Home

The Park is a joke!

This is a discussion on The Park is a joke! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #33
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Park is a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
The got next stuff is pretty realistic but I will say this about the system. The fact that you can lose and then go over and spam A to get next after those who were waiting to call next after those who were currently next is stupid. (I think that made sense)

My record in the park is currently 90-16 and that's not counting the other times it got cleared, I would say I played around 200 games or so. My biggest gripe in all the games I've played is simply the community.
Yup. I understand exactly what you're saying. More of a community thing then a 2k issue. But at the same token you can't expect Grown Men/Teenagers with their egos on 100 to wait 30mins after they lost by one point to get a rematch.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #34
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
The Park is a joke!

Waiting on a game is realistic, but it's a realistic element that shouldn't be apart of a video game.

RaiderPhantom put it best.

I'm all about options, so if people want to wait on games and do "Winners" they can keep that. But make it where someone can get into a game asap if they'd like. Some people don't have time to wait 10+ minutes to play a mode in a video game.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 07-28-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #35
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Waiting on a game is realistic, but it's a realistic element that shouldn't be apart of a video game.

RaiderPhantom put it best.

I'm all about options, so if people want to wait on games and do "Winners" they can keep that. But make it where someone can get into a game asap if they'd like. Some people don't have time to wait and play a mode in a video game.
Lobbies lobbies lobbies lobbies lobbies lobbies.

Give me a lobby over a park any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #36
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

lol simulating waiting in line to get into is such an awful unnecessary feature for a video game. It adds nothing meaningful to the gameplay experience, it just makes more tedious. This is like the equivalence of simulating real life traffic laws in GTA.

Give me the convenience of being able to instantly connect to a match with whoever I want to play with anyday of the week.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #37
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
I've seen three of the four things you've mentioned.
If hair color wasn't in the game people would complain about it.

Do you have a better idea? Remember 100plus people 7 courts. The got next feature was a great idea it's just flawed.
First of all, who's gonna complain you can't make your hair green or purple? That's just dumb.

And there's never more than 70 people in a park, and no one's ever at 5 on 5. So you got about 50 people trying to play on the 4 three on three courts.

I do got a better idea, join a lobby with your friends then choose what mode you wanna play (3v3, 5v5, 2v2) then join the game. No waiting.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #38
Rookie

I'm not even going to talk about how bad the gameplay is.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #39
Rookie

I'm not even going to talk about how bad the gameplay is.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #40
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
lol simulating waiting in line to get into is such an awful unnecessary feature for a video game. It adds nothing meaningful to the gameplay experience, it just makes more tedious. This is like the equivalence of simulating real life traffic laws in GTA.

Give me the convenience of being able to instantly connect to a match with whoever I want to play with anyday of the week.
I heard Netflix is trying to simulate going to the movies, so they are releasing a new feature where you wait in a digital queue, and get a ticket for the movie you want to see. Then you have to wait for at least 9 other users to want to watch that same movie before it starts. Either that, or it starts at a predetermined time like in a real theater, instead of that unrealistic "on-demand" nonsense. You can even "camp" in line overnight for a new release to make sure you get in before it's sold out. It's going to be awesome.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 07-28-2014 at 08:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »