Home

pnr play type

This is a discussion on pnr play type within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #57
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: pnr play type

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I've asked and wanted this for last few years. It's best way IMO. Separating this like that also means if the user messed up and hit the wrong play button at least he knows for example that he would still get a 3pt play for Ray Allen which is what he originally wanted although it is the wrong play rather than a pnr play that he didn't want. Plus it ends up being less pages of plays so instead of 7 pages of plays mixed together you get 2 pages of 8 3 pt, pnr, etc with way less confusion. In the end you end up with 5 less button presses if you were to call a play on page 7.

On another note love the idea of makin a read when pick is set. I have hated the hold the button for this long to get this action idea. Plus I always thought the window for this was to small. I could never get the guy to do what I wanted with quick pnr so I'd always have to call a play where I knew if he would pop or roll pre determined.

1 last thing I have wanted was ability to decide in quick pnr which side I wanted the pick to be set with either left or right or even a flat screen.
Vann that is about as good as it gets as calling plays hopefully it makes into this game
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

What are your thoughts ?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:16 AM   #59
Rookie

What are your thoughts ?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #60
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikwelity
If it comes off of a missed shot and a defensive rebound, it will be freelance almost 100% of the time. Different teams have different philosophies on what the bigs do, in the sense that some like the first big to rim run every single time, and other teams give him the freedom to set a drag screen, but your early offense is either going to be a drag screen by the first big, a drag screen by the trail big, or a double drag.
Some teams also incorporate freelance pistol action, too. D'Antoni was a huge proponent of this, and his teams ran it 20-30 times a game. The Clippers with Doc are the biggest users of this currently.
I think were saying the same thing but differently. I am speaking again in terms of video games. I don't consider an NBA team selecting from a group of actions they practiced earlier to be "freelance" in video game terms.

So when I say NBA teams don't "freelance" after a missed shot what I mean is they have actions or series they CAN choose to run but they don't make them up as the game goes along. In video game terms that is what I mean by freelance.

IE if you watch the same team over multiple games you will be familiar with what actions they prefer to run after missed shots in transition.

Which seems to be what your saying as well.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #61
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
if you watch the same team over multiple games you will be familiar with what actions they prefer to run after missed shots in transition.
Like that delay PnF Dallas and San Antonio run for Dirk and Duncan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #62
Rookie

What are your thoughts ?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #63
Rookie

What are your thoughts ?
Old 07-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #64
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Actually I think teams Freelance the most in setting up early offense/transition b/c we seen how much freedom players have in that type of system. What im saying is that Everybody has the SAME SETS in 2k (especially when you choose and early offense set) and the players are positioned based on what the PLAY CALLS for them to BE according to POSITION not where they TEND to spot up or where they would like to cut.

Im trying to make myself clear like, some plays call for the SG to be the primary ball handler in a pick n roll situation but we all know that MANU is that guy BUT danny green's play type may be 3pt and PICK n ROLL for instance and even though we all know that Danny Green does not run pick n roll that often b/c he has that in his play type he's basically play the role of MANU b/c the play is ran for the SG PERIOD so who ever is at that postion has that play type PERIOD is going to be put in situations that they dont tend to do in real life, so then you have a Danny Green bringing the ball up court more then Tony playing another mans role b/c their may not be enough tendencies or maybe they just need to assign plays to a SPECIFIC player instead of position to make sure everybody is playing their role.

However sigh, in that early offense it just seems like whoever has the ball whether they like to pick n roll or not they are thrown in that situation in transition though. Do you see what i mean Czar..........LOL
Ok I got you now.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »