Home

NBA2K15 running (sprinting) animation issue

This is a discussion on NBA2K15 running (sprinting) animation issue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K15 running (sprinting) animation issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I agree that the next big improvement gameplay wise is a complete overhaul of the turbo. I thought about it the other day and I was thinking that I would like something called like "Explosive step" rather than turbo where you tap the button controlling your player's steps rather than having it as a linear acceleration. Think of it kind of like gears in a racing car (not exactly). Depending on the player's explosiveness it would take you from 3 to say 6 or 7 steps to reach full speed and you would feel the player explode as he plants his feets.

Just an idea but the Turbo feature is completely outdated now and they will have to come up with something better than that wether it is animation wise or control wise.
That's a cool idea.i think i played a fifa that use turbo the same way you described. the quicker you pressed turbo, the faster the soccer player runs.

Last edited by Kaynogamez; 08-17-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

agree 100%. I sincerely hope a dev sees this as well. Maybe someone should tweet them or something. We keep getting hundreds of new dunk and dribble and contact animations. How about 2 new run ones? Just saying
Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
Banned

Lefto, beluba and scott we need you here lol or anybody who can send this to them we will appreciate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

It's best to have a youtube video of the problem and tweet it to him.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I agree that the next big improvement gameplay wise is a complete overhaul of the turbo. I thought about it the other day and I was thinking that I would like something called like "Explosive step" rather than turbo where you tap the button controlling your player's steps rather than having it as a linear acceleration. Think of it kind of like gears in a racing car (not exactly). Depending on the player's explosiveness it would take you from 3 to say 6 or 7 steps to reach full speed and you would feel the player explode as he plants his feets.

Just an idea but the Turbo feature is completely outdated now and they will have to come up with something better than that wether it is animation wise or control wise.
I thought about the very same thing the other day. There is far too little difference between a full sprint using turbo and the normal running animation. Players with speed like Derrick Rose, Westbrook and Wall feel very off... there is just no explosion or second gear.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #14
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This may be a bit off topic but I think they should get rid of turbo all together and just have it triggered automatically. Lets call it "Smart Sprint™" I have no issue doing it this way but I'm sure people would cry for more control. I propose we have it as an option just like having absolute controls on the controller setting.

This should free up the turbo button for something else as well.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
Banned

The control is not broken, it's the clunky running animation we want them to get rid of and bring a more dynamic, modern and consistent look. also it should be more responsive and no more delay. Right now in NBA2K14 when you press turbo the player doest automatically runs there is a bit of delay. Once he starts the running animation it looks good but after 2 or 3 second he starts running like an old man clumsy, as if his back hurt or something . It doesn't make sense and looks ugly why?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This may be a bit off topic but I think they should get rid of turbo all together and just have it triggered automatically. Lets call it "Smart Sprint™" I have no issue doing it this way but I'm sure people would cry for more control. I propose we have it as an option just like having absolute controls on the controller setting.

This should free up the turbo button for something else as well.

I wrote a short blog about this and NOBODY listened LOL, I even made a control layout of new things that that turbo button could be used for. I wrote this back in 2012.

Remember when I was saying how it would be dope if you 2k add sig turbo running animations and using the sensitivity on the left stick for turbo(walk to gradual sprint) would free up the turbo button/right trigger well heres a few of the possibilities and combos they can hopefully consider by just setting turbo free.

ON OFFENSE

1. Pressing the right trigger would initiate the push dribble(not turbo)or switch hands, which could be useful on fastbreaks and even trying to split a double team or a pick n roll play(dwade).

2. Pressing the right trigger+left trigger with the right stick could be a passing modifier for flashy passes maybe using the method from Fight Night Champions.

3. Pressing the left trigger for isomotion

4. Tap A for a lob/ hold A for a bullet pass

5. Tap Y to tip rebound/ hold y to attempt to grab rebound.

6. Tap B for pass fake/ hold B for bounce pass...........?

ON DEFENSE

1. Press right trigger for shade modifier, I think this would work excellent with the left stick being turbo giving you the ability to go from slow shuffle to fast shuffle without actually having to press the left trigger but just pressing the right trigger.

2. Tap B to flop/ hold B to stay in charge posture.

3. Tap Y for less vertical (since the right stick allows to to stay grounded and contest) when attempting to block a shot making it a LITTLE easier to recover depending on the defender. holding Y for aggressive shot block attempt make it more like O shhhh help me help.(is this possible in nba 2k12 in that way?)

4. Tap X for reach attempt/hold X for grab foul, like trying to stop lebron or dwade on a fastbreak

FOR FUN

1. click the right stick for maybe even adding two player celebration such as chest bumps, fist bumps, get the crowd hype for changing the momentum after a big play or complaining. At your own risk(refs are watching).

hopefully 2k is reading its a new year! I think this would buried the competition

Peace

http://www.operationsports.com/DatGD...turbo-trigger/

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-17-2014 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »