Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #81
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

@Czar

On last gen you could blow by a bad on ball defender, but couldnt on next gen 14. This hurt the pnr game on next gen. Has this been touched or is every big still a lock down perimeter defender with great defensive footwork? Hoping their is a difference between good and bad on ball defenders this year.

Oh yea, the 15 videos look great with the def rotations, weak side help defense especially.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
No. We really need to blow that out. With OG in house I don't think it will be long before you have a full suite of defensive options. After you guys get the game would be great to hear want your wishlist items are relating to strategical stuff on offense and defense.
I know you said time might not permit you to do a defensive vid, but cant you post a few nuggets for the defensive heads like myself. I know we have the settings back, and pick and roll i.q rating. what else might we get a kick out of? Id appreciate it.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-30-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #83
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Czar, amazing job as usual. But is it just me or do plays still seem to take really long to develop? I know a lot of the times the shot clock gets down to under 4 seconds, but if you try to actually run plays and such in 2K, that EVERY possession takes to the end of the shot clock.
Depends on what you call and when you call it to be honest. Those Heat plays were very involved and had several actions. In 2k14 you couldn't have completed half of that within the 24 second clock.

So we fit more in but even in real life there is no way to run that much action in 10 seconds.

So If wait until you cross half court and then call a play that your players are out of position for then yes that play will take while to develop.

Were not quite 1 to 1 yet with plays taking exactly how long they take in real life but It isn't that far off unless there is something I am missing.

I ran that heat play twice so you could see how the difference between the branch and non-branched play was and how seem-less it was even with all of that action.

You had a horns where post players flipped positions, Then set double ball screen, Then one post screened for the other to get open. Then the pass and catch, pass again to Wade for a pick and fade with Bosh.

Play was called with 17 seconds on the shot clock and Bosh had 5 seconds to score after receiving the fade pass. That was not possible in 2k14 and not every play has that much action to it.

The players can only move as fast as the motion system allows them to. So unless we sprint everyone everywhere I think it is as good as it can get this year.

Believe me I tried that but it just looked crazy guys sprinting everywhere and then the passes would take guys all out the way. Post players bumping like crazy. So I felt like this is the fastest we could do with the current motion system while still looking like hoops.

Multiple actions will take you deeper in the clock but like I said unless I am way off I don't think were that far away.

And compare that wade pnr to post up play to when Miami actually runs that. It takes ray a minute to cross the floor for the double screen. They run that with Lebron instead of Wade but I think we match up pretty well with reality admitting that there execution is faster than ours.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will the Blazers offense look anything like this in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY74uZBN3OE
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #85
Rookie

sniff sniff... so beautiful. freelance all day. imma try every team out but i like the pick n roll game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #86
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Game flows much better like an actual nba broadcast
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #87
Banned

WISports's Arena

Fantastic work Czar. Can't wait to play this bad boy

Last edited by 23; 09-30-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #88
Banned

WISports's Arena

Oops, wrong thread. Couldn't edit my post for some reason...hmm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »