Home

Game play and AI - Let's talk

This is a discussion on Game play and AI - Let's talk within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #33
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Game play and AI - Let's talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Base and Form are separately editable for NBA players in Edit Player. Don't have the details on the MyCAREER implementation.
oh god... thank you. assuming this applies to created players in MyLEAGUE/MyGM?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Base and Form are separately editable for NBA players in Edit Player. Don't have the details on the MyCAREER implementation.

Phew

Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

One thing I'd really like to see are more off ball fouls, to get realistic numbers when playing 12min quarters. Having all foul sliders maxed out now doesn't have realistic foul stats, and the cpu ai has needed improvement on handling foul trouble when it occurs. Also i'd love to see, more turnovers that aren't off steals such as reasonable errant passes of bounds, traveling, miscues, and 24 second violations. The only way to have realistic turnover numbers is to have high steal ones right now. The pass accuracy slider doesn't do much when lowered, except make routine close passes sail way over head, and mess up simple inbounds ridiculously. Lowering hands a bit helps a bit, but for everything else i've found a slider i'm happy with. I like the part where Da_Czar says the game/players are paced for 48min though. Sounds promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #36
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

"dump cheese" adressed...soo happy. as a strickly man to man on ball guy this tacktic annoyed me.Puting point of emphasis to focus on (center) helped with that. bUt im glad ai will be less abuseable and i will get rewarded for playing my own d
Old 09-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #37
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

My only Big problem with the A.I is the lack of pull up jumpers and moves to create space. I love how aggressive the cpu is but sometimes Wade, Harden , Kyrie, Stephen Curry will do step backs , crossovers and other moves to create space for a midrange jumper. I NEED to see that this year for me to enjoy the game to its fullest .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
My only Big problem with the A.I is the lack of pull up jumpers and moves to create space. I love how aggressive the cpu is but sometimes Wade, Harden , Kyrie, Stephen Curry will do step backs , crossovers and other moves to create space for a midrange jumper. I NEED to see that this year for me to enjoy the game to its fullest .
I'm tellin you dude, that was in 2K14. You just had to have the right tendencies.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #39
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I'm tellin you dude, that was in 2K14. You just had to have the right tendencies.
Never could find them I tried different ones . Thought 2k would be capable of having this right out the box. Don't they have STATS or something that tracks tendencies ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-26-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #40
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Never could find them I tried different ones . Thought 2k would be capable of having this right out the box. Don't they have STATS or something that tracks tendencies ?
With Beds on board hopefully we get proper tendencies and (god help me OS did this to me) proper equipment. It always bugged me that almost the whole league wore under armour shirts and only Bron and Kobe had the special treatment....

We get to see proper accessories on players this year right? right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »