Home

Czar's Freelance Offenses

This is a discussion on Czar's Freelance Offenses within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Czar's Freelance Offenses

So I'm starting to wonder if the CPU actually uses their freelance sets or if specific teams even use their freelance offenses such as the Knicks/Warriors with the triangle, Spurs with the swing and Heat with the Pace and Space. The CPU team seems to just call set plays every time down, but that might be an issue with specific coaches "Tendency to Call plays" slider. I kind of wish there was a freelance offense option under each coaches profile so that we can set the freelance offense for each team.

It's a shame cause Czar did an amazing job on these offenses yet I don't notice the CPU team running these sets, I notice it when I run it and the movement is beautiful, I definitely haven't seen the CPU run it and I've played against the Spurs and Rockets many, many times. Czar if this is simply a matter of turning down each coaches tendency to call plays then that would be good to know. Any background info on how this stuff works would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Czar's Freelance Offenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
So I'm starting to wonder if the CPU actually uses their freelance sets or if specific teams even use their freelance offenses such as the Knicks/Warriors with the triangle, Spurs with the swing and Heat with the Pace and Space. The CPU team seems to just call set plays every time down, but that might be an issue with specific coaches "Tendency to Call plays" slider. I kind of wish there was a freelance offense option under each coaches profile so that we can set the freelance offense for each team.

It's a shame cause Czar did an amazing job on these offenses yet I don't notice the CPU team running these sets, I notice it when I run it and the movement is beautiful, I definitely haven't seen the CPU run it and I've played against the Spurs and Rockets many, many times. Czar if this is simply a matter of turning down each coaches tendency to call plays then that would be good to know. Any background info on how this stuff works would be much appreciated.
That would be my suggestion as far as tuning down call play sliders to see freelance more often. The spurs have run plays at 95 so you won't see it much unless a play breaks down. I haven't tested that but I'd assume that is your solution.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

The higher "Run Plays" slider is, the more likely the will try to complete the play entirely. What I've done as a quick fix is divide every coaches "run play" slider by 2 so it won't be over 50. Teams will still run their sets. But if a play breaks down or there is a double, the CPU will react more appropriately.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg

What I do is...during the game I switch to the opposing team...when they are on offense I press left on the dpad to bring up the playcall menu...then press rb/r1....where it says motion cut I switch it to freelance..exit out the playcall menu.go back and switch to the team i picked....you will see a difference
Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I would like to know what's the difference in this new systems between motion cuts and freelance actions. I noticed the teams don't seem to run their true systems without cuts on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm not sure about CPU but honestly I'm not seeing much variety in my teamates freelence movements when I'm on offense.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

The 4-1 is interesting. It doesnt really have any off-ball movement or screening. It consists of the big guy shifting across the key to get in the low block on the strong side. Definitely use with Gasol/Randolph/Jefferson.

But Id like more info on what how the freelance/motion cuts/create space options work with the various sets.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

These sets are practically non existent. They work well in scrimmage because there is no shot clock. Getting them to happen or waiting for them to happen in game is not a legitimate choice though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »