Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 21st Overall Rated Player Through 30

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 21st Overall Rated Player Through 30 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 21st Overall Rated Player Through 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I disagree, but to each his own. I think he's more of an 82-83 type player. He may do a lot of things well, but there isn't much that he is elite at. To be anywhere near a 90 you should be an absolute team carrying player. Kawhi doesn't have that ability, I don't know if he will ever even be an elite second option on a team, despite who solid he is all around. Solid doesn't warrant high 80s-90s, elite level skills do.
NOT reppin for my team here, but Kawhi is VERY ELITE at defense. I wouldnt go 89/90 *yet*, but def 87.

PSN: Ultima_1986

"I’ma kill the game and invite witnesses, No death penalty, I’m givin’ life sentences"

Last edited by ultima86; 09-27-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #50
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 21st Overall Rated Player Through 30

Played nba 2k15 yesterday at EGX London. The game is SLIIIICK and looks gorgeous.

If anyone wants any ratings for players I'm here now just give us a shout. I'll do my best. I will try and get the ratings for the first 5 people.

It may be wrong as it's the demo but I doubt it.

All I know is The brows himself is 88

Also I'll try and get a pic of the all star teams.
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112

Last edited by Chin2112; 09-27-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:33 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I don't think Kawhi is up to PG and Melo's level quite yet. He's a very good, versatile player, but he's not a superstar. He might get there very soon (maybe even this season) but he's not there yet.
No, I don't think he's on Melo's level either as far as talking over games and being a superstar. But you people gotta remember we are talking OVERALL rating not ranking. That's why I didn't get so crazy when they showed Duncan's 90 rating because it may just mean he's high in many areas, doesn't necessarily mean he hes gonna be unstoppable like Kevin Durant. OVERALL is a combination of all stats, its the overall impact on the game and the team we're taking about. There's areas of the game that Melo doesn't excel at which is why his OVERALL IMO would be close to PG and Khawi (2 players that are GREAT at alot of things other than scoring).

Like I said I'm not a spurs fan, I respect them but I'm not a fan. But if you go back and look, there was a lot of games where Duncan showed his age and parker wasn't himself and they relied on Khwai heavily. In fact I could make a case that Khwai should be the highest rated player on his team and that Duncan and Parker OVERALL ratings should drop a little. But hey like I said this is just my opinion.

Last edited by gamingsinceatari; 09-27-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #52
Rookie

DeMar is going to be dangerous this year
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I don't think Kawhi is up to PG and Melo's level quite yet. He's a very good, versatile player, but he's not a superstar. He might get there very soon (maybe even this season) but he's not there yet.
I agree. Kawaii isn't at the superstar level yet. Honestly Paul George isn't there yet either. But he is closer. MELO is the only superstar out of the three and should be ahead of all of them. Kawais rebounding should be pretty good as well as his defense and dunking abilities though.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #54
Banned

Mike always had the best rosters for 2K, definitely a top 3 roster maker on OS. He is all about authenticity. I am not going to worry or complain one bit, because I know the players will be represented like their real life counterpart (unlike 2K Insider). I just wish 2K gave us the ability to change the overall number, regardless of attributes, that would cease all of the complaints!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
As a Raptors/Heat fan, I'm happy with where Derozan and Wade are.

The playoffs and missing 20-something games during the season for Miami's "maintenance" program probably have him in the mid-80s.

He's still an all-star caliber player, averaged 55% FG and 19ppg.

Most people didn't watch every game to see that he's still super efficient in scoring.

If I had to choose between Kyrie Irving and Wade, I'd still pick Wade right now because he's still more proven to be a winner (even though the playoffs showed otherwise).

Either way, if you know how to use certain teams, any single player can be a monster in 2K regardless of their OVR.
Thats what 2k is trying to get away from. Wade shouldnt be a consistent jumpshooter so if scoring is taking into consideration, he should be rated lower. His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim.
I've heard this mentioned more than once and it's not true. Wade's midrange shooting(41%) was actually better than Lebron's this past season(37%) and Wade shot better than Lebron everywhere around the basket except at the rim. His perimeter shot is a different story.

The only 'inconsistent shooting' with Wade occurs from 3pt range. And it can hardly be called inconsistent because it's not a shot that he takes often. Still, Wade did shoot 38% from 3pt range throughout the Playoffs.

Edit:

Quote:
His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim.
Most players who shoot a high percentage have that percentage bolstered by shots at the rim. But the suggestion that his efficiency is due mostly to shots at the rim is false. Wade's midrange shot accounted for 25% of his total shot attempts this past season where Lebron's midrange shot accounted for 17% of his total attempts. James Hardens midrange shot accounted for 12.45% of his total shot attempts. James Harden shot 40% from midrange, off of 39 fewer attempts than Wade.

Wade shot well every where except from deep 3pt range. 47% of his shots came from 5 feet or less last year, compared to 44% from Lebron. Outside of 5 feet from the basket, Wade shot 45% from the field. Lebron shot 40% and for the sake of comparison, Harden shot 39%. If we eliminate the deep 3 from the equation, Wade shot 46%, Lebron 41% Harden 41%. These last percentages are indicative of their shooting outside of 5 feet from the basket up to the 3 point line roughly.

Wade shot 55% overall last season, Lebron shot 57%. The argument "His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim" is more accurate for Lebron than it is for Wade, considering the stats I mentioned and the fact that Lebron shot 78% at the rim versus Wade's 68%. In 2K14, Lebron had better close and midrange numbers than Wade, along with many others who shouldn't have.

Last edited by eko718; 09-27-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #56
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I disagree, but to each his own. I think he's more of an 82-83 type player. He may do a lot of things well, but there isn't much that he is elite at. To be anywhere near a 90 you should be an absolute team carrying player. Kawhi doesn't have that ability, I don't know if he will ever even be an elite second option on a team, despite who solid he is all around. Solid doesn't warrant high 80s-90s, elite level skills do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kawhi is slept on so much. He is not a scorer at least in Pop's offense I can't see him being asked to do more because he doesn't need to be. I can't say he can be an Iso scorer but he actually is ranked very high in Iso scoring when he actually does it. When you break down his skills he can actually do a lot of things very well offensively and defensively

-He is a top 5 perimeter on ball defender at his position
-He can literally shoot from anywhere on the court but he is not a scorer in Pop's system. When Pop needs him to be a scorer and his shot attempts goes up that is when everyone will start to say he is elite and that will be the time Duncan has retired.
-He had 3yrs from a rookie to now shooting 38% from 3PT despite getting more attempts
-He is an elite transition finisher shoots 67% in transition last year
-He is a very good rebounder for his position
-He is a elite slasher too and finishing at the rim 70% at rim
-He is very good in steals finished 10th in steals per game
-He is a good shot blocker for his position
-Very good mid range game 50% from 16-23ft and 46% from 10-15ft
-He is actually good from the post as well shot 55% from the post which made up 8% of his possesions.
-He is very good defending pick and rolls which is huge IMO and part of why he is a very good defender
-Now he is not eilte dribbler I would say average dribbler but he actually did extremely well in Iso situations to score.
-He shot 52% FG and 80% at the line again very well.

Kawhi's game is not flashy and he may not get as many attempts so his points per game will not wow people but the stuff he does is elite whether people see it or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »