Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #73
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
2K needs to step their cover art game up. I've seen custom covers wayyyy better then their super basic covers.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #74
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I answered your question and you wanted to say something similar to that? So you were looking for a moment to stick up for 2K? Bruh, I see your ways on this forum. Attack the Live game. Defend the 2K game. I'm really not that guy. I'm on my chill.

But switching lanes - the reason for Barkley being omitted was unclear. Back to my original thought - 2K can find a deal to get Grammy winning producers to pick songs for their soundtrack but can't find a way to come to agreement to put NBA legends in the game.

You do know there is a thing called negotiations, right?

Edit: And I don't mind Pharrell being in the game - I'm a hip hop fan so its a win for me - except if they add 'Happy' ... seriously ....

LMAO. Yes because there isn't documented proof on this site of me calling out 2K when it's warranted. Keep the other game out of here because it has nothing to do with anything. Your answer sucked because it omitted the fact that the only legends that anybody cares about not being in the game are Barkley and Reggie who don't want to be in the game. Furthermore you don't even know how much Pharrell is getting paid and what that price is in relation to what some random legend may be asking for his likeness to appear in the game. For all you know, it costs more for a legend's likeness as opposed to Pharrell slapping a couple songs on a piece of paper for them to go get.

But whatever bruh, I've spent too much time on this already.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #75
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

They should get some region specific covers going. They did it with nhl 2k and the show doesn't know. They should get demar Derozan on the cover for Canada, gasol/Rubio for Spain etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #76
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

I am done with this franchise, for the two years in a row the soundtrack consisted of nothing but recent pop hits and commercialized BS, but hopefully Pharrell doesn't repeat history. They keep spending probably a majority of their resources on getting some big pop image and slapping it on the cover to sell more copies so that they can get their greedy, grubby hands on more money. You'd think that they'd be fine with the earnings they're making on the sales of the game itself, but no, they are selfish enough to ask you to buy a $60 shell of game with the game play being sub-par, but if you use a decent slider set and rosters other than 2K's it makes the gameplay okay but to enjoy the full experience of their cheesy as hell, boring, and repetitive MyCareer, MyGM which takes away the control of association so you can manage a team from the point of the GM by managing the finances, but couldn't you do a majority of this in association already, and lastly probably the "best" game mode which in no regards resonates fun is MyTeam which features ridiculous prices for player packs and relies on the 2K servers which I think speak for themselves if you even try to play the game online. But to play all these, you must and I mean you have to buy VC. And if you think you can play the game and want to be rewarded and to earn it. Oh no you're sadly mistaken it takes probably a month of game play to earn maybe 120,000 (just an estimate after it took me all day to earn 4,000 of these BS credits) which sadly you can't unlock everything at this rate so it forces you to buy VC and you're going to have to buy a lot to have fun. I understand that they're a company and have to make money, but this is just ridiculous, and definitely not consumer friendly.

Last edited by steelers99_58_36; 07-16-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

^What does that have to do with the soundtrack?

Yeah, the more recent 2k soundtracks have been more meh, IMO. i feel like 2k10 was one of the last ones with a mix of a lot of underground stuff. BUT, pharrell is a solid choice, and i get that some of ya'll feel like 2k has gone more mainstream/generic with music. But pharrell isn't just some pop artist, he's a really damn great producer and he's done all kinds of styles of music. I guess some of you guys only know about "happy"(which really isn't a terrible song) but if that's the case, you really don't know much about pharrell, he's done MUCH more than that.

Either way, this is one of the last things i really care about for 2k15. The soundtrack could consist of farting noises and i wouldn't care if they addressed issues with the actual game lol.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #78
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
^What does that have to do with the soundtrack?

Yeah, the more recent 2k soundtracks have been more meh, IMO. i feel like 2k10 was one of the last ones with a mix of a lot of underground stuff. BUT, pharrell is a solid choice, and i get that some of ya'll feel like 2k has gone more mainstream/generic with music. But pharrell isn't just some pop artist, he's a really damn great producer and he's done all kinds of styles of music. I guess some of you guys only know about "happy"(which really isn't a terrible song) but if that's the case, you really don't know much about pharrell, he's done MUCH more than that.

Either way, this is one of the last things i really care about for 2k15. The soundtrack could consist of farting noises and i wouldn't care if they addressed issues with the actual game lol.
I was just pointing out that there are much more important things to spend their budget on rather than the soundtrack which has wound up being sub par for the last few years.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 AM   #79
MVP

Im hoping Tit for Tat by Fabolous is on there. Produced by Pharrell. Old but still my ish, & Pharrell killed the beat breakdown at the end
Old 07-16-2014, 04:08 AM   #80
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

Not to disrespect, but this cover looks amateur as hell. It honestly looks like a fan edit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »