Home

Association vs MyGM

This is a discussion on Association vs MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which did you prefer?
Association 102 91.89%
MyGM 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #25
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Association vs MyGM

dont get me wrong here, i have no real issue with myGM other than the fact that i cant control more than 1 team or the fact that trade/draft/free agent aquisitions for the CPU is possibly the most annoying thing in any game ive played consistantly

if they bring back 30 TC, i would welcome myGM back with open arms, because i do enjoy the RPG style element of it. I want sim, and if it were real world i wouldnt just be the greatest GM ever the day i was hired. I like having to earn trust and what not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #26
Rookie

Coltsnpacers's Arena

OVR: 0

MyGM is boring. Association is the way to go with customization.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really, realllly hope 2K is looking at this poll. The thing that is going to push me from 2K to Live is if I'm stuck without a 30TC and customisable association. I resorted to the PC version of 2k14 because of it.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
dont get me wrong here, i have no real issue with myGM other than the fact that i cant control more than 1 team or the fact that trade/draft/free agent aquisitions for the CPU is possibly the most annoying thing in any game ive played consistantly

if they bring back 30 TC, i would welcome myGM back with open arms, because i do enjoy the RPG style element of it. I want sim, and if it were real world i wouldnt just be the greatest GM ever the day i was hired. I like having to earn trust and what not

Yes. Realism = 30 team control.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #29
Rookie

Association.

i loaded up 2k14 on my pc this weekend 'cause i was bored with the PS4 version. in no time i was able to load up an older roster and actually navigate thru the past couple years of drafts. aside from that, it took no time to sim a handful of seasons.

after a little bit i popped in 2k14 on my PS4 and gave MyGM a fresh start. it took so gd long just to do anything because every single move required syncing to the servers. not to mention the rosters are just a mess. there's no easy way to tell if the roster you're about to download is even correct. this is before you get into how the game is physically quick to navigate on the PC version.

2k took a massive step backwards, imo, with MyGM. too much time is lost 'connecting to servers' and all that other BS. this is just 1 of the many issues with MyGM.

contracts / bartering / trades are all a mess and 2k should've just waited a year before FORCING this mode onto everyone.

it's a shame because the PS4 version feels better when actually playing games (not that these don't have their own host of issues).

Last edited by ryantheplague; 08-04-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #30
Rookie

just bring back multi-player, either association or mygm
Old 08-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #31
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
if you choose mygm over 30TC association you are the reason why 2k is going down a dark hole
This. I used to think 30 team control was too daunting. But when I finally bit the bullet in 2K11 and started an Association with 30TC, I fell in love and now I can't see how anyone would prefer an NBA video game Association mode to be any other way. Instead, in this game, you get things like the Heat signing Andrew Bogut, starting him at center and Battier at PF, while Chris Bosh for some stupid reason is relegated to 12 minutes a game off the bench. Or the Jazz miraculously landing LeBron, and pushing Gordon Hayward down to 12-15 minutes a game. Or the Bobcats drafting Joel Embiid then proceeding to play him 6 minutes per game his rookie season because he can't get on the floor behind Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller, and Bismack Biyombo.

By year two the rotations are a mess and are absurdly comical, and by year three a lot of rosters start to look like teams just started throwing darts at headshots of all the FA's that off-season and signing which ever ones they hit. There's no semblance of putting together a well-balanced, cohesive roster, and instead you get a team with 5 PGs and once center (which I saw happen to the Warriors in year three of a MyGM).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #32
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Poll indicates that the majority of us don't like where 2K is headed this generation. I know we have only had one game and we are barley through the first full year of the new consoles but the direction they are taking is poor. How did we go from 2K11,2K12 & 2K13 to this PS4 mess of an NBA game with cloud saves and whatnot. Anyway I have tried MyGm several times it is just way too boring. Association was great with all the customization it aloud you to do. I loved throwing all the legends into the mode doing a fantasy draft and just having a good time with that. Now its not even possible to do that. The AI stuff in MyGM is beyond a joke and this is what 2K expects us to pay money for let alone expect us to shill out for VC to purchase upgrades for the mode. I doubt we see any changes until sales dip in a big way because big sales tell them this is the direction to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »