Home

2K14 is Take Two's BEST Selling Sports Game ever

This is a discussion on 2K14 is Take Two's BEST Selling Sports Game ever within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
2K14 is Take Two's BEST Selling Sports Game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I think it would have been easyer for people to swallow the game's issues if the game hadn't been hyped the way it had been and if VC hadn't been implemented everywhere. (Sorry if the conjugation is wrong)

Definitely agree with the VC point...but saying 2k "hyped the game too much" is some thing I've seen said a couple of times around here...but it doesn't really make sense...hype is relative, they can't implant hype into your brain...but their marketing team will do their job and big the game up (as they should). I don't remember the last commercial that said "well, our product is alright, buy it if you get the chance". Getting hyped up is 100% in your control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #82
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2K14 is Take Two's BEST Selling Sports Game ever

Oh I agree. I just think it didn't help 2K's cause.

Personally I didn't get the game and I was saying to people to chill and to not expect too much of the game. The hype was unbelievable in here.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #83
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

With NBA 2K14's Huge Success, Why Doesn't 2K Make More Sports Games?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wit.../1100-6421599/
Quote:
The bulk of what we do around here is our owned intellectual property; by definition, a sport is a licensed property, so we have to be exceedingly selective in our licensing, and the company has a history around that," Zelnick said. "Generally speaking, I think this is a very disciplined--sometimes to a fault--management team, and that applies to the sports business.

"But I don't want that to be confused with a lack of ambition, because we are very, very ambitious to grow the enterprise."

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 08-09-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 2

I think that to get hyped its a good thing. It's the job of the marketing team and I expect a little bit of it every year as that means the new game is promising, at least on paper.

In fact I got hyped last year when I read we were going to have online leagues in 2k14 next-gen, that made it a day 1 purchase for me, what I couldn't imagine then was what we actually got as 'online leagues'... I was hoping at least something similar to what we had in 2k11, but not a barebones mode without the customization we sim gamers need to enjoy it...

So this year I hope 2k15 will be deeper and more polished than last year, I will probably get hyped again, but I learned a lesson, so I will wait until I can see what I am getting (if need be I will rent it) before I purchase, facts over words...

Cheers!

Last edited by Guard-ian; 08-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #85
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

For me personally, I know I can still get a good game in with 2k. I think you just have to play basketball, when you slow the game down, put yourself in position to defend shots and grab rebounds, the game is enjoyable. I feel like you have to play a specific way to experience these games. I'm someone that's always on hall of fame difficulty and even though I can win, the experience isn't enjoyable and I really learned to not judge the game off that setting because that's where you'll see some bs, playing on superstar when I want to relax has changed my opinion on 2k14 slightly, because online is still a mess.

So basically try to play on a setting you find enjoyable and you can always adjust sliders if it gets too easy.

Last edited by jersez; 08-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »