Home

The Real Problem with "Got Next"

This is a discussion on The Real Problem with "Got Next" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #57
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Real Problem with "Got Next"

They should have a court for 21 up to 15 people while waiting

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #58
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
This is a ridiculous statement. So the laws of time can be ignored. Terrific. FIFA and NHL don't have this kind of mode where you can walk around and see other people playing in realtime.
But that's the thing: I don't think anyone wants to walk around in realtime and watch other people play. I said earlier if they gave us something to do during the down time (shoot around on other courts?) then the time would go by quickly. I have played countless games in real life and when I'm waiting for a court to open, I know I go to an open court and shoot around or maybe bring a football and throw it around with others who are waiting. Only when the game is winding down do I and most others watch because we know we're about to run.

And since this is a video game and not real life, I don't want to do the mundane parts. You don't see GTA games force you to gas up your car even though you know it needs it. Don't need to go grocery shopping or do the laundry. No one wants to do that. It's not fun. Neither is waiting around.

If this were typical of other multiplayer games, then no one would complain. But we've all played other games that do this much quicker despite having more complicated environments (Battlefield for example, and I know the latest one had numerous issues but the waiting time wasn't nearly like this.)

We all just want to get to the point: playing the game. I mean if they took out the halftime show because people were skipping it, do they think people wouldn't skip this aspect if they could?

Ken Griffey Jr.

Last edited by jr2424; 10-03-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #59
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
But that's the thing: I don't think anyone wants to walk around in realtime and watch other people play. I said earlier if they gave us something to do during the down time (shoot around on other courts?) then the time would go by quickly. I have played countless games in real life and when I'm waiting for a court to open, I know I go to an open court and shoot around or maybe bring a football and throw it around with others who are waiting. Only when the game is winding down do I and most others watch because we know we're about to run.

And since this is a video game and not real life, I don't want to do the mundane parts. You don't see GTA games force you to gas up your car even though you know it needs it. Don't need to go grocery shopping or do the laundry. No one wants to do that. It's not fun. Neither is waiting around.

If this were typical of other multiplayer games, then no one would complain. But we've all played other games that do this much quicker and with more complicated environments (Battlefield for example, and I know the latest one had numerous issues but the waiting time wasn't nearly like this.)

We all just want to get to the point: playing the game. I mean if they took out the halftime show because people were skipping it, do they think people wouldn't skip this aspect if they could?
That's where I'm at. I kind of like some of the advantages of the current system when it comes to The Park (we'll see about Jordan Rec Center games where the waits will most likely be longer), but they need to add something for us to be able to do while we wait. Watching strangers play in a game we don't care about makes the wait that much worse. Let us shoot around, practice dribble moves against our teammates, play 21 ... something.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was very excited this year to link up with my homeboys and play other myplayers in 5v5 at the rec center with refs and nba rules. Every year 2k don't does something that blows me. I really don't have 30 plus minutes to wait to get a 5v5 simulation game in with myplayers. Like whats the reason behind this. Everything is wonderful about this year 2k except the wait in the Jordan rec games. Its no defending this. Your crazy if you rather wait to play then jumping into a lobby with your squad and then get matched with another squad and play right away
Old 10-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

MyPark should have-

play 21, 1on1, shootaround, dunk contest while waiting for a game
keep the spectator mode
add more courts so there's less waiting
penalize quitters. nothing worse than playing the CPU in a human game mode
add a mode similiar to EASHL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #62
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll admit I haven't read all the thread and don't know all he details but the whole waiting game is laughable tbh. I just can't believe this is still implemented for a 2nd year. They need to scrap it with a patch and just put players into open games/courts. C'mon 2K, this looks like the makings of a great game. Don't ruin it with a bad decision like this.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #63
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

For the people somehow defending wait times. If 2k had included another game type called "Squad Matchmaking" which one would be more popular? The matchmaking or the Jordan Rec?
Old 10-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #64
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

If we're gonna keep this My Park mode then my ideal scenario for My Park would consist of:

1. A pickup game mode, where you can go in by yourself, and/or with friends and play blacktop with other people. This pickup mode would be good for casual players, and would serve as a place where individual players could find a squad/crew to play with; and vice versa. If you already have a squad/crew and are looking for a a few more players to fill out your team, you could go in and play with new people and see who meshes with your team; send them an invite, etc.

2. A 5 on 5, indoor, 2k11 mycrew style mode in an arena, that is matchmaking only, with no got next, and no wait times. This mode would require at least 2-3 human players, with the rest of the squad being filled with CPU players if there are not 5 humans. 4 quarters, foul calls, refs, and fans, along with custom emblems/jerseys would be a must.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »