Home

NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
just off the top of my head i can name 8 guys better than him but i aint bout to have this convo with you and get banned.
....Right.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #106
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0

duncan should be a 91 this is absurd

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-11-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
You would be surprised at what the coach rating can do to swing the overall team ranking.

I never knew what it meant to overall ratings or actual gameplay. I actually thought it only played a role to make sure when you sim games the right highly ranked team gets the better record. The team overall ranking is a black box like the individual overall rating that they never really explained.

Example the last time when the Sixers went to the playoffs they were winning games. They changed Doug Collins coaching rating for offense or defense and they went up without touching any player stats.
It means a lot. I have done very in depth ratings on my rosters for years and altering the coach ratings can dramatically impact a teams overall. That said, I don't know a great deal about David Blatt's coaching IQ, style or ability overseas, but I do know that he's never coached an NBA game in his life and should be rated as such. I am curious to see the ratings of rookie coaches this year.

So, it could be a combination of several factors...I overstated when I defined rebounding included in defense as the 'only' thing I could see having that impact.

The Heat took an entire season to gel initially and didn't really work until the second season saw D Wade intentionally shrink himself. The Cavs face an even greater challenge with all the high usage players on their team, which brings up another potential component impacting their ratings... team chemistry. I noticed in the K Love pic that their team chemistry was 92% by the end of that season. That seems a very optimistic number. I wonder what it is out the box.

Quote:
I'm with you I could see it being a problem, until we actually see them play anyways.. On paper they don't appear to be a top for 4..

But, Love definitely doesn't "detract" from last years defense, because they didn't give up anything from last years core to get him.
I see your point. But, they did give up Wiggins to get Love, and I guess what I mean is that prior to the Love trade, I might consider them a better defensive trade on paper than afterwards.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
One of the two best players.. So where does that leave Parker and Kawhi?

I guess those advanced stats don't show all value considering Kawhi was the finals MVP, he was the one defending the best player alive, etc.
Well, for me Manu was the finals MVP. I know, this is not a popular opinion, but as I said before, the Spurs are a better team when he is on the court.
(but Kawhi was great in the finals though)

But this discussion should end here, because it´s getting way off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfghsty
Don't flame me spurs fans lol, but Tim Duncan is not the 4th best all around player in the league.
As long as he isn´t a 30/15 player over a season, I´m fine.

I like to see how the new player rating system works before I judge it.
But when I´m reading the explanation, I´m very optimistic about it.

And Duncan still has huge impact on the Spurs, especially on Defense.
So if this overall 90 display this, I´m fine.

Like some guys said before, as long as Duncan is playing like Duncan, Parker like Parker, James like James, Love like Love etc. and as long as the Sim Stats are accurate, everything is fine.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1

People who use the ring argument are not thinking clearly. What does winning a championship in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007 have to do with how Tim Duncan is rated in a game that will be released in 2014? IMO, Tim Duncan is not a top 4 player in the league. The Spurs are the best team in the league with all-time great coaching. They don't have any of the top 4 players in the league as of right now.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #110
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
It means a lot. I have done very in depth ratings on my rosters for years and altering the coach ratings can dramatically impact a teams overall. That said, I don't know a great deal TO'sut David Blatt's coaching IQ, style or ability overseas, but I do know that he's never coached an NBA game in his life and should be rated as such. I am curious to see the ratings of rookie coaches this year.

So, it could be a combination of several factors...I overstated when I defined rebounding included in defense as the 'only' thing I could see having that impact.

The Heat took an entire season to gel initially and didn't really work until the second season saw D Wade intentionally shrink himself. The Cavs face an even greater challenge with all the high usage players on their team, which brings up another potential component impacting their ratings... team chemistry. I noticed in the K Love pic that their team chemistry was 92% by the end of that season. That seems a very optimistic number. I wonder what it is out the box.

I see your point. But, they did give up Wiggins to get Love, and I guess what I mean is that prior to the Love trade, I might consider them a better defensive trade on paper than afterwards.
I have to agree from all I have read he is a good coach. But I don't see top 4 defense. Kyrie is not a great on ball defender. Top defenses usually need a 2 good perimeter defenders or guys good at forcing TO's and stops top elite rim protection. I don't see that, I think they bumped his coach ratings to make sure it works I could be wrong but that makes sense
Old 09-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
just off the top of my head i can name 8 guys better than him but i aint bout to have this convo with you and get banned.

@eko, that 4th in defense for cavs scares the living crap out of me
Yeah, that seems contrived to me. I just don't see how their poor defensive personnel can equal 4th best D over teams that are known to be top defensive teams in the league.

Quote:
I have to agree from all I have read he is a good coach. But I don't see top 4 defense. Kyrie is not a great on ball defender. Top defenses usually need a 2 good perimeter defenders or guys good at forcing TO's and stops top elite rim protection. I don't see that, I think they bumped his coach ratings to make sure it works I could be wrong but that makes sense
They must have. Something is definitely amiss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #112
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
That doesn't mean he isn't a top SG in the league.
He's the 4th best player on the Spurs and would be the 2nd best player on many others.
If a 20 minute 10 PPG shooting guard is your second best player, your team is in trouble.

Manu being a top SG isn't saying much. Some claim that Klay is the second best SG with some credibility because the 2 guard position has a dearth of star quality. His current rating looks about right if durability/stamina/minutes factor in properly.

Turty, agreed on the Cavs' defensive rating. The whole knock against the Love trade before it happened was who would play defense beyond Lebron and a broken down Varejao? And Lebron's been coasting on defense this year. 4th? Featuring Love and Irving? Equivalent to the Warriors' top 3-4 defense last season? How?

Unless they are factoring in David Blatt's coaching. Which would be interesting since he coached a top defensive and offensive team with middling talent on the roster.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-13-2014 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »