Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #129
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

These gameplay videos rarely do anything for me anymore. I know what the game is going to basically look like in motion at this point. 2k15 will be a more polished version of 2k14. Basketball is basketball. How different a foot plant looks from 2k14 to 2k15 doesn't interest me whatsoever.

However, show me a video of what I can do in MyLeague/MyCareer this year and what it looks like IN MOTION, and I'm down for watching an hour of that.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #130
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
The problem with working the game from the ground up is that in the process they will be hurting the overall product for a few years. This is exactly what Live attempted and they still haven't recovered. 2k basketball is far from broken but with the game engine they are using they may never be able to take the game and genre to new heights. Their options are to either continue improving the formula, or start from scratch so that in a few years the game will reach a level that was previously not possibld due to the game engine.
They could still work with 2 diffrent development teams. Naughty Dog does that and 2k should be financialy secure enough to pull this off. Someday they just HAVE to and I'm sure they are not dumb enough to rebuild within a one year span.

Maybe they do this the very moment we're speaking. Guess I gotta put my hopes on 2k16.

This doesn't mean by any means that I won't addicte myself to 2k like in any year of recent memory, I just wish for that wow moment 2k7 gave me.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #131
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Basically everything I was going to say has been said, HOWEVER...to the people saying Kevin Love looks great, it's the EXACT same as last year. The only thing is they fixed w.e the hell was wrong with his eyes in 2k14 and now he doesn't look like he's about to fall asleep all the time. He has a entirely new haircut now so not only does that throw him off to me, but his headshape is weird, something about it doesn't look like him. Then there is the legacy issue 2k has with players' eye color. For whatever reason, stars can't get the correct eye color and Love is one of them:

Stephen Curry(hazel), Chris Paul(light brown), Kevin Love(blue)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #132
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't think I understand what "sliding/ warping" means to some people...seems like it's just the thing to say when some 2k footage is shown...
I gave a few specific examples from the video.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #133
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
Game looks better than last year, which is saying something. The offensive animations look smoother to me.

I love how people see a 4 and a half minute video and say there are no new gameplay improvements. Really people?
Ironically people have made crazier assumptions about the less than 2 minutes of footage we have seen from Live 15. Comments range from "this game looks like garbage. Live is dead." To 'Wow this game looks great! So many improvements over Live 14". IMO videos can only show you so much with sports games. Animations, graphical, and presentation improvements can be seen through video but it doesn't quite show how a game plays and feels, especially from short clips.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #134
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

looks to me like bigs run just as fast as wings still.

also why is kyrie not taking a wide open 3 at the beginning of the video.. you dont pass up that shot

Last edited by turty11; 09-11-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #135
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I gave a few specific examples from the video.

Just read it...think we look as sliding as two different things....it was clearly a bad transition animation WB did trying to get in between 2 players...I think things like that are going to happen,..it"a not like he slid to get in front of a Kyrie drive...

The Love example I agree with though, hadn't caught it the first time...suck in animation on the face up...games haven't seemed to figure out those kind if angles yet....

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-11-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still looks way too similar to the previous iteration to me. I think I'm getting a PS4 soonish, but I don't think I'll be picking this one up. I just hope something lights a fire under 2K soon, because the series just isn't moving enough for me at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »