have shows a dropped audio connection and connects back up every so often. Happens only a few times a game mostly, but some games it does it a lot so it varies. I opened a ticket and they suggested I reset my PS4 database, which I did with no luck. The next step is deleting the game data and having it reinstall it again. They say it wont delete my save data, so I'll give that a shot next when I have some free time. It took like an hour when I got the PS4.

Personally I think there is a corrupt/missing audio file, and when it plays the PS4 doesn't know what to do so it resets the audio stream causing all the audio to drop. Before the patch maybe it never reset the stream when it encountered an audio error.

Just my thoughts on it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »