Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #57
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
...he's all about realistic basketball, and his understanding of basketball fundamentals and strategy is on another level, since he'd played professionally. ...
Quoted for truth.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 08-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #58
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Quoted for truth.
Hope he has had input on gameplay as well as what you are working on. I want to see masterpiece this year!

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 3

if 2k15 starts with ps3/360 2k14 as a base the defense will be more than adequate. as ive said it actually has more defense animations than the ps4 edition.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #60
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Fix the double jumping big men (after falling for a pump fake) also fixing the charges so its realistic too. People take more charges than a credit card on 2k14
Old 08-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #61
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Sounds like good news.

Since Scott OG has played pro-ball before, hopefully he will help the 2K engineers fix a few gameplay issues, like…

1 - Our CPU teammates need to ’meet the pass’ much more often (instead of running BEHIND their defender, causing a turnover / bad pass)

2 - Fix the the CPU’s tendency to 'bully' its way deep into the paint, through lots of traffic, whenever it needs to score. CPU PGs constantly forcing their way into the paint during crunchtime is highly annoying. (Where is the CPU's ability to take mid-range jumpers? Or make a few moves from the high-post?)

Look at this video of Carmelo Anthony throwing up all kinds of shots from mid-range.
Heavily Contested. With accuracy.

The CPU barely ever does stuff like this. (smh)

No matter WHO we play against, the CPUs entire offense consists of either alley-oop dunks, 'floaters' in the paint, or 'forced layups' that score, or get kicked out for 3-pointers. Not much else.

When was the last time you saw the CPU actually 'pump fake' a 3-pointer, then step-in for a closer shot, off the glass? Or use the high-post to shoot an 'escape-dribble' fadeaway over a defender standing right in front of it?

Think about it. Seriously.

3 - The CPU constantly receives a ‘blocking foul’ against us, whenever it fumbles the dribble anywhere NEAR the baseline. This HAS to stop. (see issue #2, above)

4 - Changing ‘direction’ on defense, should be much quicker. Players should run & pivot smoothly, more like how the soccer players in FIFA 14 can pivot on a dime with 'precision movement'.

5 - Fix reaction times to ‘loose balls’. CPU opponents consistently grab about 85-90% of all ’50/50’ balls. (Meanwhile our CPU teammates rarely EVER beat the CPU opponents for ‘loose balls’ that are right in our hands)

6 - Stop making us get penalized for playing solid defense, without spamming the steal button. If we block a shot, the CPU reacts waaaay too quickly. Giving the CPU an unfair competitive advantage. (I often block shots and watch the CPU opponent literally grab the ball before its feet even hit the ground & shoot again… as my own player reels backward, stuck in a ‘canamation’, and is unable to get back into the play before the CPU can score uncontested. This HAS to stop. )

7 - Fix the ‘psychic’ CPU defenders who can knock down (or intercept) passes thrown from behind, during a transition breakaway / or outlet pass. (CPU instantly defends a fast break without even facing the player who passed the ball. This HAS to stop. )

8 - Fix player momentum during a fast break. Both my player & my teammates are FORCED to stop running hard on a fast break, if a defender comes within a few feet from him. Even if my player is several steps ahead of a defender.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 08-13-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
You won't have to wait until 2K16. He has already helped me immensely with features I've worked on. His basketball knowledge, understanding of how basketball video games work and willingness to help have been invaluable. And I can't speak for others, but I'm pretty sure his contributions are all over the game considering how hard I've watched him work with everyone here since the first day.

He has an amazing passion for the game, he's driven and he never says no when you want to throw an idea against him and discuss it for hours, nor does he shy away from bringing up and working with us on all the ideas he has.

An incredible addition to the team.
He's been there a week, 2 weeks at best. OG can't fix bugs in code....
Old 08-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1
Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Quoted for truth.

So the return of an enhanced Defensive Settings?

Please please please please.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #64
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti34
He's been there a week, 2 weeks at best. OG can't fix bugs in code....
He's more like a basketball expert/consultant with some knowledge of animation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »